Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

I agree 100%. This BS about D-B needing to strengthen their schedule to succeed in the playoffs is just that...........BS. Greeneville played a mess of cupcakes this year and won the state. You have to have the horses. But, you are correct, even though I think it's admirable of the Devils to play Alcoa, it will be a beat down. And you will NEVER see D-B schedule Alcoa. Maryville is the only 6A team with the balls to do so.

Hey look who it is......VolmanScott. Back from the ashes.

Actually you are 100% WRONG!

anybody with half a brain knows that you have to play a few teams that will at least test you during the season. Clark schedualed Farragut and Clinton with this in mind. What he didn't know was that their talent level would go south. Farragut should be better next year but I don't think Clinton will be. Every team has weakness somewhere. You have to play a few good teams during the year to find out where that weakness is and correct it before the playoffs come. Greenville is not a very good example to use. Even though they had a very good team and probably would of won 4A anyway, the 4A playoffs was as weak as Greenvilles regular season. They had cupcakes from start to finish. I don't know why you think DB would not schedule Alcoa.

I agree 100%. This BS about D-B needing to strengthen their schedule to succeed in the playoffs is just that...........BS. Greeneville played a mess of cupcakes this year and won the state. You have to have the horses. But, you are correct, even though I think it's admirable of the Devils to play Alcoa, it will be a beat down. And you will NEVER see D-B schedule Alcoa. Maryville is the only 6A team with the balls to do so.

I think you are really wrong on this. Strength of schedule is a must. D-B starts out strong and as the year turns it weakens dramaticly, which hurts come playoff time.

I hadn't said anything because I was hearing he may be coming back to Kingsport but wearing a different color,Black and Gold.

I'd hate for him to come back to Kingsport and end up going to North. With as much potential as this kid has, coming to DB would be a great fit for us. Him and Swafford in the same backfield would be something to see.

I hope it ends up that way.We should have a fine team next year and to add him and a couple more would be very nice.We need some more guys to step up on the offensive line as well.There is no reason that any local team besides SH should ever out size us.Speed kills,but speed and size could take you a little father in the end.We should be set on the defensive line and will have some good linebackers.

I agree, I think we should have a fine team next year. Really anxious to see how Cook does, has a big arm. If we do the same triple option offense next year we will need some linemen to step up and get after it, losing 4 starters from last years. Hopefully this team will get better as the season goes along and we can make a run in the playoffs.

I agree, I think we should have a fine team next year. Really anxious to see how Cook does, has a big arm. If we do the same triple option offense next year we will need some linemen to step up and get after it, losing 4 starters from last years. Hopefully this team will get better as the season goes along and we can make a run in the playoffs.

Theres no reason why we shouldn't run the same offense. We will have the athletes to do it. "IF" our offensive line works hard during the off season we will have a better line next year than we had this year. They have the potentual to be great. Nobody respected the pass this year and Seabolt made them pay a few times. They will have to respect the pass next year or Cook will make them pay ALOT. We're going to have a set of KILLER linebackers and the D-line should be good (they need to hit the weights hard in off season) Swafford and Barger in the backfield will be awsome. Add Forman to that mix and hopefully Patrick. All four could alternate at receiver on any play. The kicking game and defensive backfield worries me. And I don't even care about the playoffs anymore. Lets just try to go 10-0 and be happy.

Im not sure how this turned into a comparison of Morgan and Clark but I'll go ahead and take the bait. I can only think of two teams that Morgan has beat that he shouldn't have Knox West last year and Bearden the year before. As for Clark Im pretty sure he has won a bunch that he wasn't supposed to. MBA, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co. Jefferson Co. last year at South the whole Tri-Cities turned out to watch us get destroyed by the Rebels and what happened? Yeah. we couldn't beat a pee-wee team in the playoffs but Clark is hard to beat in regular season no matter who he's playing. I never said Morgan was a bad coach. He's just not a coach that will ever produce a powerhouse type team or ever win a game in the state tourny. If you want to compair football and basketball compair going to a DB basketball game against a DB football game. That will answer all your questions.

Waco,

I guess I should have said 'recently'.

are you saying that Clark's best win in recent years is a win over South a couple of years ago? Really? South?

OR hasn't been great in a few years - I wouldn't consider any recent wins against them as being unexpected. As a matter of fact, they fired their last coach. The only time I remember us really 'upsetting' them was when they had Bohannon at TB and the guy that went to Florida at WR. Can't remember his name. Gaddis was coaching them then. They took a turn for the worse after he left.

How long ago was it that we beat MBA? A great win for sure, but that was about 10 years ago?

Most of the teams that are favored to beat DB have killed us. Maryville and Farragut in recent years. Add that to losing to several teams that we should have beaten in the playoffs.

Cannon is very impressive, as is Seabolt. Both had very good games.

Overall the TN team was WAY better than the VA squad.

The Greeneville boys showed why they won the state. Carmichael was very impressive, but the Story kid might be the best of the 3 (Carmichael, Spradlin, & Story).

As a topper fan, glad to see Cannon and Seabolt gone.

Hope SHHS can bring back the rivalry next year.