Bearden vs. Maryville

B2B2B

Fellers when 'st a playur gits hert and tha Beer-Den stands goes crazy....Jist shows thay ain't got much two chear abowt....Butt tha way thay were gittin' mauled upfront eye guess ewe gotta pick yore shots.....(abowt 400 on tha ground and ovur 500 totull)

Thanksgivin' breakfast on tha way guys...Eye promise two keep mommaSTARS away frum 825 Lawrence so's ewe fellers can eat all tha Biskits and Gravy ewe want!!!!... :hungry:

Seniors really happy for you guys......One more at the Skeeter.... :thumb:

Grait win.... Men In Black....

Edited by STARSNBARS

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the your next 2 games. I am not a Maryville fan, just a fan of HS football. Maryville's program is a class act and set the BAR in Tennessee. GQ and his staff are the best coaches I have ever seen and I do not know how you guys keep them from going to the next level. I am just being honest and not trying to be a hater. I would like to see a out of state HS or a college program lure them away. It would give the rest of us a chance and fatten their wallets. I will say, before you guys moved up to 6a ball, I was the flag bearer of the "if they moved up in classification they would not as well". Well, you proved me and many others wrong. Good Luck. Bring the state title to east tn and stay injury free.

Good luck with the your next 2 games. I am not a Maryville fan, just a fan of HS football. Maryville's program is a class act and set the BAR in Tennessee. GQ and his staff are the best coaches I have ever seen and I do not know how you guys keep them from going to the next level. I am just being honest and not trying to be a hater. I would like to see a out of state HS or a college program lure them away. It would give the rest of us a chance and fatten their wallets. I will say, before you guys moved up to 6a ball, I was the flag bearer of the "if they moved up in classification they would not as well". Well, you proved me and many others wrong. Good Luck. Bring the state title to east tn and stay injury free.

Thank you for your honesty. I just do not think it will be that much different when / if they do leave. There are many young coaches that are being primed for the reigns. GO REBELS!!!!

maryville_atb_02_t607.jpg

PREVO!

Thanks for that pic Red Rebels , reminds me of what I wanted to say about our young Freshman Shawn Prevo . We all already knew this young man had a ton of talent , but I saw something last night that means even more than talent .... and that's HEART !! Prevo got rocked pretty good a few times last night , and the harder he got hit , the more fired up he got !! He ran very hard last night and just wouldn't go down . I think playing against Devrin Young just brings out the best in Prevo . Prevo's already special , but when this young man puts on some more muscle to go with his big Heart he's got already , he's going to be very , very special ! :thumb:

Been a LONG time since I've posted, but here goes nothing.

Just a few things that I saw on Friday night:

1. Shawn Prevo is 14 years old, and he played right there with Young. Give him a few years, I am going to love to see this kid play ball.

2. MHS is peaking at the right time. They hit a few bumps in the road this season, and they have pulled together strong at the perfect moment.

3.Bearden may be the most one sided team I have ever seen.

4.I was very, very, impressed with Young. His teammates were letting their emotions control them (#21 should watch the tape and be ashamed with his actions) and even throwing a punch and getting ejected(?). But nearly EVERY time Young was taken down or pushed out of bounds, he patted the defender on the head and trotted back towards his huddle. Can't wait to see him in Orange and White.

Now that I've commented on the game, I'll put a p.s:

Great to see Bladerunner's life still revolves around Maryville High School football, as it has for the past few years.

Listen, Hitchrunner, you will never have the rings that I do. Your team will never get the rings that MHS has. It's sad that you undermine the achievements of high school athletes by attempting to turn the attention on a negative rumor, which is untrue.

If you have a child, and he turns out to be a pretty good football player (doubtful with the gene pool, but anything could happen), and you want him to play for the best HS coaches in the state(nation?) and have a very good chance to win a state championship, I would move to Maryville. Consider that your son's recruitment.

Bearden fans sure have NOT come a long way in the class dept over the years. Really , cheering for a cheap shot is insane. That kid who did was playing dirty all night. I really expected more from "bearden" but I just don't know why. :popcorneater:

Oh man........tomorrow going to be great! My boss's kids go to Bearden. He talked trash all week. I finally asked if he wanted to bet lunch on the game against the Rebs! :thumb: He started the whine then said........"spot him 24 points" I said "I'd give you 14". "NO! 24" he said..............at the end of the day Friday I said...."I'll give you 21 and STILL beat ya by 10! " So, I did.......and the Rebs did!

Bearden fans sure have NOT come a long way in the class dept over the years. Really , cheering for a cheap shot is insane. That kid who did was playing dirty all night. I really expected more from "bearden" but I just don't know why. :popcorneater:

I agree with you that Bearden's fans should never, ever cheer for an injured player. That is pretty low class, but can I ask you one thing?.... The Maryville student section wasn't the most classy group of fans either. I was standing along the fence closest to their student section and some of things that I was hearing from those kids, were pretty tasteless also.

All in all, it was a great game to watch. Maryville should win the Gold Ball from what I saw on that field friday night. Very well coached and disciplined. GQ is truly a class act. I was truly impressed by Prevo. That kid is and will continue to have an outstanding career.

Congrats to the Bearden Football team. This years Senior class goes down as the all time winningest class in school history. Do not hang your heads at all. You should feel very proud of the accomplishments over the last 4 years. Best of luck to all you guys in the future. You should feel very proud of yourselves.