Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditioning and STRENGTH were never a problem before the current staff. Many times we were smaller, but we were always stronger. A prime example was when my son was playing. He was 6' even and 235-245 pounds. He regularly took on opposing linemen up to 6'6" and 300 pounds and pancaked them. This applied to not only the prime O-line, but to the second and third O-lines. It did not start to fall off until your got to the 4th string and beyond. Same went for the first three defensive lines. The staff here USED to keep EVERYBODY busy and developing. Now if more than the first string gets work it is a miracle. Practice sessions are a JOKE now!

Between the lack of paying attention to details and the lack of tough discipline now R'dale will continue to fall short of Championships it used to win! I hated writing that, but it is the truth as I see it.

You are right LOD! Along with your son I remember our centers Justin Jones and the young man a year behind him were smaller as well Justin was 6'2" and the young man that started the following year was 5'9" and Justin was 195lbs and the other was around the same weight! Like I stated our strength and conditioning was second to none! GO WARRIORS! :thumb: Guess that is not the case any longer! :angry:

I think our work in the weightroom has fallen off at Oakland the last yr too. I am wondering if it is the kids lack of desire , the scheduling making it harder,changing folk in charge of the workouts, or what. I know Mac revamped the weightroom and spent several thousands on new equipment that first yr he came. I am just not sure what the deal is over there but I hope it gets fixed fast. As you RHS folk know, you can do big things with strength on the line, no matter the size of the player.

I think our work in the weightroom has fallen off at Oakland the last yr too. I am wondering if it is the kids lack of desire , the scheduling making it harder,changing folk in charge of the workouts, or what. I know Mac revamped the weightroom and spent several thousands on new equipment that first yr he came. I am just not sure what the deal is over there but I hope it gets fixed fast. As you RHS folk know, you can do big things with strength on the line, no matter the size of the player.

Very few schools have solid strength and conditioning programs.

Does the freshmen at Riverdale and Oakland participate in a strength and conditioning program?

wingman10 I know the freshman at Riverdale did have strength and conditioning back when we lived down in the Boro. Not sure about how its run now!

The FRESHMAN team used to have between 6-8 Coaches just for them also. I 'think' the current number is 2! Freshmen also never started until the Freshman season was OVER. How much did it hurt a good RB to be thrown into the varsity mix this year from the beginning of the season? For that matter how much did it hurt the Freshman team? Another example of teaching the kids how to LOSE! Siegel Freshmen were undefeated this year for those who know how important that USED to be at R'dale. Like I said this year watch Siegel in the future as Coach Wyant has them working HARD in the weight room finally!

Another example of the lack of paying attention to the kids instead of Coach A's ego!

If we were as good as he and his sycophants tell all of us he is, R'dale would be 15-0 every year!

Right now the biggest need at R'dale is case load quantities of chap stick for some assistant coaches so Coach A's tail does not get chapped!

Can we all tell I am FED UP! <_<

Edited by Lost Old Dad

The FRESHMAN team used to have between 6-8 Coaches just for them also. I 'think' the current number is 2! Freshmen also never started until the Freshman season was OVER. How much did it hurt a good RB to be thrown into the varsity mix this year from the beginning of the season? For that matter how much did it hurt the Freshman team? Another example of teaching the kids how to LOSE! Siegel Freshmen were undefeated this year for those who know how important that USED to be at R'dale. Like I said this year watch Siegel in the future as Coach Wyant has them working HARD in the weight room finally!

Another example of the lack of paying attention to the kids instead of Coach A's ego!

If we were as good as he and his sycophants tell all of us he is, R'dale would be 15-0 every year!

Right now the biggest need at R'dale is case load quantities of chap stick for some assistant coaches so Coach A's tail does not get chapped!

Can we all tell I am FED UP! <_<

Keep whining! Coach A isnt going anywhere.

Very few schools have solid strength and conditioning programs.

Does the freshmen at Riverdale and Oakland participate in a strength and conditioning program?

Oakland's freshmen do lift during the school day. The outgoing seniors started the spring and summer leading to their freshman year, showing up in groups of 30-40. I sure this has grown as the Varsity has shown marked improvement.

Thats what I'm talking about,PUCKER UP! :roflolk:

Im not puckering up to anyone. Im also not knocking a guy that has led his team deep into the playoffs the last two years. If you feel so strongly go up to warrior drive and talk to the man. See what he says and see if you can talk to him face to face instead of spouting off at the mouth on here about him. You do all of this talking but the problem is you will not do anything other than that. If you want to help instill the traditions of the past teams go to the man and tell him of the past traditions and try to help him.

I don't think I'd try to make a case featuring aydelott's playoff prowess. Requires a defense once you get to the playoffs.

I know aydelott has a free pass and will be there as long as he wants. That doesn't mean that he can't learn from his mistakes and try to improve the team.