Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

Well I hope I did not over step out of my bounds,but I talked to a friend that I graduated with me in 81.His name is Mitch Love.He went to appy state on scholarship and played for them.He started on their Defensive line in the early eighties.I told him about your son and since he is an alumni he said he would check on him from time to time.Give him some encouragement and someone to talk to if you dont mind.He is a fine fellow and his family has been a big part of Alcoa for many years.He is also on facebook,so you might want to look him up.All his brothers wore the Maroon and gray.He still lives in North Carolina and attends games.I will be happy to do some intro if your son likes.Anything I can do to help just say the word.Oh thanks for your service sir.

I will cosign-Mitch is a great guy :thumb: I played with three of the Love boys including Mitch-knew momma and papa too can't say too much about this fine family. Hey Twister, you graduated with my sister :)

My good friend, Clint Abbott, took the time to figure out what class Alcoa would be in if we had the same multiplier as the private schools, so I'm not going to figure it out because he's a really smart man and I believe him. Answer: 3A for the playoffs

Abbott said it, so it's a PHACT.

I don't know why it is so difficult for people to realize that Alcoa is already playing up :popcorneater:

What if somebody agreed to give a family cash under the table so they can pay the tuition themselves. Does the TSSAA investigate a families personal finances to see if they can afford to send a kid to a private school? I have heard that this has happened at other schools, not CAK of course.

I could see that as a way of getting around the rule, without getting caught. My guess is someone could raise such an offense to the TSSAA, but I'm not sure the TSSAA has the power to really investigate it? Maybe some of the CAK lawyers could help me out on this one.

Interesting......you must have heard the samething I heard?

...........AND like CAK does to Fulton, and all those other Knoxville Schools! :thumb:

I like how that "finacial aid" thing works for you private schools.

That's slick! :ph34r:

Here is a run down of CAK's starters and where they would go to school:

Hardin Valley, Farragut and Bearden(Knox Co)-- all but three starters.

Stone-1 -I think, might be a smaller school closer--part time starter

Blount Co-1--not sure which school district--

Powell(Knox Co)-1

Enrollment 415 in HS, give or take a few I believe

Tuition--about $8,000

Admissions process self selects a lot of folks

Hard to argue that open zoning should have a multiplier too--but as has been pointed out, doesn't look like that would make a difference with where Alcoa would play. Haven't done the math myself but will trust the Alcoa math.

scots50 we are happy for Derek and your family...And gettin' two Boone ain't near as far....One of the best things I've ever watched on SS was the story of Appy State football and them going to Michigan and shocking the college fotball world......Again congrats... :thumb:

Thanks my friend. He(we)are very blessed. Although it is sad to see his HS career draw to a close, it is just as exciting to see him have the chance to play at a very special place! We really appreciate all the shout outs from the Maryville Rebel football family. Go get that 6A Gold ball!

How do you tell if it is the kid or old man? His old man has admited to using his account. I teach my sons one very important lesson...when you cross the line into the land of adults, you better be ready to accept the results because you cannot go running back to kid land when it gets too hot to handle. The same applies here. :thumb:

No, it was the player not the old man. I only used his once when I was still sitting at home realizing his HS career is over. He had a great run and I'm proud of him (and his posts).

I will cosign-Mitch is a great guy :thumb: I played with three of the Love boys including Mitch-knew momma and papa too can't say too much about this fine family. Hey Twister, you graduated with my sister :)

Can you give me a hint on who your sister is?If not it will drive me crazy trying to figure it out.It cant be to hard cause as you know everyone knew each other at alcoa at that time.Freshman thru senior.It was hard to keep a secret at that shool.

Edited by MrTwister