Bearden vs. Maryville

B2B2B

Well let's see: "Maryville can't play with the big boys" comes to mind.

Maryville will have little trouble beating Bearden soundly again if they keep the mistakes from occuring in the short end of the field and bring the normal post season intency. Bearden is mainly ONE DIMENSIONAL and even though Young is an outstanding player, he is not enough. IF MHS stops Young from getting outside his impact will be marginal or limited. Maryville is again peaking at just the right time and being at home is another huge factor. Every team improves over the course of a season but for Maryville there were two things that would have kept them from getting to the SC this year:

1st, the timing of the offence and 2nd the pursuit and physicality of the defense. Those two things have come together. Another masterful job by GQ, Ellis and Gaylor. Bearden is a good team but does not have the playmakers to make it too deep in the play-offs and their season ends friday night.

One thing is bothering me about the offence of Maryville. The center needs to stop the low snaps to QB Robinett. In almost every game this year it has become a bad habit on this years team. I think it was the very thing that may have cost MHS the victory over Alcoa and hence another un-defeated season. I counted 16 low snaps vs. FHS last game and I cannot not believe Ellis has not dealt with the problem. A low snap can cost a team a win if it occurs at the wrong time and place on the field.

Maryville moves on

MHS 38 BHS 14

Edited by FBEmeritus

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly Dobyns-Bennett would have had a better shot at Maryville. Bearden's a one man show while Maryville's a team. Maryville contains #33 tonight. Maryville by 24.

Frankly, DB didn't deserve as shot at M'ville. Too many mistakes were made to beat a team as talanted as Bearden. You make mistakes, you lose.

Best of luck to the Dawgs, but I dont see them beating the Rebs.

The Rebs will be nearly mistake free tonight, and their special teams play will be well, special.

I say M'ville 35 - Dawgs 14.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Frankly, DB didn't deserve as shot at M'ville. Too many mistakes were made to beat a team as talanted as Bearden. You make mistakes, you lose.

Best of luck to the Dawgs, but I dont see them beating the Rebs.

The Rebs will be nearly mistake free tonight, and their special teams play will be well, special.

I say M'ville 35 - Dawgs 14.

Frankly I didn't say that DB deserved a shot at Maryville. They blew it last week with the penalties - that you just can't have in playoffs. I just said that DB would have had a better shot at Maryville. Of course with the score 7-3 Bearden, I could be wrong.