CPA 31 Lighthouse 0

robjim

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to thank the CPA staff for holding the score down tonight. My heart aches everytime we play those young men at Lighthouse and I admire the physical and mental toughness they possess to play 10 games a year.

You may never win a gold ball, but your a champion in my eyes and heart.

Posted by FRADad:

Want to thank the CPA staff for holding the score down tonight. My heart aches everytime we play those young men at Lighthouse and I admire the physical and mental toughness they possess to play 10 games a year.

I agree totally with you. I hope Ezell does the same next week because they work just as hard as anyone but they are just not blessed with the players in numbers that other schools have. They are only 1 mile from Ezell and im sure that makes it tough for them.

I also really admire Lighthouse, they played extremely hard last night and their fans though few were having a great time. I don't think they have won a game in 3-4 years but I trust the players still come away with memories of a lifetime.

In the invocation prayer last night at the game, it was prayed that win or lose, the most important thing was the character that is developed in these young men. Very true.

Posted by FRADad:

[Edited by OnlineLC on 10-4-02 6:04A]

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by FRADad:

I agree totally with you. I hope Ezell does the same next week because they work just as hard as anyone but they are just not blessed with the players in numbers that other schools have. They are only 1 mile from Ezell and im sure that makes it tough for them.

Quess you got your answer:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Lighthouse 0 0 7 0 0 7

Ezell-Harding 37 21 0 13 0 71

E-Antoine Owens 44 pass from Randy Schlappi (Jacob Burney kick). E-A.J. Blackburn 75 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick). E-Kyle Todd 10 interception return (Burney kick). E-Safety, quarterback sacked in end zone. E-Austin Henderson 20 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick). E-Burney 48 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick). E-Henderson 20 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick). E-Blackburn 49 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick). E-Jeremy Gettis 21 pass from Schlappi (Burney kick).

Posted by phishhead:

Maybe that is why Jeff Fisher sends his son to CPA, and not Ezell-Harding!

Phish I tell you what everyones at Ezell knows everyone in the state hates them and its GREAT, and we love it and its always been that way. We have the me against the world mentality that has worked quite well for us over the years. We are not oplogizing for beating anyone by any score. I think things could have been done differently but we really dont care. I was told they were gonna set the yardage mark for one game i believe it was 736 yards but we could never get the ball deep enough. Also, you can out these two things in the bank. Ezell will leave their starters in for atleast the first half. And We will be glad to give you a tour of our Gold and Silver Ball COllection.

BTW fisher prolly send his son to school there because they are presbytyrian you goof.

I also see why coach smith is the way he is. Heck he should have left Schlappi in and let him throw 15 tds.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-13-02 12:54A]

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by phishhead:

Phish I tell you what everyones at Ezell knows everyone in the state hates them and its GREAT, and we love it and its always been that way. We have the me against the world mentality that has worked quite well for us over the years. We are not oplogizing for beating anyone by any score. I think things could have been done differently but we really dont care. I was told they were gonna set the yardage mark for one game i believe it was 736 yards but we could never get the ball deep enough. Also, you can out these two things in the bank. Ezell will leave their starters in for atleast the first half. And We will be glad to give you a tour of our Gold and Silver Ball COllection.

BTW fisher prolly send his son to school there because they are presbytyrian you goof.

I also see why coach smith is the way he is. Heck he should have left Schlappi in and let him throw 15 tds.

"I was told they were gonna set the yardage mark for one game i believe it was 736 yards but we could never get the ball deep enough."

"I also see why coach smith is the way he is. Heck he should have left Schlappi in and let him throw 15 tds."

And you wonder why you don't get any respect. :(

Your coach, evidently, is obsessed with setting records. That is why you get criticized so much.

[Edited by Antwan on 10-13-02 8:34A]

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by phishhead:

"I was told they were gonna set the yardage mark for one game i believe it was 736 yards but we could never get the ball deep enough."

"I also see why coach smith is the way he is. Heck he should have left Schlappi in and let him throw 15 tds."

And you wonder why you don't get any respect. :(

Your coach, evidently, is obsessed with setting records. That is why you get criticized so much.

[Edited by Antwan on 10-13-02 8:34A]

You say you weren't trying to run it up? How do you not run it up if you intended to set the yardage record of over 736 yards. No wonder you are so hated. That is unbelievable. :)

Chakra,

Earlier you stated that you hoped Ezell did the same as CPA did last week. They obviously didn't. I'm not condeming Ezell, but you got upset when others did. Just because someone gets on here and trashes Ezell for the lopsided score, doesn't mean you should change how you originally felt about this game. We all knew Ezell could score as many as they wanted to. Like I said, I'm not on here to trash Ezell because I know how those games are. I know Collinwood has had these kind of games, but I know our coaches do what they can to keep the score down. We beat Mt. Pleasant last week 58-7, but our 2nd and 3rd string played most of the 3rd and all the 4th quarters. We ran the ball 98% of that time also. The clock never stopped when we had the ball and there were no hard feelings after the game. The teams met at midfield and had a prayer after the game. I still wish the score hadn't been so high, but the coaches did the best they could and still let the young kids run our offense. I feel for Lighthouse because I played on the 1st team Collinwood fielded and we took some pretty bad beatings. Chakra, I just feel if you were against running up the score before the game, you should have felt the same after the game. No trash against Ezell, just my opinion.

[Edited by vic on 10-13-02 11:32A]