Finally!

VolunteerCoach

Do a google search there Rrobin............Many newspaper articles about the Twin City Bowl game. It is a real game. The early articles listed Alcoa, Maryville, Webb and MBA, now the newer articles state the fourth team to be announced. But, my source is the organizer of the event. MBA never sent the paperwork back and backed out. Their excuse..........."oh we thought it was a home and home??" Yea, right what did they think.............they where going to get $3500 each year of a two year contract to play at MBA??? Funny.

Bottomline........DII schools have talked down to all outside their little elitist club. When they get paid to come to Blount County and prove that DII is King, all the big talkers tuck tail.

Come on Rollredroll, bigredbigblue, why back out?? :popcorneater:

I certainly don't recall any of this--and from reading this post, it's the Alcoa fans and Maryville fans (not the staff or schools) that seem to be throwing the most stones

I certainly don't recall any of this--and from reading this post, it's the Alcoa fans and Maryville fans (not the staff or schools) that seem to be throwing the most stones

I should not have grouped ALL DII schools together. Most of the trash talking comes from MUS, & MBA, posters.

I enjoyed the games against McCallie! I wish they where back on the schedule.

And I like your "elitist club" shot. It conveniently ignores the fact that we were kicked off into this group; we certainly had no desire to leave AAAAA football and go into what in hockey terms would be a "house league." The alternative for us is to cease providing financial aid. With a tuition hovering near $20,000, doing that would eliminate all but the sons of "elite" families (and hence rule out people like rollredroll and myself, who did not grow up inBelle Meade).

Isn't it funny? I know irony is lost on these people, but on one hand they call us "elitist" for playing in our "lonely corner of Tennessee football" all because we refuse to stop giving financial aid and opening our doors to a more diverse student body. But, get rid of financial aid, eliminate all but the wealthiest of the wealthy kids from playing sports, join D1, and you are no longer elitist. Go figure.

The BC teams and the event organizers have a choice to make. It's their event, so to make it the best possible event and attract a D2-AA team, all they have to do is agree to make a return trip to either one of MBA or EHS. That simple really....But as long as they are unwilling to travel outside BC, the event organizers will be stuck with whoever is willing to go play there in successive years in week 0. Do you think the other top D1 teams in 5-6A will make that concession to the BC teams? I doubt it. I can't see Smyrna, Oakland or Riverdale agreeing to the terms of this offer. Might have to start looking out of state...maybe Byrnes would do it?

If I were one of the event organizers, looking to maximize the revenue from this event, I'd strongly encourage the schools to travel to Nashville to seal the deal. Otherwise this is going to be a boring event. Good luck with that.

Hey at least you got a counter offer from us...that's more than the Clinic Bowl organizers got from Maryville and Rankin's Riverdale team in 2005. that was just a giant "no thanks." In honor of BC: :thumb:

Edited by big red big blue

Thats life here in knoxville. It sucks but Webb had to agree to play bearden and west all on their fields in order to get them on the schedule. Now West(5A semi finals), Powell(5a), Bearden(6a), AE(4a), Central (6a) wont play webb anymore (who are all a combined 0-16 in their last 16 games against webb. Farragut refuses to play Webb even when Webb has offered to play both games at farragut. If i were MBA/ensworth/ba, id just bite the bullet and do it, heck you get to play in neyland stadium which would be pretty cool. Webb had maryville on the schedule but they backed out to do this (understandable), luckily when one of the d2aa teams didnt want to do it, webb was able to slip back in for a one time game with them. Maybe you could entice them to come play in the Titans stadium the following 2 years. Either way if neither of nashville teams do it, im betting McCallie or Baylor will jump in. I would love to see BA/MBA/Ensworth play Maryville in Neyland next year, I know its a long trip for back to back years but owell.

Isn't it funny? I know irony is lost on these people, but on one hand they call us "elitist" for playing in our "lonely corner of Tennessee football"

Might have to start looking out of state...maybe Byrnes

In honor of BC: :thumb:

:roflolk: After watching the Baylor/Emsworth game..........DII 2A is FAR from the elite football in TN. No size, no speed, no depth. It would have been a waste of a great event having a TN DII 2A team.

So, you are exactly right.........probably need to look at a TN DI 6A team or out of state team for a quality opponent!

In honor of WEBB! For stepping up! :thumb:

:roflolk: After watching the Baylor/Emsworth game..........DII 2A is FAR from the elite football in TN. No size, no speed, no depth. It would have been a waste of a great event having a TN DII 2A team.

So, you are exactly right.........probably need to look at a TN DI 6A team or out of state team for a quality opponent!

Ensworth is extremely happy with our modest gridiron success as our students continue to focus on things more important than football. We have moved on. We are glad that you find such apparent joy in continuously claiming football superiority. Have fun with that.

• Upvote 1

Ensworth is extremely happy with our modest gridiron success as our students continue to focus on things more important than football. We have moved on. We are glad that you find such apparent joy in continuously claiming football superiority. Have fun with that.

Given his posts over time, you can understand the cheer that used to come from the MBA stands, "You'll be working for us one day."

Given his posts over time, you can understand the cheer that used to come from the MBA stands, "You'll be working for us one day."

Not sure anyone would want an employee who continuously spreads hate, appears to derive gratification from incessant (though largely unsuccessful) attempts to humiliate others and who derives some sort of twisted self-worth from the efforts of high-school boys. See you on the basketball, wrestling and hockey boards?

Edited by RedRobin

Not sure anyone would want an employee who continuously spreads hate and appears to derive gratification from incessant (though largely unsuccessful) attempts to humiliate others. See you on the basketball, wrestling and hockey boards?

I think MBA has decided to cancel the basketball program after last year's success (know when to leave the stage). I hope there's some activity on the ice hockey board. I'm yet to see MBA play.

Size? Ensworth's starting offensive line is 5'11-225, 6'2-245, 6'2-255, 6'3-310, 6'7-240, and 6'3-230. Not sure that's considered "small". And as far as speed goes every skill player on Ensworth's team with the exception of Dingess (who makes up for it being a 6'6 1/2 receiver) can run with anyone on Maryville or Alcoa's team.

As a side note, Ensworth one this game because of Coach Wade. Unbelievable play caller and a great coach.