Finally!

VolunteerCoach

We will never know how good Alcoa would do in DII BUT we do know that nobody in DII wants to play the BLOUNT COUNTY TEAMS THE NEXT TWO YEARS. :popcorneater:

Did your mama forget to teach you not to lie???????? It is never too late to learn, so please stop posting this trash. Alcoa and Maryville are both wonderful teams. There are some wonderful teams in DII as well. Grow up and get over yourselves. Good luck to your team(s) in the finals.

MBA is the one that tucked tail and ran! :thumb: They like Ensworth was sent the paperwork to sign to play in the Twin city kickoff bowl against Maryville and Alcoa. Ensworth backed out...........now MBA! You DII guys are ALL TALK!

You just won't stop repeating your made-up stories, will you? Maybe you believe each other, but at this point your lies on this subject have been exposed and no one else believes you. Do you really have to spread misinformation about other programs in order to feel good about your team??????????? Knock it off - people associate you with Alcoa - your utter disrespect of the truth and of others just makes an excellent football program (Alcoa) look bad. These boards are supposed to be about high school football and the kids that play it, not about the artificially inflated egos of a few Alcoa fans. Good luck to your team in the final.

Edited by RedRobin

You just won't stop repeating your made-up stories, will you? Maybe you believe each other, but at this point your lies on this subject have been exposed and no one else believes you. Do you really have to spread misinformation about other programs in order to feel good about your team??????????? Knock it off - people associate you with Alcoa - your utter disrespect of the truth and of others just makes an excellent football program (Alcoa) look bad. These boards are supposed to be about high school football and the kids that play it, not about the artificially inflated egos of a few Alcoa fans. Good luck to your team in the final.

Why not just let the people close to MBA or Ensworth let us know what happened before you go calling everybody a liar . I doubt if it's because anyone's scared , but I would love to know why these schools have backed out after years of hearing how we were afraid to play them . rollredroll , have you heard anything?? I thought MBA was a done deal .

Why not just let the people close to MBA or Ensworth let us know what happened before you go calling everybody a liar . I doubt if it's because anyone's scared , but I would love to know why these schools have backed out after years of hearing how we were afraid to play them . rollredroll , have you heard anything?? I thought MBA was a done deal .

You have been hearing from Ensworth fans about this for years???? They are currently in their fourth year of varsity football. Or maybe you imagined that you heard that from fans of Ensworth's middle school team, which has been around much longer? Try to get your facts straight before you make up stories about other programs.

Edited by RedRobin

You have been hearing from Ensworth fans about this for years???? They are currently in their fourth year of varsity football. Or maybe you imagined that you heard that from fans of Ensworth's middle school team, which has been around much longer? Try to get your facts straight before you make up stories about other programs.

I was talking about Private schools in general there RedRobin ... you don't seem to be too worried about facts before you start calling everybody a liar . Maryville and Alcoa has reached out to the DII powerhouses , that is a fact , you can keep holding your breath and crying everybody is a liar all you want , but this has happened . I'm not saying anyone from DII is scared , but I find it amazing after listening for years here on CoachT ( Ya , we actually have been doing this BE ... Before Ensworth ), how Maryville / Alcoa were afraid of them , that someone from DII would not jump all over this opportunity . I'm very disappointed , I've been wanting to play MBA for years , just because I respect them so much , and admire the Classy way they go about things . If you're an example of how Ensworth fans are , then you could learn a lot from your brother in arms over at MBA .

I was talking about Private schools in general there RedRobin ... you don't seem to be too worried about facts before you start calling everybody a liar . Maryville and Alcoa has reached out to the DII powerhouses , that is a fact , you can keep holding your breath and crying everybody is a liar all you want , but this has happened . I'm not saying anyone from DII is scared , but I find it amazing after listening for years here on CoachT ( Ya , we actually have been doing this BE ... Before Ensworth ), how Maryville / Alcoa were afraid of them , that someone from DII would not jump all over this opportunity . I'm very disappointed , I've been wanting to play MBA for years , just because I respect them so much , and admire the Classy way they go about things . If you're an example of how Ensworth fans are , then you could learn a lot from your brother in arms over at MBA .

This has little, if anything, to do with Ensworth, or MBA, or Alcoa. This has to do with me calling out a couple of self-styled Alcoa fans for spreading falsehoods (aka "lies") about other programs. I understand their frustration; some people will inevitably throw stones at those more successful than they, but I disagree vehemently with their method of expressing that frustration by making up stories about other programs to further their purpose.

