Prayers needed in Springfield!

OldJacketFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It breaks my heart to see things like this happen to good young men. I sit here and think what could I have done better to help this young man, and why did this great young man's friends, family, team, and community have to suffer this loss? We at Springfield thank you for your prayers. Coach Myers and our staff believed he was a promising young man that practiced everyday, played on our JV championship team, and was not a starter, but NEVER missed a day of practice or game all year long. This is a loss not just to our program, but a loss to our society. More student athletes should be like this one! Did not start, but was the first to run in on scout team or fill a spot in the JV games all year and NEVER complained. I will miss you, and you made me a better coach for having coached you! My prayers go out to all those families that have lost a loved one due to a tragic accident. Parents need to cheerish every moment with their children, and coaches need to get to know every player on their team. We don't know what tomorrow brings, but I sure enjoyed laughing a joking and coaching this young man this year. I thank you for being a great part of not only my life, but the life of everyone that was blessed to have met you. We at Springfield once again would like to thank you all for your caring words, and please keep this young man's family in your prayers! He will be missed!

It breaks my heart to see things like this happen to good young men. I sit here and think what could I have done better to help this young man, and why did this great young man's friends, family, team, and community have to suffer this loss? We at Springfield thank you for your prayers. Coach Myers and our staff believed he was a promising young man that practiced everyday, played on our JV championship team, and was not a starter, but NEVER missed a day of practice or game all year long. This is a loss not just to our program, but a loss to our society. More student athletes should be like this one! Did not start, but was the first to run in on scout team or fill a spot in the JV games all year and NEVER complained. I will miss you, and you made me a better coach for having coached you! My prayers go out to all those families that have lost a loved one due to a tragic accident. Parents need to cheerish every moment with their children, and coaches need to get to know every player on their team. We don't know what tomorrow brings, but I sure enjoyed laughing a joking and coaching this young man this year. I thank you for being a great part of not only my life, but the life of everyone that was blessed to have met you. We at Springfield once again would like to thank you all for your caring words, and please keep this young man's family in your prayers! He will be missed!

Sending prayers from here in East Tennessee.

What a heart wrenching experience for any coach? We all focus on the W's and L's and lose sight of the real reason we coach. The vast majority of kids we are privilaged to work with give us more than they will ever know.

Sending prayers from here in East Tennessee.

What a heart wrenching experience for any coach? We all focus on the W's and L's and lose sight of the real reason we coach. The vast majority of kids we are privilaged to work with give us more than they will ever know.