Finally!

VolunteerCoach

This is from Rivals:

Couple big Tennessee games nearing completion Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ink is all but dried on these games, both to be played in East Tennessee.

MBA to play Maryville and Enworth to play Alcoa to kickoff 2011 - at Maryville.

MBA will play Alcoa and Ensworth will play Maryville to kickoff 2012 - at Alcoa.

-DJ

Yep rumor has it they have and Knox Webb could take their place. What in the world is Ensworth's problems. I wish they would ask MUS to play them. I am sure they would trade South Panola for Alcoa all day long.

Ensworth never accepted. They where contacted, as was MUS. No DII was willing to play Alcoa and Maryville til they where offered $3500 to play. This week 0 bowl game was put together by Maryville and Alcoa's AD's after having scheduling difficulties.

I already feel sorry for MBA.............Maryville will has a unreal team next season!

Ensworth never accepted. They where contacted, as was MUS. No DII was willing to play Alcoa and Maryville til they where offered $3500 to play. This week 0 bowl game was put together by Maryville and Alcoa's AD's after having scheduling difficulties.

I already feel sorry for MBA.............Maryville will has a unreal team next season!

Just contacted one of the coaches at MUS and they said they were never contacted by anyone to play Alcoa or Maryville. Not sure where you heard that rumor. Do you really think MUS needs money to play someone?

3500 is what has to be paid up (apparently) so that neither of you has to leave blount county. You could easily go home and home with any of us and just keep the 3500. Lord knows we don't need it but I guess if those are the terms, we'll accept it :thumb:

3500 is what has to be paid up (apparently) so that neither of you has to leave blount county. You could easily go home and home with any of us and just keep the 3500. Lord knows we don't need it but I guess if those are the terms, we'll accept it :thumb:

Of course you don't need it but that was the bonus. Free trip to play the little old Blount County teams. I'm just glad MBA took on the challenge. No matter what happens MBA has already earned my respect. Also, I have a good friend who's kids go to MBA and he's loving it. He gets to come back home and watch his old high school play his kids school. As for ENSWORTH not wanting to play GO FIGURE. :roflol: I don't never EVER, EVER, EVER want to hear a DII poster say anything about the Tornadoes schedule. Especially if you get ask to play and you decline. Don't blame us!!!! :twisted:

OK KublahKD you have been on here for a while. Why would you think?? Alcoa's budget makes it so that we can't really afford to play long away games. This bowl game will bring in extra money for both Alcoa and Maryville. We don't have the money privates have. The only reason we played in Kentucky the last two years is we couldn't find know body to play us in Tn. Bell County was only 2 hours away ( short trip ). I personally would love to see a home and home series but it is what it is. I can't speak for Maryville but that Alcoa's situation.

Edited by DSM10

OK KublahKD you have been on here for a while. Why would you think?? Alcoa's budget makes it so that we can't really afford to play long away games. This bowl game will bring in extra money for both Alcoa and Maryville. We don't have the money privates have. The only reason we played in Kentucky the last two years is we couldn't find know body to play us in Tn. Bell County was only 2 hours away ( short trip ). I personally would love to see a home and home series but it is what it is. I can't speak for Maryville but that Alcoa's situation.

Trying to understand. The teams can't afford to travel 2 1/2 to 3 hours to play the Nashville teams or Brynes. Or 5 hours or so to play the Memphis teams but can pay said teams $3,500.00 to play them?

Trying to understand. The teams can't afford to travel 2 1/2 to 3 hours to play the Nashville teams or Brynes. Or 5 hours or so to play the Memphis teams but can pay said teams $3,500.00 to play them?

Having these 4 games over a two year period is an excellent ideal. Don't you think that will be a huge gate for both our Schools? These games will fund our whole athletic budget for the year. SIMPLE ECONOMICS! I would expect the crowds at these games to be well over 12000. At 6 dollars a ticket PLUS concessions this will be a huge profit. Plus the sponsors are paying for the $3500. If you can't understand that then you need to go back to school. :roflol::popcorneater: