Franklin vs. Blackman

ftballkicker

Went over to Franklin today to watch practice. I think I got some pretty good tape hard to tell just yet with it getting dark. I’ll know later when I put it together. QB looked good, big/strong nice arm. Offensive formations are very flexible would not be surprised to see a gadget run. But on defense, the Rebels looked as if they are planning to stop the run. A lot of guys up front. I’ll set you guys up when I get it all together.

No real surprises, Blaze should roll.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where to start .....well in my opinion Mathers is as good as Coker and by this time next year he might be better. He is that good. Its fortunate for Blackman that they don't have Coker,but its unfortunate for Franklin that the Blaze has Mathers.

Now here's where I'm going to get in trouble with my Blaze brethren ......Franklin is going up against the 2nd best team in the state. Smyrna is #1 until y'all beat them sorry just my opinion.

Blackman isn't a one trick pony by any stretch of the imagination. Their young QB has proven himself and is getting better.

Franklin better have a balanced offense and try to keep Blackman's defense guessing. If they rely on the passing attack alone the Blaze D-line and LB's will have a field day.

Blackman by 14

GO FALCONS!!!!!

You said that like Blackman had a pass d. Riverdale strictly relied on their pass game they fell short but blackman most certainly didn't have a field day they got slaughtered just like rivredale run d did against mathers

And to TheAnswer21, if I remember we made it farther than Franklin last year in the playoffs... We beat you in OT? You obviously didn't give the right answer there. :P Whatever.

Thanks for the history lesson. You are correct, last year Brentwood advanced ONE round farther than Franklin. But..if I remember correctly, 2 years ago, Franklin beat Brentwood and advanced two rounds farther (state championship game) than Brentwood. The year before that, Franklin also advanced two rounds farther than Brentwood. And of course, this year, Franklin has already guranteed that they will advance farther than Brentwood. That's 3 out of the last 4 years. So yes, I think I did give the right answer when I stated that Franklin has advanced farther in the playoffs consistently in recent years. But :P Whatever.

You said that like Blackman had a pass d. Riverdale strictly relied on their pass game they fell short but blackman most certainly didn't have a field day they got slaughtered just like rivredale run d did against mathers

here is the difference...blackman spent most of their time and energy working on stopping riverdale's run game which had gained 3100 yards going into game 10...that is over 300 ypg...and blackman held them to 114 yards rushing...riverdale had only passed for 550 yards per game going into game with blackman and your qb was amazing as he threw for 335 in one game...the very area that blackman had not spent much time on...and which 99% of teams that play riverdale do not spend much time on (but probably will now...LOL) ...also, blackman could not blitz when trying to defend the wing T because if you do...you get burned bad...so this game was as opposite as one can get in terms of preparation...

vs. Franklin...blackman will have the week to prepare for the pass ( i know they will stop the run) and in doing his i feel confident that they will play much better against the pass...and if they dont...it may turn into another shoot out because i do not one bit believe they can stop our offense from doing what it does!

PBD :flower:

Other than lunch, do you ever actually get to go into the big building with the rest of the students? :popcorneater:

seems like you don't know much about blackman...or Mathers! and you seem to have wishful thinking!

only one team has stopped him all year...smyrna...but in that game he only had 5 touches in 2nd half because he got hurt...but had 72 yards on 11 carries in the first half... on what i think is the best defense in the state...

you have not faced a defense this year like you will face in blackman's front 8...

i'd put money on it that our coach is much better than antioch's was and our scheme as well as mathers will keep your D guessing!

Yes, you best oakland, but oakland at week 11 was a totally different team than they were at week 8...RB gone, dis-heartned after losing 2 of 3 when they expected to win it all...and some internal issues to boot...congrads on this win vs oakland...but you are playing a team that is and has been on a roll for 7 straight weeks...

Mather's carved up brentwood (234 yds), and riverdale (322)...i hope your D is ALOT BETTER THAN THEIRS...cause if it ain't ALOT BETTER...you are in trouble!

here's the bottom line: if your QB throws for over 300 yards, you will have a chance to beat us or if we have 3 to 5 turnovers at key times and places on the field...but i don't think you will run the ball on us...and i don't think you will stop our run game...and i think your QB will be under pressure like he has never seen!

After reading this so many times in the past few weeks, I have to ask. Does Blackman have 2 defenses? The "notorious front 8" and the yet to be named back 3. I wonder how the kids in the back 3 feel, do they even feel part of the defense? Is this not a play as a team, win as a team, or is it play as a front 8 and a back 3. Think about it, basically you made it sound like front 8 held riverdale to 114 rushing yards, but back 3 gave up 350 yards passing. Or front eight won the game while back 3 almost lost it. You have a good defense why seperate the two? Just curious.

After reading this so many times in the past few weeks, I have to ask. Does Blackman have 2 defenses? The "notorious front 8" and the yet to be named back 3. I wonder how the kids in the back 3 feel, do they even feel part of the defense? Is this not a play as a team, win as a team, or is it play as a front 8 and a back 3. Think about it, basically you made it sound like front 8 held riverdale to 114 rushing yards, but back 3 gave up 350 yards passing. Or front eight won the game while back 3 almost lost it. You have a good defense why seperate the two? Just curious.

You are correct. Here at Blackman we try to break our team down to smaller groups of MEs'. That way we can properly place blame where it is needed. If our running back has a big game then he alone gets the credit. If not we blame it on the line (not my kid though)or the coaching scheme. Should our quarterback have a good game, then we can say he is improving. If not we don't even talk to him the next week at practice. On D we really try to keep those guys separate, even in practice, they don't get along very well together. Special teams really ain't that special so we don't even worry with those guys (we all know their weird anyway).

I hope that helps with you questions. :popcorneater:

We Are Blackman! just a small groups of MEs'

Edited by mykidsdad

You are correct. Here at Blackman we try to break our team down to smaller groups of MEs'. That way we can properly place blame where it is needed. If our running back has a big game then he alone gets the credit. If not we blame it on the line (not my kid though)or the coaching scheme. Should our quarterback have a good game, then we can say he is improving. If not we don't even talk to him the next week at practice. On D we really try to keep those guys separate, even in practice, they don't get along very well together. Special teams really ain't that special so we don't even worry with those guys (we all know their weird anyway).

I hope that helps with you questions. :popcorneater:

We Are Blackman! just a small groups of MEs'

Thanks PBD I knew I would get a good answer from you!! :thumb:

Thanks PBD I knew I would get a good answer from you!! :thumb:

that was not me that gave the answer...it was the dad who is always wacking his kid up side the head... "mykidsdad"... :flower:

here is my answer...i meant in no way to leave out the back three...nor blame them for the riverdale passing game execution...my point was we kept 8 in the box to stop the wingT machine of the run...and it left our back 3 all alone...and even our 4 linebackers did not do well helping with pass because they were eyeballing the run so much and left the hook and flat wide open...just not alot of prep there and it showed...but front 8 did stop the run which was what they were focused on!

and my positive intention was that the back 3 as you called them will be much more prepared with much more help from LB's and blitz packages, etc to do a much better job vs franklin...now they and everyone else must still execute the game plan...because franklin really can throw the rock...

and every d has a weakness and at the start of the year...if you looked at our D overall...you would have to say that the back 3 were our weakness because none of them had started before and the front 8 had all started the year before...so we had more inexperience back there...but i can't say it in strong enough words of how proud i am of these 3 or 4 guys who have played in our secondary this year...they have worked and worked and worked...improved greatly...and most of everyone who knows this team well have all said how proud/ pleased and encouraged we have been to see them really take it to another level over the course of the year...they just needed some coaching and time and game experience ...THIS IS MY2CENTS! :thumb:

Went over to Franklin today to watch practice. I think I got some pretty good tape hard to tell just yet with it getting dark. I’ll know later when I put it together. QB looked good, big/strong nice arm. Offensive formations are very flexible would not be surprised to see a gadget run. But on defense, the Rebels looked as if they are planning to stop the run. A lot of guys up front. I’ll set you guys up when I get it all together.

No real surprises, Blaze should roll.

thanks for sneaking in and filming practice yesterday...and thanks for taking the time to send it to me via the internet last night... :flower: