Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Brought in extra bleachers on the stage and trying to find more seating, only so much you can do though. It's downright shameful that they have spent Millions to build that convict Hilton and we can't even host turney games because of seating capacity. Of course for games like this I love our gym, kinda like Cameron for the Dukies. Close,intimate,hot, and LOUD. Wonder how many deputies will be there tonight? They sent 6 to Unaka the other night but I'm betting they will be at least that # tonight. Funny to watch those guys sweatin their butts off for nothing. Seems the dogs are peaking at the right time, just hope we can give you guys a game tonight!Lookin forward to it! Closing the store at 5:00 to catch my boy in the J.V. game.(not to mention to try and get a seat before they're all gone)

Okay. now this is what I dont get....they built you all a new elem school and rightfully so. BUT they put a gym in it too small for even youth-club games!

Why not build a gym there big enough to support the High School games! That would have made sense to me....dont matter that it was attached to an elem school!!! :wacko:

The days of building gyms like Hampton's and Happy Valley's seem to have ceased.

Just got done with a $20 million elem school with a gym that you couldnt play tag in! All kinds of strange corners, fancy roof lines and funky flooring! Need to get back to the 'old school' design of school building with useable gyms!!

A LIL OFF TOPIC HUH? :mrgreen:

These boys are playing good ball right now...should be a fun night!

Hopefully the security wont be needed except to keep the youts in line :roflolk:

And Lord knows I hope we have better refs than was present at our last meeting!

Okay. now this is what I dont get....they built you all a new elem school and rightfully so. BUT they put a gym in it too small for even youth-club games!

Why not build a gym there big enough to support the High School games! That would have made sense to me....dont matter that it was attached to an elem school!!! :wacko:

The days of building gyms like Hampton's and Happy Valley's seem to have ceased.

Just got done with a $20 million elem school with a gym that you couldnt play tag in! All kinds of strange corners, fancy roof lines and funky flooring! Need to get back to the 'old school' design of school building with useable gyms!!

Hopefully the security wont be needed except to keep the youts in line :roflolk:

Our elem. gym was supposed to be as big as Hampton's but the county commishes decided we didn't need it so they took part of that $ and gave it to H.V.,Unaka and you all. Now we can't even get grades k-6 in there for an "in" school program.(not to mention a crappy tile floor that they can't even stand up on, let alone play a game)We have become used to the short end of the stick on this end of the county though.Off topic again..... Lookin forward to tonight!

I totally agree with what you say here. I wondered about that myself, but our wonderful commishioners seem bent on saving as much $ as possible, even if the extra money is truly needed. It's just like when the new elementary in Hampton was being built, the original design had six more classrooms than what wound up being built, the county commishioners said those rooms werent needed. Look what happened! Severe over-crowding and portable classrooms! I've always said the east side of Carter County was the forgotten side in county politics, and it's still true. I'm no CLoudland fan for sure, but it's shameful how the kids in Roan Mountain are being neglected by the powers that be. The Cloudland High gym is a first-rate example. In this day and age, knowing there are attendance capacities that have to be met by state rules, to let the current gym just stay the same with no upgrades is a crying shame.

I totally agree with what you say here. I wondered about that myself, but our wonderful commishioners seem bent on saving as much $ as possible, even if the extra money is truly needed. It's just like when the new elementary in Hampton was being built, the original design had six more classrooms than what wound up being built, the county commishioners said those rooms werent needed. Look what happened! Severe over-crowding and portable classrooms! I've always said the east side of Carter County was the forgotten side in county politics, and it's still true. I'm no CLoudland fan for sure, but it's shameful how the kids in Roan Mountain are being neglected by the powers that be. The Cloudland High gym is a first-rate example. In this day and age, knowing there are attendance capacities that have to be met by state rules, to let the current gym just stay the same with no upgrades is a crying shame.

With all the money the Fed-Govt is throwing around now, Id have to believe there is no good reason for not expanding our school buildings and upgrading our classrooms...and yes! good, useable gyms are a MUST for elem and high schools!

Id like to see them tear down Hampton High (leave the gym standing) and build a new building with old gym attached! Building is WAY past repairing and, in many ways, past bringing up to date to keep our kids in competition with other counties (Ex. Unicoi)....Way off topic again!

With all the money the Fed-Govt is throwing around now, Id have to believe there is no good reason for not expanding our school buildings and upgrading our classrooms...and yes! good, useable gyms are a MUST for elem and high schools!

