Columbia Central-Knox Catholic

muffin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Columbia has speed on offense then they could handle the Irish. Catholic is not overly fast on defense and they struggle against teams that have quick skill position players.

Columbia's defense will need to be ready because Catholic has a huge o-line that includes 3 or 4 guys who will be playing D1 once they graduate. The Irish QB had a ton of pre-season hype but really hasn't put up the numbers to justify it. Their top two RBs are decent backs that are not real big or fast but run hard. The x-factor for Catholic on offense would be their freshman WR #12 who can really play. He's going to be something to watch over the next 3 years. He is also a very dangerous return man so keep an eye on him.

I'm looking to hearing how this one turns out.

Hey IrishBBall...How ya doing???

You know I'm definitely NOT an IRISH fan, but I hope you guys put it to Columbia Friday night. Good Luck!

....OMG, I can't believe I just said that! SOMEBODY pinch me and WAKE ME UP. I am SOOOO having a nightmare!!! :P

Oppressed...I'm assuming someone got your password and posted under your name. hahahaha

Hopefully we will take care of business. We've only played up to our potential in spots. Maybe we can put it together for the playoffs.

And since I'm much more open minded than you, I have no qualms about cheering for your MAVs(especially against Powell). Make sure you keep your dressing room locked! LOL

Good luck on your playoff run.

By the way this new district stuff doesn't have the old funtrash talking that the old district had!!!!

Edited by IrishBBall

I'm thinking Knox Catholic might be a little overated or Columbia is underated. The Lions are good, even though they didn't win the District 8AAA championship. I don't know anything about the game except Columbia won 34-23. Congrats to the Lions on winning and Columbia will host Tullahoma next Friday night in the 3rd round of the TSSAA 5A state playoffs.

Hopefully we will take care of business. We've only played up to our potential in spots.

Catlick eigh'nt plaid upta thar potinchal en too yars beeball. wheye iz dat?

Last year was understandable with the coaching change and moving into another classification.Coach Meadows system was obviously radically different than that of Coach Pemberton. Not to say it is better or worse...just different. Most of the kids playing came up playing for CYS and they had put in very similar schemes to Coach Pemberton through middle school and then into high school. Expectations have been very high for the past 6 or 7 years and justified with the talent at hand. I think season-ending injuries to 2 or 3 key starters in the pre-season put a big damper on this season. Not many schools can afford to lose a D-1 signee and another key starter and not suffer. Since we are the smallest school enrollment-wise in our division, depth becomes an issue. I think if you look at our players, you would see a good deal of talent but most are forced to play both ways and fatigue eventually becomes a factor along with the nagging injuries that come during the course of a season. I know every school has to deal with this but with a student body of 650 kids it is a little tougher.

You got a different take?