Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

I was one of those. I meant what I said to the young men I spoke to down near the endzone tonight. I appreciate their effort, their class, and their tallent! I do believe that they should be meeting us in Cookeville next week. By no fault of their own (TSSAA) it could have been a great matchup. I am not taking anything away from next weeks competition, but I have not seen the team we are going to play, but I have seen CAK twice and I am impressed! Great program with great heart! Good luck in the future, just not against us, lol.

I appreciated your encouragement, sir. I was suprised at how many people came up to me and my friend as we were watching the game, even one or two on the coaching staff, giving us all kinds of compliments. It really means alot, that even though we'll never play again, me and my friends left an impression on everyone that watched us play. The Alcoa fans I ran into last night all had alot of class. Have fun watching the game next week in Cookeville.

I appreciated your encouragement, sir. I was suprised at how many people came up to me and my friend as we were watching the game, even one or two on the coaching staff, giving us all kinds of compliments. It really means alot, that even though we'll never play again, me and my friends left an impression on everyone that watched us play. The Alcoa fans I ran into last night all had alot of class. Have fun watching the game next week in Cookeville.

Good stuff #11! :thumb:

I have to agree with what GoddardField, bigtornado, and Deion24 are saying..

I've been a poster on here for 8 years or so and during that span I've always been fairly active on CoachT. But, over the past couple of years almost everytime I read an Alcoa thread I see a lot of Alcoa fans I presume to be grown men degrading most of the teams we play, posting borderline stupid pictures (ALL THE TIME), or just basically finding anything to get an argument with anyone over, especially if another team, heaven forbid, has confidence in their team playing us close or beating us. It's getting ridiculous, there's just so much childish behavior that goes on in here, when really this forum is meant for talking football and competitive, but respective, banter...at least I'm sure that's what our good friend CoachT himself would like to see.

With that being said, I expect us to get tested early on but I think we'll be too much for Goodpasture too handle, and we'll end up wearing them down in the latter stages of the game. It's just hard for a team to take 4 quarters of pounding from Taharin and Darrell, doesn't matter what team you have.

Alcoa 42

Goodpasture 21

I have to agree with what GoddardField, bigtornado, and Deion24 are saying..

I've been a poster on here for 8 years or so and during that span I've always been fairly active on CoachT. But, over the past couple of years almost everytime I read an Alcoa thread I see a lot of Alcoa fans I presume to be grown men degrading most of the teams we play, posting borderline stupid pictures (ALL THE TIME), or just basically finding anything to get an argument with anyone over, especially if another team, heaven forbid, has confidence in their team playing us close or beating us. It's getting ridiculous, there's just so much childish behavior that goes on in here, when really this forum is meant for talking football and competitive, but respective, banter...at least I'm sure that's what our good friend CoachT himself would like to see.

With that being said, I expect us to get tested early on but I think we'll be too much for Goodpasture too handle, and we'll end up wearing them down in the latter stages of the game. It's just hard for a team to take 4 quarters of pounding from Taharin and Darrell, doesn't matter what team you have.

Alcoa 42

Goodpasture 21

I enjoy/encourage a little friendly trash talk/banter between two schools. I think it makes things much more fun. I even find APBs pictures funny and often find myself sending them to friends. What really bugs me, especially on here, is the holier than thou fans that feel their school/team can do absolutely no wrong. Yes Ive been a fan of Alcoa for 20+ years. Yes Alcoa has been absolutely raping 2A and 3A the past 7 years but I also can look at my team and tell we're not perfect. We have weaknesses. Now those weaknesses might not be enough to cost us a state championship but they're there. Just like what started this 4 page rant fest, a fellow Alcoa fan accusing Elizabethton of something that Alcoa has done numerous years. Not that what Alcoa or Elizabethton did was wrong but think for a minute before you post something like that. Now let's all just head on to Cookeville and enjoy another Alcoa win over Goodpasture. APB wont be the only Tornado hunting a Cougar this Friday! :thumb:

Absolute garabage. Every point was scored against the 2s and 3s. Those are all mercy points and it is absolutely nuts that you present them as quality scores and example of kids not quiting. The Betsy kids quit in the first half.

It was amazing that the Betsy kept their first unit in against our sophmores and freshman. Coach Rankin gave you a break. I am sure all that know anything about this game would agree that Alcoa could have hung 90 points on the board tonight if Rankin had not called off the dogs in the second quarter.

This is exactly why Betsy will always be a second or third tier program. Alcoa invested in the future tonight while Betsy tried to salavage pride at the expense of freshman and sophmores and made no investment in its future. Alcoa's 2s and 3s got better tonight. Betsy salvaged nothing from this dog stomping.

I don't believe Betsy was trying to salvage anything as much giving the 17 seniors who led this team a chance to finish out their careers on the field. They earned that right.

More Doug Fritz hilarity...

By Douglas Fritz

Press Sports Writer

dfritz@johnsoncitypress.com

Elizabethton ran into a stone wall in its fifth attempt at reaching the state football championship game.

However, head coach Shawn Witten is in the process of building a very firm foundation for the program. And when Alcoa falters — “when†and not “if†— Witten is hoping to have the Cyclones ready to strike.

In Friday’s Class 3A semifinal contest, the Cyclones made four or five giant mistakes and Alcoa punished them soundly for each one of them, eventually winning 55-20. The bad news is Elizabethton was probably two or three touchdowns below the Tornadoes’ level even with a well-played game.

I know the pickens are slim in your area for football articles this time of year for NET, but "C'mon MAN!"

This was probably the biggest Alcoa semifinal mismatch since, well, last year.

I will concede that Betsy EARNED their way in to the semi's, no problem there but, to even suggest that E-town would have been endowed to the finals if there was no F5 is simply ludicrous.

This is two jabs in two days at Alcoa from you and I just want to know where it is coming from.

I know that we did not have that much food in the press box last week, but Marcus Fitzsimmons and Jesse Smithey had no complaints.

It is either that or you did not have any outlets to plug your laptop in to warrant this tirade. Either way CAK who already beat the Cyclone rather easily, Loudon or geez, even Kingston would have given Betsy all they wanted and then some.

Enjoy riding Greeneville's coat tails to Cookeville, Mr. Fritz. Maybe one day an actual Tri-Cities team will make it to the 'Ship.

Also, the section that is in bold type is not acceptable in the AP style handbook.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

More Doug Fritz hilarity...

I know the pickens are slim in your area for football articles this time of year for NET, but "C'mon MAN!"

This was probably the biggest Alcoa semifinal mismatch since, well, last year.

I will concede that Betsy EARNED their way in to the semi's, no problem there but, to even suggest that E-town would have been endowed to the finals if there was no F5 is simply ludicrous.

This is two jabs in two days at Alcoa from you and I just want to know where it is coming from.

I know that we did not have that much food in the press box last week, but Marcus Fitzsimmons and Jesse Smithey had no complaints.

It is either that or you did not have any outlets to plug your laptop in to warrant this tirade. Either way CAK who already beat the Cyclone rather easily, Loudon or geez, even Kingston would have given Betsy all they wanted and then some.

Enjoy riding Greeneville's coat tails to Cookeville, Mr. Fritz. Maybe one day an actual Tri-Cities team will make it to the 'Ship.

Also, the section that is in bold type is not acceptable in the AP style handbook.

Sad.