Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

Hate to disagree with you, but we actually are not playing up. Or, if we're playing up, there are 3 other teams who are playing up with us: South Greene, Oakhaven, & Bledsoe County. According to the stats that were used for the new classification, Alcoa is the 4th smallest school (Thus proving my point) in 3A while Betsy is the 4th largest.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

The purpose of the comment was to point to the fact that most schools that play Alcoa are larger schools <_<

I have enjoyed reading this thread! Nothing like a lil smack talk to get things going in the right direction.....

I do believe Alcoa to be the better team, but just a reminder......

S Carolina over Alabama, Wisconsin over Ohio State, App State over Mich '07.

It's why we play the game....anyone can loose on any given Friday!

Im sure both teams are prepared and hope they have an injury free game.

This ole H-Town BULLDOG will pull for EHS in this one! But if you win, EHS, dont be too overbearing about it! :roflolk:

As for EHS taking any of our football players at Hampton, none come to mind! Although, we have had and do have a couple that came from EHS! Just saying! :thumb:

As for the smack talk about Greenville......To quote them, "BRING IT" :hungry:

I have enjoyed reading this thread! Nothing like a lil smack talk to get things going in the right direction.....

This ole H-Town BULLDOG will pull for EHS in this one! But if you win, EHS, dont be too overbearing about it! :roflolk:

As for EHS taking any of our football players at Hampton, none come to mind! Although, we have had and do have a couple that came from EHS! Just saying! :thumb:

I think this game will be alot like the UTC vs Auburn game this year. UTC is having a good year but just not on the level of the major colleges, just like betsy is having a good year but def not up to alcoa standards. prediction

Alcoa 49

Betsy 7

Ditto

I'm still exhausted from this whirlwind of a season and not ready just yet to put back on the gloves for another round with the Open Zone, D1, multiplier debate with many of my friends from Blount County. But I'll just ditto the above highlighted statements and leave it at that. I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving. :thumb: I'll be making a special effort to get back from W.KY on Friday to watch the Tornadoes and Cyclones. I'll have to wear my CAK colors but I'll be sitting on the concrete side this week.

I think this game will be alot like the UTC vs Auburn game this year. UTC is having a good year but just not on the level of the major colleges, just like betsy is having a good year but def not up to alcoa standards. prediction

Alcoa 49

Betsy 7

Not going to disagree....just possible that Alcoa mite end up pulling a 'Bama outting this Friday....always possible!

It's funny that the other two Blount County teams were 3-7 and 3-7, Alcoa and Maryville can't say they don't pull from those schools.

It's funny that the other two Blount County teams were 3-7 and 3-7, Alcoa and Maryville can't say they don't pull from those schools.

Anybody that claimed that Alcoa or Maryville does not pull from the other schools was not telling the truth. We have several on the Alcoa team. We have also had several transfer back out the the County schools as they could not make it academically or they were never going to see the field.

I cannot stop without addressing the grossly incorrect comment about recruiting inner city Knoxville athletes. This drival was the most henious comment I have read yet. We all now what the writer meant. We have no inner city Knoxville athletes. Alcoa has a vibrant African American community that serves as the sole source for our outstanding athletes. Moreover, I strongly believe (I am white so read this carefully) this community is the heart and sole of everything that is right with the Alcoa community and School System. The blending of diversity among these young men, our families, and fans is special and should serve as a role model for all communities still living in the past.

It's obvious the Cyclones are underdogs in this one. Alcoa has an awesomely rich tradition and, no doubt, an excellent team again this year. But, that's why we play the games - to see who wins. The best team doesn't always win - just the best on a particular day. Regardless, GO CYCLONES! Shock the world and beat Alcoa...

EHS Cyclones...don't doubt for a second that you deserve to be where you are! You've earned the right to be in the semi's....Yes you are one of the top 4 3-A schools in the state!! Good luck and Play hard! Gooooo Cyclones!!

One of those 3-7 schools has gone to the NET on several occasions and beaten the NET's best. If they were in the "Big 8" they would probably have a better record. They play in one of the states toughest districts in 6A. :thumb:

Anybody that claimed that Alcoa or Maryville does not pull from the other schools was not telling the truth. We have several on the Alcoa team. We have also had several transfer back out the the County schools as they could not make it academically or they were never going to see the field.

I cannot stop without addressing the grossly incorrect comment about recruiting inner city Knoxville athletes. This drival was the most henious comment I have read yet. We all now what the writer meant. We have no inner city Knoxville athletes. Alcoa has a vibrant African American community that serves as the sole source for our outstanding athletes. Moreover, I strongly believe (I am white so read this carefully) this community is the heart and sole of everything that is right with the Alcoa community and School System. The blending of diversity among these young men, our families, and fans is special and should serve as a role model for all communities still living in the past.

Scots I (an African American man) stand with you as a brother. I read cp's post, but felt it not worthy of my response, especially since I could sense the intent of his comment (for shame, and in 2010 no less). I am proud of the diversity of the community and school (which includes Hispanics, Asians, Africans, etc.) I love the Hall/Oldfield and Spring Brook communities. The truth is- that is where the real talent pool springs from :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72