6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

He couldn't wait to get out of Rutherford County and loves it here in Blount County, home of 23 Football State Championships. (Those little dots are periods the other things are commas.)

You are right he could not wait to leave Rutherford. He seen Smyrna, Oakland and Blackman coming he knew he was not going to be Top Dog year after year. Besides the Blackman Riverdale split took some of their players. Also I have heard, do not know if this is true or not, but I heard Alcoa has some kind of out of area fee that can be paid and the student may then attend Alcoa if this is true it is right up Rankins Ally. And explains why he has won a GOLD BALL EVERY YEAR since he has been there.

Also I was trying to get under Maryville fans skin and it looks like it has worked!

I know that two of the best teams are the teams playing for the GOLD BALL this coming weekend. Notice I did not say the very best, when you get to this point either team can win.I expect a great hard fought battle and hope that the game is an injury free game.

And Oh Bigpoppa92 if you going to post stats or rankings, get them right no we are not ranked 68th I think it is 36th JFYI

Also I agree with AmericanBullDog

you guys should be the favorite to win saturday since you have been able to rest your starters throughout the playsoffs while Smyrna has been beaten up by two dist champs and the best back in the state (most folks say Mathers is the best back in the state So just remember our leading tackler on the year is out Bryson is hurt so we do not STAND A CHANCE against the MIGHTY Maryville team.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND SEE YA THERE

Edited by BullyDog

Here is the real deal. You can throw strength of schedules, opponents, records, and stats out with this game. This is a real state championship final. Dawgs we need to have the best week of practice. Focus. This game will be nothing like the 07' game against Independence. That game was won before the buses left the school. We will have to play error free and with discipline. These are the two best teams in 6A. No one can argue that. Can Smyrna beat Maryville? Absolutely!!!!! No question. But don't be caught staring at the gold ball. It is not yours......yet. You still have to go out and earn it. And you best be or your A game. It sounds like a lot of Maryville fans think this is in the bag based on some past titles. Again that means nothing. We care about your past history as much as you care about ours. This game will be epic. So everyone needs to stop with the "your schedule was soft and four teams from the East could have made to cookeville" stuff. Maryville is real good. We got it. So is Smyrna. Bottom line is Smyrna and Maryville are the only two remaining. And for good reason. See yall in Cookeville. Go Dawgs!!!

hey we know maryville is good. no one said they were'nt. so i dont need the coaht police to tell me what to say ,ok ? i put those stats on here because they kept bragging about their past years gold balls. the only stats they want to hear are the number of past championships they have won...if they dont want to read stats they should stop putting up stats. like i said earlier either team can win this game ,but it want have anything to do with hwat happened in the past

I absolutely love how the Smyrna faithful think Alcoa is a "little ol' 3a school". Ha ha Alcoa this year would run over ANY team in the state that they play. And you haven't seen football until you play in the week in and week out competition that Maryville does.

if maryville so proud of the competition that they have played why do they get so upset when we post it on coacht ?

I absolutely love how the Smyrna faithful think Alcoa is a "little ol' 3a school". Ha ha Alcoa this year would run over ANY team in the state that they play. And you haven't seen football until you play in the week in and week out competition that Maryville does.

You are right we haven't seen football until you play the week in and week out competition that Maryville does so lets see your opponents average state ranking thru next week which includes us #2 and Alcoa #3 is a big 51.73 state ranking and Smyrna's average thru next week including Ensworth #1 and yall #4 is an average of 33.86 so tell me how you figure we do not see the competition Maryville does week in and week out they played 3 teams ranked 100 or higher we played 1 team of 100 or above

Not to throw out stats I know that means nothing but you are the one that said it NOT ME

Also I have heard, do not know if this is true or not, but I heard Alcoa has some kind of out of area fee that can be paid and the student may then attend Alcoa if this is true it is right up Rankins Ally.

So you are saying that Alcoa has "some kind of out of area fee". Why have we not heard of this. Thank you BullyDog for this valuable information. This should make us more competitive with Alcoa in the future. Wow! Some kind of fee. Does the TSSAA know about this fee? Does Smyrna have this fee? Now that we know about this fee, will they put a stop to it? The more I think about it, the more questions I come up with. I wish our team had this fee. What is the true name of this fee, or is it just called, THE FEE?

BullyDog, don't let these other Maryville fans bring you down. They are just trying to get under your skin.

So you are saying that Alcoa has "some kind of out of area fee". Why have we not heard of this. Thank you BullyDog for this valuable information. This should make us more competitive with Alcoa in the future. Wow! Some kind of fee. Does the TSSAA know about this fee? Does Smyrna have this fee? Now that we know about this fee, will they put a stop to it? The more I think about it, the more questions I come up with. I wish our team had this fee. What is the true name of this fee, or is it just called, THE FEE?

BullyDog, don't let these other Maryville fans bring you down. They are just trying to get under your skin.

Nobody gets under my skin I just want to know why we don't play the competition that Maryville does 161 state ranked competition I know fact hurt lets see I think even the NFL uses stats to figure out who is the best Qb RB and even defenses so why would we want to use stats they must all be made up LOL

Edited by BullyDog

First off I was just correcting a Maryville fan that did not want to count Ensworth as an opponent of ours

MHS82, on 27 November 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

Here are some numbers to consider...

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0 WRONG

So when is an opponent not an opponent you asked for it you got it

If you read the post, I said 6A opponents. But yes, absolutely add Ensworth to your list and we will add Alcoa.

No I am not saying that if you read my post I said I do not know if it is true or not just heard that and also we do not have that at Smyrna. Matter of fact we lost players when LaVergne was rezoned and then again when Blackman was built and rezoned again.