I agree with you that MBA has a classy program. Good luck to your team in the finals, though I will be rooting for Goodpasture, since they are from middle Tennessee. I have been paying attention to high school football in Tennessee only for the past 4 years. I have not yet had an opportunity to see Alcoa play, but am very impressed with their great success over the years. Peace.

Edited by RedRobin

This has little, if anything, to do with Ensworth, or MBA, or Alcoa. This has to do with me calling out a couple of self-styled Alcoa fans for spreading falsehoods (aka "lies") about other programs. I understand their frustration; some people will inevitably throw stones at those more successful than they, but I disagree vehemently with their method of expressing that frustration by making up stories about other programs to further their purpose.

I agree with you that MBA has a classy program. Good luck to your team in the finals, though I will be rooting for Goodpasture, since they are from middle Tennessee. I have been paying attention to high school football in Tennessee only for the past 4 years. I have not yet had an opportunity to see Alcoa play, but am very impressed with their great success over the years. Peace.

I'm a Maryville fan ... I'm still hoping for a change of heart from either MBA , Ensworth , BA , or MUS ... if any of you guys have any influence at your school , please let them know how much everyone wants to see this happen . I was hoping this could evolve into a yearly deal with Maryville playing MBA , I think it would be great for all schools involved and great for Tennessee football .

Do a google search there Rrobin............Many newspaper articles about the Twin City Bowl game. It is a real game. The early articles listed Alcoa, Maryville, Webb and MBA, now the newer articles state the fourth team to be announced. But, my source is the organizer of the event. MBA never sent the paperwork back and backed out. Their excuse..........."oh we thought it was a home and home??" Yea, right what did they think.............they where going to get $3500 each year of a two year contract to play at MBA??? Funny.

Bottomline........DII schools have talked down to all outside their little elitist club. When they get paid to come to Blount County and prove that DII is King, all the big talkers tuck tail.

Come on Rollredroll, bigredbigblue, why back out?? :popcorneater:

Do a google search there Rrobin............Many newspaper articles about the Twin City Bowl game. It is a real game. The early articles listed Alcoa, Maryville, Webb and MBA, now the newer articles state the fourth team to be announced. But, my source is the organizer of the event. MBA never sent the paperwork back and backed out. Their excuse..........."oh we thought it was a home and home??" Yea, right what did they think.............they where going to get $3500 each year of a two year contract to play at MBA??? Funny.

Bottomline........DII schools have talked down to all outside their little elitist club. When they get paid to come to Blount County and prove that DII is King, all the big talkers tuck tail.

Come on Rollredroll, bigredbigblue, why back out?? :popcorneater:

I've seen no proof of an invitation, beyond the statements here. I can't find any articles in a google search that link MBA to this game, and certainly nothing that has them committing to it. You're holding out the idea of $3500 as if it's some sort of fortune that no one could pass up. In reality, it's probably a little more than what the trip would cost, but certainly nothing compared to what one home game would bring in. And money does play a factor. MBA has lots of it, but the vast majority goes the expenses of running the school as a whole, not to the athletic program. The varsity football program pays for a big chunk of the athletic program as a whole. It supports 5 non-revenue generating football teams alone, and this does not include all of the other atheletic teams (cross country, golf, rifle, basketball, wrestling, ice hockey, baseball, soccer, track, and tennis). Of those, only the varsity basketball team charges admission for their games, and all of these teams except ice hockey also have a 7th-8th garade team, 9th grade team, and some have JV teams as well. So the $7K you hold out is less than half what the school would see in a typical home game, not including concessions and program sales.

And I like your "elitist club" shot. It conveniently ignores the fact that we were kicked off into this group; we certainly had no desire to leave AAAAA football and go into what in hockey terms would be a "house league." The alternative for us is to cease providing financial aid. With a tuition hovering near $20,000, doing that would eliminate all but the sons of "elite" families (and hence rule out people like rollredroll and myself, who did not grow up inBelle Meade).

MBA's record suggests a willingness to take on high level competition. Remember our game with Byrnes: we took on a school highly regarded at the national level with a team that was regarded as nothing better than "pretty good." Maryville and Alcoa may well be better than us; that's never caused us to opt out of a game.

OK KublahKD you have been on here for a while. Why would you think?? Alcoa's budget makes it so that we can't really afford to play long away games. This bowl game will bring in extra money for both Alcoa and Maryville. We don't have the money privates have. The only reason we played in Kentucky the last two years is we couldn't find know body to play us in Tn. Bell County was only 2 hours away ( short trip ). I personally would love to see a home and home series but it is what it is. I can't speak for Maryville but that Alcoa's situation.

Alcoa and Murville have limited budgets--it costs money to recruit those kids :rolleyes:

Simmer down, I'm just kidding.