Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Coach Carp is a class act. I wouldn't trade this staff for anybody. When you get this late in the season, you have to step on necks or go home. I can't believe someone would be shallow enough to think teams are just out to humiliate other teams. When you have opponents like the Creekers and Hampton on the horizon, you better be destroying every team you can to prepare.

CDHS, I agree with this post in principal.....the young players that took this whipping (if coached correctly) will use it and never forget it to push themselves to become a better team :thumb:

I agree that Carp is a class act....like him alot unless Im on the floor playing against him! :twisted: ....think the world of him and his bro/family.

Your pathetic. If you don't want to get humiliated, then build a program. You have over twice as many kids as Cloudland. The only ones who get humiliated are those who let themselves get humiliated. Enough of your bellyaching.

I don't even live in Greene County, so not much I can do to "build" a program is there?

Would find it hard to believe Cloudland was trying to humiliate someone. As much as i love to hate on them, i've met their coach before and he's a nice guy, wouldn't think of him as one to try and run it up on someone. Him and the old fellas at Hampton are both good guys, but their style of play can lead to big numbers if your not ready to defend it. Besides i remember CD putting up some pretty large numbers on smaller oppenets a couple years back when Dobner was playing for them.

Hey B&G and King, Unaka will be out for blood after Friday....do you play them at home or up the creek?

'Creeker, I want to pull for Cloudland 'cause I'd rather face them in Lander Land after a win not after a loss.......BUT in this case, if Unaka pulls the upset, then there is nothing riding on our game against Cloudland Friday......nothing but pride and knowing we're ready for post season.

OOOOOO THE DILEMMA! :huh::mrgreen:

Is a bit of a bad situation for you all to be in, if Unaka wins Cloudland has 2 loses, but then you go up against a fired up Roan Mtn team at their place before the tourny. I'm sure Hampton would rather go in to the District without giving any extra confidence to Cloudland, could get interesting.

I wasn't there but I was told what happened. I haven't seen the box scores in the JC Press and besides I don't know what class or even who is on Cloudland's team. To me, a score of 102-45 shows something way off! That's my point...but I also have an issue with CDHS for allowing this to happen. Why pull starters and leave them out like that? Do you think they could have used some more experience before their post season? None of them were starters last year on CDHS, so I would say they're quite inexperienced as well as being humiliated. I still can't see why this was good for either team...sorry, maybe I'm just not getting the point...

How would you feel if you had a son on CDHS boys team right now? That's all I'm saying...

I was there and saw every bit of the game.Our Starters sat the WHOLE 4th and half the 3rd. Whomever "told" you otherwise must have been a P.O.ed parent. What SHOULD we have done? Tell our freshman and sophs not to play hard?"Hey guys, just go out there and half butt it the rest of the game" Get real man, It's not our fault our J.V. could beat C.D.'s varsity. We did NOT press in the 4th with our starters in, you know how you can tell? The scoreboard would have said 150-39 thats how! C.D still had 2 starters (3 part of) in against our subs late in the 4th. And yeah those younger kids DEFINATLY wanted to put 100 on the board. They go out every day and get banged around by our varsity, work their tails off in practice and getting playing time in a varsity game is their reward.Read the box score in the Star,at the end of the 3rd we only had 69 points.Can't help that our j.v. 33 up in 8:00 of playing time. Hopefully the Knights will let this tick them off enough to play as HARD as they possibly can in future games to ensure they don't ever feel that way again.They had a ton of UNFORCED TURNOVERS in the 4th qtr. which led to breakaways for us.Guess we should have handed the ball back and told em "here's a do over" Sorry man,mulligans only apply in the game of golf. We took our own butt whippin this year and rest assured we won't forget. Wasn't the first and prob. won't be the last unfortunatly. Like how you phrased that last comment Not "How do the players feel(?) but How do the parents feel?" Let's me know where you got your info about our starters pressing the 4th,HUH? Maybe if our jr.high team had been there we could have put them in, oh well, guess you gotta play with what you brought. Go back to the practice court and work,work,work as Hard as you can and get better. That is all you can do. If we hurt your feelings, here is an idea, DON"T PUT US ON YOUR SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR BECAUSE SENIOR TO FRESHMAN,WE ARE GOING TO GIVE 100% OUT ON THE COURT WHETHER YOU THINK IT'S FAIR OR NOT.Oh and by the way a 2-3 zone picking up at half court is not a press.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

I was there and saw every bit of the game.Our Starters sat the WHOLE 4th and half the 3rd. Whomever "told" you otherwise must have been a P.O.ed parent. What SHOULD we have done? Tell our freshman and sophs not to play hard?"Hey guys, just go out there and half butt it the rest of the game" Get real man, It's not our fault our J.V. could beat C.D.'s varsity. We did NOT press in the 4th with our starters in, you know how you can tell? The scoreboard would have said 150-39 thats how! C.D still had 2 starters (3 part of) in against our subs late in the 4th. And yeah those younger kids DEFINATLY wanted to put 100 on the board. They go out every day and get banged around by our varsity, work their tails off in practice and getting playing time in a varsity game is their reward.Read the box score in the Star,at the end of the 3rd we only had 69 points.Can't help that our j.v. 33 up in 8:00 of playing time. Hopefully the Knights will let this tick them off enough to play as HARD as they possibly can in future games to ensure they don't ever feel that way again.They had a ton of UNFORCED TURNOVERS in the 4th qtr. which led to breakaways for us.Guess we should have handed the ball back and told em "here's a do over" Sorry man,mulligans only apply in the game of golf. We took our own butt whippin this year and rest assured we won't forget. Wasn't the first and prob. won't be the last unfortunatly. Like how you phrased that last comment Not "How do the players feel(?) but How do the parents feel?" Let's me know where you got your info about our starters pressing the 4th,HUH? Maybe if our jr.high team had been there we could have put them in, oh well, guess you gotta play with what you brought. Go back to the practice court and work,work,work as Hard as you can and get better. That is all you can do. If we hurt your feelings, here is an idea, DON"T PUT US ON YOUR SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR BECAUSE SENIOR TO FRESHMAN,WE ARE GOING TO GIVE 100% OUT ON THE COURT WHETHER YOU THINK IT'S FAIR OR NOT.Oh and by the way a 2-3 zone picking up at half court is not a press.

Great post! I think this CD fan realized he was walking into a hornets nest so he bailed. Yeah we took a butt whoopin' at Hampton and AVery this year, but our boys will always FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!! dad gum it. CD is no different than any other team that comes to Sonny Smith; they are going home with an L. Bottom line. Boys its the time of year where you better get the winning attitude.

Not narry a double negative one! :mrgreen: