SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

I've seen you're game film...man we don't stand a chance!

Is watching game film a communtiy event everywhere but So Pittsburg? I dont think half you folks seen your own game film let alone one on your opposing teams. I sure the coachs sit up all night making copies and mailing them instead of studying the opposing team. I think both teams are where they are for a reason and playing cupcakes on either side aint that reason. " i've seen game film" I bet your well known in your community for whishing big and exagerating the truth just a bit .what a joke! Good luck to both JB and SP , I hope all make a safe trip and all players leave as healthy as the came. I am hoping for a nail biter just not sure thats what will happen. Again one will get more than expected and the other will get less.IMO

Does anyone know if Grider is getting a greyhound for this game and how much it will cost? I have been listening to WEPG all day and Grider has not told them to say anything about it. I garuntee you that I would like to ride that greyhound if Grider is getting one. I guess it will follow Griders player bus up early Friday morning. I will bring some hot cocoa and fudge rounds on the bus and we can read in my Murphy Fair book about these Joe Byrns boys.

Roy has an AM radio taped to the handle of his Save-A-Lot shopping cart.

Most people are not giving a score. Just saying one or the other will win by 2tds. Im curious to know if most people think this will be a shootout or a low scoring game?

I think if either team scores 35 they win. I really see a 28-21 type score. If there are turnovers it could be 35-21 or 28-14. And of course I think JB is going to win. :thumb:

South Pittsburg's regular season average is 46.6-14.7 which includes a 4 point loss to probable 2A state champ Signal Mountain, plus a 42-7 hammering from 3A state contender Polk. Our playoff average is 45-13.6 including Mercy Ruling Moore County and semifinal opponent Coalfield.

Jo Byrns' undefeated regular season average is 40.6-6.9. Their playoff average is 33.7-13.3 with no Mercy Rules.

SP's total average is 45.8-14.1, JB's is 37.1-10.1. A little factoring (including that both teams had a few cupcakes on their schedules) gives SP an 8.7-4 winning margin. JB beat Cascade 35-6, but SP whipped Cascade 49-0. So, statistically, the Pirates have the edge, but these two teams are still very evenly matched. It will be a great game. I still say if Travis is "on" we win. He may have only one season as a starter, but he has emerged from Terrell Robinson's shadow in a big way.

GO PIRATES!!!!

Is watching game film a communtiy event everywhere but So Pittsburg? I dont think half you folks seen your own game film let alone one on your opposing teams. I sure the coachs sit up all night making copies and mailing them instead of studying the opposing team. I think both teams are where they are for a reason and playing cupcakes on either side aint that reason. " i've seen game film" I bet your well known in your community for whishing big and exagerating the truth just a bit .what a joke! Good luck to both JB and SP , I hope all make a safe trip and all players leave as healthy as the came. I am hoping for a nail biter just not sure thats what will happen. Again one will get more than expected and the other will get less.IMO

i'm watching sp film right now. you want a play by play? popcorneater.gif