Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

Great burgers at TC's, Mr. Abbott! No problem picking you up.........it would not be a complete crew without ya. :hungry:

Would love to join the crew but have the in-laws Thanksgiving feast on Friday. Loved seeing and meeting everyone officially at BOH last week. Even Oldhick, lol. Hope lunch finishes early enough to make it to the beat down later. Brother-in-law facing same situation as a Rebel fan! Ouch I'm actually related to one. Oh wait, I forgot I married a Reb, but our daughter is Tornadoe through and through!

Guess what? We did not even have to recruit her (my daughter). My wife (the Reb Grad) wanted her to go to Alcoa. Wait! She is tall and very athletic! She has already played up with the golf team! Had a birdie already. Very competitive. Wants to play football, but the wife is afraid she will get hurt, I'm worried the boys will get hurt. We must have conspired to get this girl (blessed by God) to go to Alcoa. She loves it, and we love the diversity our daughter gets, along with a great education! She will probably be a name others will talk about in future years on this site. I only hope that she plays with the passion and dedication that our young men play with each and every week, whatever sport(s) she chooses. And CLASS. By the way did I mention she'll top 6 foot and is gorgeous! You will have to wait awhile she is only in the 4th grade.

Guess what? We did not even have to recruit her (my daughter). My wife (the Reb Grad) wanted her to go to Alcoa. Wait! She is tall and very athletic! She has already played up with the golf team! Had a birdie already. Very competitive. Wants to play football, but the wife is afraid she will get hurt, I'm worried the boys will get hurt. We must have conspired to get this girl (blessed by God) to go to Alcoa. She loves it, and we love the diversity our daughter gets, along with a great education! She will probably be a name others will talk about in future years on this site. I only hope that she plays with the passion and dedication that our young men play with each and every week, whatever sport(s) she chooses. And CLASS. By the way did I mention she'll top 6 foot and is gorgeous! You will have to wait awhile she is only in the 4th grade.

Wow you gotta love that. Tell your wife will we give her a pass. :roflol:

After going to Betsy last year and seeing the Tornadoes dominate. I just hope we don't get to confident. Betsy will bring their A game and sometimes we get a little complacent. However this is the last home game for this GREAT senior class. So I expect this to be a very focused group of Tornadoes. TORNADO PRIDE BABY! :flower:

On another note last year I talked to some Betsy fans and they said last years crowd was the biggest they had ever seen at that game. Will Betsy bring a big following to ALCOA?

yeah man, elizabethton travels really well. In most cases our fans have outnumbered the home teams fans. That won't happen in Alcoa but we'll still bring a big crowd so your gate should be pretty nice Friday :D

EHS is the big underdog but no one can be perfect forever. Do I think EHS will win friday? Not really, but stranger things have happened.

Alcoa: 52

EHS: 14

Nice article in the johnsoncitypress.com about one of Betsy's key players. I will refer everyone to the article as it will help settle the debate on whether Betsy benefits from getting transfers from other Carter County Schools. Just follow the Sports Link on the newspaper site. Proof is in the pudding........

That article did not mention that Lukes father is one of the all-time leading rushers for Elizabethton and went on to star in college and that his little brother was already playing and had always played at Elizabethton. Edited by CyclonePrider

That article did not mention that Lukes father is one of the all-time leading rushers for Elizabethton and went on to star in college and that his little brother was already playing and had always played at Elizabethton.

He's a good kid. Saw him play against Science Hill. Plays hard and is going to be really good with another year of maturity. You all be careful traveling to Alcoa. I'm going to miss it as I have a family function in Butler of all places!!!! Kind of funny.

Edited by Tornado89

I've got to say it before somebody else does, so here goes. Did they recruit his father too? Ok, I said it. Is the kicker Hardin from Stoney Creek too? I'm related to some Hardin's up that way.

Red Rebel I don't know where she's from but I can tell you she is one of the best athletes in the Tri Cities period regardless of gender. The folks from Betsy can elaborate better than me but she is a heck of an athlete!

Hardin is actually a pretty common name in Elizabethton but she lives in the city from what I have heard. As an athlete she is one of the best in the state. State athlete in cross country, top soccer player, potential all state basketball as well and only an underclassman so she's got a lot of upside.

Our FB is from stoney creek though. I have a friend that plays basketball with him. He told me that the kid chose to go to EHS because he would have a better chance at getting a scholarship

Edited by EHSTrack06