Id like to see them tear down Hampton High (leave the gym standing) and build a new building with old gym attached! Building is WAY past repairing and, in many ways, past bringing up to date to keep our kids in competition with other counties (Ex. Unicoi)....Way off topic again!

That's not a bad idea. It would cost just as much to renovate a nearly 50-year old building as to build a new one. I think VanHuss-White Gym is a fine place to catch a game, and you're right, nobody builds good gyms like that anymore. The name of the game nowadys is cost-cutting, that's why you see so many crappy, cookie-cutter gyms at all levels of schools now.

That's not a bad idea. It would cost just as much to renovate a nearly 50-year old building as to build a new one. I think VanHuss-White Gym is a fine place to catch a game, and you're right, nobody builds good gyms like that anymore. The name of the game nowadys is cost-cutting, that's why you see so many crappy, cookie-cutter gyms at all levels of schools now.

Ill tell ya the name of the game now-a-days....its called "ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS"!

NO money is spared for needless arches, raidius shell designs and radical roof appearance....thats where 100's of thousands of $ go on alot of these new projects...Ill take a ole rectangular building with all the latest high tech equip and a large gym facility anytime for 100's of thousands of dollars less than what alot of these new schools are spending for a building with NO gym!

10-1/2 hours and THE DOGS be balling at Lander Land!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Congratulations to both Hampton Girls and Boys Basketball teams on their wins tonight! Conference Champs! Now get ready for the post season. Great Job! Also, congrats to both Cloudland teams. You guys have nothing to hang your heads about. Class programs. 110% effort given. Good luck in the post season.

Any win at Cloudland is a BIG win at any time!

Congrats DOGS!

Foul trouble plagued us from the beginning...took our PG out with 4 quick fouls and with that, lil floor control.....but there at the end though!

Refs horrible both ways, Dang good game...hard fought as usual

Edited by uknoit2

Any win at Cloudland is a BIG win at any time!

Congrats DOGS!

Foul trouble plagued us from the beginning...took our PG out with 4 quick fouls and with that, lil floor control.....but there at the end though!

Refs horrible both ways, Dang good game...hard fought as usual

Really good games to watch. Hate we came out on the short end of both but extremely fun games to watch. Congrats to the dogs, You guys(and gals) deserved it. Thought we did too but thats the way the ball rolls. I hope we see youall in the turney. Those Refs should be ashamed. I think they need to remember they are there to enforce the rules not control the game. Lookin forward to the turney.Again, great games to watch tonight. Uknoit, If you guys don't play tue., come on back up and watch us vs Unicoi. I'm always parked on the stage. Oh, and fellas they just might build a new school there but that's when they combine Cloudland and Hampton and we become Carter South or some other county named school.(to save money of course) Just glad my kids will be out by then.

Really good games to watch. Hate we came out on the short end of both but extremely fun games to watch. Congrats to the dogs, You guys(and gals) deserved it. Thought we did too but thats the way the ball rolls. I hope we see youall in the turney. Those Refs should be ashamed. I think they need to remember they are there to enforce the rules not control the game. Lookin forward to the turney.Again, great games to watch tonight. Uknoit, If you guys don't play tue., come on back up and watch us vs Unicoi. I'm always parked on the stage. Oh, and fellas they just might build a new school there but that's when they combine Cloudland and Hampton and we become Carter South or some other county named school.(to save money of course) Just glad my kids will be out by then.

LOL!!!! Carter South LOL!......B&G, your kid has loads of talent!

It was a fun game to watch and had a blast being the only DOG amongst you all...tell that bunch I said it was nice to meet them.

Not sure about next week, but if we can get there, ill see ya on the stage

uknoit, I'm glad all those seniors will be gone. Not even the state champions of 2004 could win in our gym. You guys may very well win it all in the state. Im sorry I missed out on all the political talk the last couple days. The county knows how I feel about their neglect of our community. I'll leave it at that.

uknoit, I'm glad all those seniors will be gone. Not even the state champions of 2004 could win in our gym. You guys may very well win it all in the state. Im sorry I missed out on all the political talk the last couple days. The county knows how I feel about their neglect of our community. I'll leave it at that.

Dang Landers played scrappy!!!!

Yea we won, but we're just not the same team with Jones on the bench.

He draws every call and ends up riding the bench every time up there!!!

I dont care what caliber team you may have, to go up there and click as a team and play your game is about impossible....and it WAS last night. Cudos to ur fans! See ya at the tourney