Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

Yea get started. You know get a job, support a family,get some years under our belts etc.

In case you forgot this isnt Texas or a private school. Most coaches have to teach too.

Is that what Metro is? A place to get started? Is that where you really learn how to be a coach then you can go out to the county schools?

Yea get started. You know get a job, support a family,get some years under our belts etc.

In case you forgot this isnt Texas or a private school. Most coaches have to teach too.

You know you actually have a good point. If you can coach in any metro school, coaching in a county school would be a breeze. Think if a metro coach didn't have to teach, paint the field, cut the grass, pick up the players, take home the players, wash the practice uniforms, wash the game uniforms, head fundraisers, spend their own funds, buy their own video equipment, run the concession stand, find the chain gang on Friday,and who knows what else. Then he has to find a littel time in there somewhere to coach football. And he's probably doing all of that with no budget. And not to mention a principal that doesn't know what the game of football is, could give a hoot about the game of football, or just plain won't support the coach.

:o

Seriously?

Dude, I don't hang out in CoachT often, never post (As you can tell)..until I get a text from a close coaching friend asking if I am Taco on CoachT! I had to click back through this mess to find out what was going on...what a waste of my time.

You guys out there that know me, know for a fact it ain't me, and that is all that matters.

You guys have your "fun", but leave me the heck out of it!

Eubanks

I learned how to coach in college during and after i played ball.

[/quote

There's no way you were learning how to coach as you were playing. If that was the case, you weren't a very good player. Which is ok. Now learning after you were done playing, I can go for that. If you were a head coach in metro at one of the "Big 4" then you know what it takes to be a good coach. If not, you're blowing air up my pants leg trying to make us believe you are a heck-of-a-coach!

• Upvote 2

i saw how hard my coaches worked that taught me and got the opportunity to see it as a player and after i played. I could care less if people think I am a heck-of-a-coach or not. Its not about me its all about the kids! By the way I went to a metro school when I was in high school and I have to say I had great coaches that prepared me for high school and college ball and also for life. Runtheball is one of the best coaches I have ever been around, just thought I would throw that out there as well.

By the way, I wont ever be blowing anything up your pant leg and you can take that to the bank!

jcraig, didn't you say in a post that Cane Ridge isn't successful because of the kids? That the coaches are great and work hard but the kids just don't care/put in the work? Not exactly the comments I'd be making if I was politicing for every open job on a FAN site and then turn around and blame it on those kids I was there for, then again, I wouldn't be politicing on a fan site but to each his own...

Is Ravenwood going to reopen the search or are they going to go back through the initial applicants? I, like I'm sure many, was shocked that they gave it to the initial coach in that he didn't seem to have much success where he was originally at. May be a good job for a coordinator from another school (as long as the admin. isn't as crazy as many say), at this point what do you have to loss?