Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

Well I hope I did not over step out of my bounds,but I talked to a friend that I graduated with me in 81.His name is Mitch Love.He went to appy state on scholarship and played for them.He started on their Defensive line in the early eighties.I told him about your son and since he is an alumni he said he would check on him from time to time.Give him some encouragement and someone to talk to if you dont mind.He is a fine fellow and his family has been a big part of Alcoa for many years.He is also on facebook,so you might want to look him up.All his brothers wore the Maroon and gray.He still lives in North Carolina and attends games.I will be happy to do some intro if your son likes.Anything I can do to help just say the word.Oh thanks for your service sir.

Thanks a million. I know the Love family very well. Grew up about 2 miles from their house. We played football in their neighbor's front yard many a Sunday afternoon. Thanks for your help! He will need all the help he can get once he gets started.

My good friend, Clint Abbott, took the time to figure out what class Alcoa would be in if we had the same multiplier as the private schools, so I'm not going to figure it out because he's a really smart man and I believe him. Answer: 3A for the playoffs

Abbott said it, so it's a PHACT.

Yep, that is fact. Applying the same multiplier does not fix the problem for CAK. Sorry GVK.

He has committed to App State and ceased all other planned visits (Navy and Army). I believe he has found the place he wants to be. Signing will be in Feb if I am not mistaken. He will dang near be neighbors with these fine E-Town folks in June!

scots50 we are happy for Derek and your family...And gettin' two Boone ain't near as far....One of the best things I've ever watched on SS was the story of Appy State football and them going to Michigan and shocking the college fotball world......Again congrats... :thumb:

...........AND like CAK does to Fulton, and all those other Knoxville Schools! :thumb:

I like how that "finacial aid" thing works for you private schools.

That's slick! :ph34r:

I hope you're being your usual self BC and trying to make a joke. The "financial aid" thing works like this:

If you recieve ANY financial aid from the school, you are automatically disqualified from playing any sports whatsoever. even if you just havnt paid the tution, and arent getting paid by the school, you just arent paying the tuition at all, then you are disqualified. I know, because its happened to two of my friends.

Edited by Warriors011

I hope you're being your usual self BC and trying to make a joke. The "financial aid" thing works like this:

If you recieve ANY financial aid from the school, you are automatically disqualified from playing any sports whatsoever. even if you just havnt paid the tution, and arent getting paid by the school, you just arent paying the tuition at all, then you are disqualified. I know, because its happened to two of my friends.

What if somebody agreed to give a family cash under the table so they can pay the tuition themselves. Does the TSSAA investigate a families personal finances to see if they can afford to send a kid to a private school? I have heard that this has happened at other schools, not CAK of course.

I could see that as a way of getting around the rule, without getting caught. My guess is someone could raise such an offense to the TSSAA, but I'm not sure the TSSAA has the power to really investigate it? Maybe some of the CAK lawyers could help me out on this one.

• Upvote 1

Answer: A multiplier. I'm trying to stay out of this discussion until after the season but you guys don't make it easy. If you are going to ask the question, then be prepared for the answer. The last 3 sentences here are spot on. No difference except a multiplier. And that is a Phact.

What's CAK's actual enrollment?