SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

If it totally rests on the QB's shoulders then JB enjoy your Gold Ball, Anyone who watched the Polk game knows that SP's QB will fold under pressure if he gets hit a couple of hard licks. And their B/U QB is still recouping a bad knee. If JB's defense lets Raquis get around the corner then they will see the true definition of speed. I think overall SP probably has more talent but have to believe JB is better coached. We will see Friday afternoon. Hope they get the field dried out by then. Piratas están condenados a perder el gran juego.

UncleDave thinks this is an unfair assumption. Yes, Millard struggled in the Polk Co game but you have to remember (1) this is his first year starting at quarterback and (2) they were defensively probably the best team we have seen all year. The coaches have not tried to make Millard win ballgames...he has plenty of playmakers around him to do that...his job is to be the field general so to speak. He has really surprised alot of the Pirate faithful with his ability and toughness. If you remember that big linebacker from Polk got a clean shot on him and he got up for the next play.

I'm assuming he'll be there, but I haven't talked to him in a few days. Troll will be there for sure, and Reaction said he was thinking about coming up. This is one that most have wanted to see all year, and I think it will be a dandy. I'm guessing it will take a full four quarters for whoever pulls it out, but I can't really tell you anything scheme wise. I've just seen a lot of "contenders" in my day, and those are usually pretty easy to spot. I knew it would take a very, very good team to knock them out of the western part of the bracket, which obviously didn't happen.

Seven, did you get to watch the 2007 SP team?? Some have compared this current edition of Jo Byrns to them. If they are that good, then we might as well not even make the trip up there. That team was loaded with talent....several of the starters are now playing college ball. I am wondering if the comparison is because of their running game. The 2007 team ran at will on everyone.

:thumb:

Well this is the game everyone has been waiting for all year and i believe it going to be a GREAT one. It seems the ? is can sp stop jb run.....YES they can. the whole week of the gville game all the talk was is that gville had a huge back that couldnt be stopped and sp shut him down i dont see it being any different against jb. sp wants the gold ball way too much this year and i dont see them getting anything less. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Last time I looked, JB deleted PC and WC from the playoffs this year. :roflolk: I am glad all you PC and WC folks feel beholden to J.B. now. I bet Collinwood folk would never be caught dead pulling for Perry or Wayne Counties. :roflol:

That is not true. Look back at the JB/WC thread and the JB/PC thread. Region 6 sticks together, when we're not playing each other that is!

well all i can say is i hope is no one get"s hurt but hit he is gonna get that is pretty sure of,,, THE TANK IS A COMING TO STEAM ROLL SOME PIRATE"S :popcorneater::roflolk:

I have yet to figure out why that boy is called the tank..He is not that big has decent size but no Josh Nicks...In fact I would almost gurantee Robert Robinson was bigger and stronger than he was..He was not even called the tank and he was a man amongst boys...I guess just because it rhymes

Edited by powerp

Well hello Snoball...My name is IEatNuggets4Breakfast...I am new here on CoachT and a bigtime Pirate Supporter...Who do u like this Friday in the 1A state championship? :roflol:

it's nice to meAt you, ieatnuggets4breakfast. :lol: my name is snoball i'm kind of the pseudo sheriff round these parts and i want to welcome you to the T. we run a tight ship round herre, so shape up and make sure you're clean shaven before you post. i think this game is too close to call in my opinion. i've seen jo byrns this year and they look sharp, i'm as familiar with sp as anybody that didn't suit up for em, so i know what they bring to the table every year.

i'm going to go with my gut on this one and pick, white house by 3. :roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

The Pirates are going to practice at Finley tomorrow about noon CT. The bus will be leaving the field house at 11:30 CT so spread the word and get out on the streets and show them our support. The bus for Cookeville will be leaving the field house at 4 PM CT Thursday afternoon. ALL Pirate fans need to be out showing the team we are behind them. GO PIRATES!!!