Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

Tornadogold: Why don't you get off your self righteous high horse. Sounds to me that you may be a bit worried about having to share the stage. Granted, GHS may not be the next best thing to sliced bread, but there are other teams that are pretty good besides, what's the name of that school? Alcoopa, no Alocoa. Wonder how good you'd be if you didn't get all of Knoxville's finest?

I'm thinking we'd still be pretty darn good considering no on our roster lives in knoxville...nice try though ;)

Completely neutral hahaha yeah right keep telling your self that there bud. If we have not played anyone and beat the FIRE SNOT out of his boys then what does that say about the teams they played and beat (exept fulton which we beat 45-0)?

HUH...........Devils beat a weak Fulton team 35-0. Alcoa had Fulton down 28-0 1st qtr. 42-0 at the half..............played the band members the second half a won 49-0! The devils would lose to the F5 42-14! book it! :thumb:

HUH...........Devils beat a weak Fulton team 35-0. Alcoa had Fulton down 28-0 1st qtr. 42-0 at the half..............played the band members the second half a won 49-0! The devils would lose to the F5 42-14! book it! :thumb:

How about yall lame Alcoa fans stick to posting on your topics, and next year when alcoa comes up to greeneville, start talkin to us. Cause all yall do is come on here and HATE on the devils cause you know they're in the same discussion as alcoa now. You just hate the fact that somebody is as good as you. Leave it alone till the next season and go get yourselfs a gold ball, because thats the only thing thats on our minds. Go luck the rest of the way...... yall can wish us luck too, to rep East TN. :thumb:

Personally I think if Gibbs had not turned the ball over on their first drive it might have been a different game. They moved the ball well between the 20's. Hibbett is pretty much a stud, I left the game very impressed with him. I felt the QB was pretty good too, he seemed to have trouble keeping his emotions in check. I think Greeneville would have won the game either way because Gibbs really did not do a lot to show me they could stop the Greeneville offense. But if not for Gibbs shooting themselves in the foot a few times it probably would have been a much closer game. Greeneville is pretty darn good......good enough? Time will tell. I sure hope they can FINISH!

Personally I think if Gibbs had not turned the ball over on their first drive it might have been a different game. They moved the ball well between the 20's. Hibbett is pretty much a stud, I left the game very impressed with him. I felt the QB was pretty good too, he seemed to have trouble keeping his emotions in check. I think Greeneville would have won the game either way because Gibbs really did not do a lot to show me they could stop the Greeneville offense. But if not for Gibbs shooting themselves in the foot a few times it probably would have been a much closer game. Greeneville is pretty darn good......good enough? Time will tell. I sure hope they can FINISH!

I love it when people say "if they didn't turn the ball over." That should be a credit to the other team's defense. I wish someday, someone would say, "their defense played better than our offense because they caused turnovers." Greeneville's defense is legit. They bent, but never broke and won the football game against Gibbs.

I love it when people say "if they didn't turn the ball over." That should be a credit to the other team's defense. I wish someday, someone would say, "their defense played better than our offense because they caused turnovers." Greeneville's defense is legit. They bent, but never broke and won the football game against Gibbs.

[/quote)

I was not knocking Greeneville's defense at all! They played the give them yards in the middle of the field well all night and did not allow any points to be scored other than the field goal. I was just stating what I felt. The Greeneville defense did play better than Gibbs offense because they allowed three points for four quarters of football. However the first fumble was on the exchange not because someone stripped him or because of a hit, that was what I meant by that.

I don't care what Conley said in his post game interview, Rollins would have altered his game plan. What exactly do you consider shooting themselves in the foot? The mid field fumble after the nice catch was caused by a monster hit.Passing on 4th and goal when he could have probably been effective with Hibbett off tackle...poor coaching. Crappy clock management .Interception in the end zone...that was poor play-calling on the part of Conley. These kids were poorly prepared for 4 quarters of this kind of smash mouth and the loss of composure by Legg was the result.

I have to agree with Volunteer fan on this one Bud. That first drive fumble was on a fake to Hibbett with the intention of handing off to the wing back coming around. The QB lost the ball when it hit Hibbett's hip.

I wish we could designate those sort of turnovers as fumbles and the ones caused by defense as take-aways or forced fumbles or something so the stat would give credit where it's due.

I have to agree with Volunteer fan on this one Bud. That first drive fumble was on a fake to Hibbett with the intention of handing off to the wing back coming around. The QB lost the ball when it hit Hibbett's hip.

I wish we could designate those sort of turnovers as fumbles and the ones caused by defense as take-aways or forced fumbles or something so the stat would give credit where it's due.

I understand. I guess I just didn't read his first post well enough. However, being in game situation, sometimes those turnovers like that are still because the pressure the defense is bringing play after play. The kids lose focus and then make mistakes. But I agree with both of you.