Finally!

VolunteerCoach

Also - MBA would have beaten Maryville and Alcoa the past two years.

Hey Kwoodroof, would the above qualify for " considerable disdain" ? I never see a Maryville fan come out and say that we would definitely beat anyone , because lord knows we've had to hear over and over how many teams would beat us in these imaginary games . I look forward to seeing MBA on our field , hopefully you guys will have more respect for Maryville now , win or lose .

Hey Kwoodroof, would the above qualify for " considerable disdain" ? I never see a Maryville fan come out and say that we would definitely beat anyone , because lord knows we've had to hear over and over how many teams would beat us in these imaginary games . I look forward to seeing MBA on our field , hopefully you guys will have more respect for Maryville now , win or lose .

There aren't a whole lot of MBA posters left, and I don't think any of us have displayed a lack of respect for Maryville. I think an MBA-Maryville match-up will be interesting, though I'd rather see the two BC schools play someone from out of state, as I think it would raise and enhance the view of Tennessee football. That said, is there a date for this game yet? This one might be worth a trip home for, and I have a friend who retired to Maryville.

As to the imaginary games, one of the Alcoa fans conceded that y'all are terrible in hypothetical games. If you're looking for a serious answer to how I think those two would have stacked up, I think the 2008 team would have been competitive, though probably not able to beat AHS or MHS. Last year's team was actually like 3 different teams. The team at the end of the season was good, but for much of the season, they were a bit lost (hence the losses to Independence, BGA and BA.

Well of course I'm proud of that fact, DSM. I don't want my school employing a guy who "cuts and runs" (i.e., schemes to have the rules changed to his liking--D1/D2) after losing a single game (Clinic Bowl '95).

I remember when Gary Pigue was the coach at Hunter's Lane and scheduled a home/home with MBA in the 90s, losing both games. It was a non-district game. Someone asked him afterwards he planned on dropping the series and he answered, "h--- no! I'm gonna keep playing 'em til I beat 'em." Which he eventually did. Contrast that with Gary losing the first game he ever coached against BA...ranting and raving off the field with his principal, "we'll never play those _______'s again!"

To each his own I guess...seems like you were winning championships before he showed up.

You are going to REALLY be whining next season! :thumb:

Edited by BCsportsfan

There aren't a whole lot of MBA posters left, and I don't think any of us have displayed a lack of respect for Maryville. I think an MBA-Maryville match-up will be interesting, though I'd rather see the two BC schools play someone from out of state, as I think it would raise and enhance the view of Tennessee football. That said, is there a date for this game yet? This one might be worth a trip home for, and I have a friend who retired to Maryville.

As to the imaginary games, one of the Alcoa fans conceded that y'all are terrible in hypothetical games. If you're looking for a serious answer to how I think those two would have stacked up, I think the 2008 team would have been competitive, though probably not able to beat AHS or MHS. Last year's team was actually like 3 different teams. The team at the end of the season was good, but for much of the season, they were a bit lost (hence the losses to Independence, BGA and BA.

Good post. I don't think MBA would've beaten Maryville or Alcoa the last two years. I do,however, believe that MUS would've beaten both of them handily last year. As far as the OOS match-ups are concerned, I have been preaching that for months now. No one in Blount County seems to understand that it will help ALL of TN football if they do. Div II already represents us well. It is high time that the two best public schools do the same. Based on the responses I have received I tend to believe they are all content with just playing eachother every year in their BC bowl. At least this is a step forward for the both of them. I just wonder why a home and home wasn't offered?

I wish we could just go anywhere we want to play like the privates , but a public school cannot just spend all of it's money on travelling to out of state football games . I'll be happy with just playing you guys , you all can go represent out of State for all of us .

I wouldn't claim a Maryville victory over any team we didn't play .... but I also wouldn't claim a loss either :roflol: We don't know what would of happened the last few years , but hopefully we'll get to see for the next several years .... I would love to have MBA or BA on our regular schedule every year .

I wish we could just go anywhere we want to play like the privates , but a public school cannot just spend all of it's money on travelling to out of state football games . I'll be happy with just playing you guys , you all can go represent out of State for all of us .

I wouldn't claim a Maryville victory over any team we didn't play .... but I also wouldn't claim a loss either :roflol: We don't know what would of happened the last few years , but hopefully we'll get to see for the next several years .... I would love to have MBA or BA on our regular schedule every year .

Certainly the Div II-AA schools have good (though hardly unlimited) finances. Don't forget though, that our regualr season entails pretty significant travel. Also, some of those games have some financial support from sponsors. I understand The Herbstreit Classic covered travel. Byrnes came to Nashville (in much the same manner as Sherman went to Savannah). Southhaven and the various Kentucky games were really just long bus trips. Probably the only game that was "exotic" and out of reach for some programs would be the trip to Jacksonville to play Bolles.

As to representing the state, I think MBA has always represented Tennessee well. However, MBA has the occasional down year. MHS/AHS seem to be pretty consistently in top form.

Well of course I'm proud of that fact, DSM. I don't want my school employing a guy who "cuts and runs" (i.e., schemes to have the rules changed to his liking--D1/D2) after losing a single game (Clinic Bowl '95).

I remember when Gary Pigue was the coach at Hunter's Lane and scheduled a home/home with MBA in the 90s, losing both games. It was a non-district game. Someone asked him afterwards he planned on dropping the series and he answered, "h--- no! I'm gonna keep playing 'em til I beat 'em." Which he eventually did. Contrast that with Gary losing the first game he ever coached against BA...ranting and raving off the field with his principal, "we'll never play those _______'s again!"

To each his own I guess...seems like you were winning championships before he showed up.

Ah yes, the little school that could and actually did. Some dream and some do it.

Ah yes, the little school that could and actually did. Some dream and some do it.

On of my favorites was Ernest Smallen at AA Goodlettsville (and Cumberland prior to that)in '75. He had defending AA Champion Loudon and defending A champion Brentwood Academy back to back at the end of the season. He was disappointed that he couldn't get defending AAA champion Ryan on the schedule as well.

lol, did you really have to edit that? It's only one sentence, BC. Surely you can insult me in one sentence without having to go back and correct yourself.

Yea...........typing and doing the "happy dance" thinking about the girlie schools getting the beat down was too much! :thumb: To bad you "elite" DII guys won't be around next season to poke and rib alittle. :ph34r:

This time around the shoe will be on MBA's foot.........After the beating Maryville puts on them next season, they'll probably buy out the contract to save from playing the F5 :thumb: