Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

Having been a coach for three decades (yes,I said it again), I continue to be amazed at the stupidity exhibited on these boards. Gaddis and his staff turned this program around. They went from nothing to one of the state's best. Counce has been here before and did a great job (yes, I said GREAT even though no gold ball). He is back again and had a very good season last year, with most of the starters returning next season. My point is this...what is to be gained by comparing the two? We are fortunate to have had Gaddis, and we are fortunate to have Counce. It's hard to win it all, and I do NOT believe that a coach can only be considered great if his team wins the state championship. That logic is sheer stupidity! This is high school football. You play with the players who attend your school. Alcoa wins the title nearly every year. They have a good coach but have you seen their players? Coaching is important, but has little to do with who attends your school. All of this said, Counce may be a GREAT coach even though he hasn't won a state title. Gaddis may be a GREAT coach, but not because he has won a state title. Comparing the two is just plain STUPID...let's be thankful for both of them.

Glad to see you and I are finally on the same page. This is what I was trying to say also. You did a better job of saying though :thumb: Only an idiot would say that the only way a coach can be great is by winning a gold ball. You said it all perfectly.

Having been a coach for three decades (yes,I said it again), I continue to be amazed at the stupidity exhibited on these boards. Gaddis and his staff turned this program around. They went from nothing to one of the state's best. Counce has been here before and did a great job (yes, I said GREAT even though no gold ball). He is back again and had a very good season last year, with most of the starters returning next season. My point is this...what is to be gained by comparing the two? We are fortunate to have had Gaddis, and we are fortunate to have Counce. It's hard to win it all, and I do NOT believe that a coach can only be considered great if his team wins the state championship. That logic is sheer stupidity! This is high school football. You play with the players who attend your school. Alcoa wins the title nearly every year. They have a good coach but have you seen their players? Coaching is important, but has little to do with who attends your school. All of this said, Counce may be a GREAT coach even though he hasn't won a state title. Gaddis may be a GREAT coach, but not because he has won a state title. Comparing the two is just plain STUPID...let's be thankful for both of them.

I continue to be amazed that you continue to be amazed at the amount of stupidity you run across on a free internet message board on which anyone can post.

But in response to the rest of your post, I agree completely. Henry County has been very lucky to have two men such as Gaddis and Counce guide this program. Counce has absolutely nothing to prove to me, nor SHOULD he have to anyone else, but that's just not how it works. I agree completely that it doesn't take a gold ball to make you a great coach. heck, some of the best coaches out there have never won a state championship and never will. But like I said earlier, fan bases will always find somewhere to point the finger whenever the trophy is not won.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Henrylanders can find more to argue about than anyone in the state! This YANKER is amazed at the level of foolishness that comes from this thread! Team Mom lives on...apparently under several different names! "Goldballgate"..."Gaddisgate"..."Councegate"...when will it end????? I AM THE "AMAZED AND CONFUSED BY THIS" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henrylanders can find more to argue about than anyone in the state! This YANKER is amazed at the level of foolishness that comes from this thread! Team Mom lives on...apparently under several different names! "Goldballgate"..."Gaddisgate"..."Councegate"...when will it end????? I AM THE "AMAZED AND CONFUSED BY THIS" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanker, it has been a long cold snowy Winter up here in HenryLand. We can all get a little cabin fever after awhile. Nothing that a little Spring Practice won't cure!!!

Yanker, it has been a long cold snowy Winter up here in HenryLand. We can all get a little cabin fever after awhile. Nothing that a little Spring Practice won't cure!!!

It is good to hear from you my "Winged Wonder" of a friend...Henrylanders need no excuse to argue incoherently...remember...this is the land of "Team Mom" and the "anti-one"...so "snowforing-Winterful-feverish cabination" makes no difference...it is the faulty and misguided influence of Team Mom and the anti-one...THIS YANKER HAS SPOKEN...I AM THIS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is good to hear from you my "Winged Wonder" of a friend...Henrylanders need no excuse to argue incoherently...remember...this is the land of "Team Mom" and the "anti-one"...so "snowforing-Winterful-feverish cabination" makes no difference...it is the faulty and misguided influence of Team Mom and the anti-one...THIS YANKER HAS SPOKEN...I AM THIS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey YANKER, it's good to hear from ya during the off season. Just what is your predction for the BIG RED this fall? Enquiring minds want to know what the great one thinks !!!

Hey YANKER, it's good to hear from ya during the off season. Just what is your predction for the BIG RED this fall? Enquiring minds want to know what the great one thinks !!!

With the number of returning starters this YANKER understands HC has returning...this could be the Year of the Patriots!!!!! The biggest obstacle facing HC...is HC itself!!!! Team Mom and the anti-prophet will cause internal dissension that could derail the program. HC should not lose (especially since JCM is not on the schedule!). Henrylanders argue among themselves more than anyone the YANKER has ever seen. The team should be tough to beat...but leave it to Team Mom and the anti-prophet to mess up a good thing. It SHOULD be the Year of the Patriots...it WILL be the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!! I AM THE YANKER...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the number of returning starters this YANKER understands HC has returning...this could be the Year of the Patriots!!!!! The biggest obstacle facing HC...is HC itself!!!! Team Mom and the anti-prophet will cause internal dissension that could derail the program. HC should not lose (especially since JCM is not on the schedule!). Henrylanders argue among themselves more than anyone the YANKER has ever seen. The team should be tough to beat...but leave it to Team Mom and the anti-prophet to mess up a good thing. It SHOULD be the Year of the Patriots...it WILL be the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!! I AM THE YANKER...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed with this. Next year should be the year of the Patriots and will most definitely be the year of the Yanker. Good luck to JCM, hope they pull it together. :popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...