McKenzie Rebels 2011

rebelsnook

For those who haven't been keeping up with some of the updates on McKenzieFootball.com or the Facebook page, check out some pictures from the newly renovated lockerroom at the Kermit Holland Sportsplex. A generous donation by Randall and Pat Taylor led to the renovations at the Sportsplex and Rebel Stadium.

http://mckenziefootball.dotphoto.com/CPViewAlbum.asp?AID=6413215

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you a player on last years team?

"Zealous". Most people would say that it was that "Zealousness" that got us as far as we got. What undid us in the semi-final was that #77 for TCA who....OWNED....our offensive line from the first play to the last. But that offensive line got nothing but cudos from the coacht crowd all year. Guess most of the Mckenzie coacht folks are parents of the o-line. From where I was sitting, all year long, the QB rarely had more than 1.5 seconds to throw the ball before having to scamble. A QB with a lesser ability to scamble and we would have been toast this year. The great o-line took the loss with a shrug. One of them was even laughing (about something) as he was leaving the locker room after the game. We had a senior get run over on our first extra point attempt, and, by saying "run over" I am being kind. That ended up losing us the game as our 2 pt conversion attempt we tried to make up for that failed. We had a senior TB come in for our 2 pt conversion attempt and, he FORGOT THE PLAY CALL. Then he said, I think it was this. Then the FB forgot what to do on that play so the TB told him..but told him wrong. Before the season started we had 3 starting seniors, TWO OF WHICH ENDED UP BEING CAPTAINS (go figure), announce they quitting. Wow, really. Bet you didn't know that Butchie did you. You see, your little crowd there, they ain't going to tell you everything. It was the kid who got trucked on the first extra point attempt and the TB who forgot the play for the 2 pt conversion who were 2 of the seniors who announced to the entire team they were quitting before game 1. And, on the 14 yard line, with 50 seconds left, 4th and 3, with a QB who had run 2 TDs in from that distance already, and figuring we already had one extra point blocked (WOW, THAT O-LINE) and the only reason we beat Mt Pleasant is because their players got to the point to block the kick TOO FAST (WOW, AGAIN FOR THE O-LINE!!)...yeah, lets run the clock down to 1 second and go for the FG. Lets not roll out wide because, that is what we do best, and, our FG blocking team (WOW, AGAIN FOR THA O-LINE!!) is so good, and we have been so successfull kicking field goals this year so, even though we have a QB who has run two in from this distance tonight, lets go for the FG. That o-line, that TB, hey, though, they're great kids and I enjoyed watching them play.

I guess it's time to to get back to work. I have went through and read this whole thread and glad to see the regulars are back along with some others who well.....need to get a clue. Rebels first week of practice went really well. The usual first week. Alot of conditioning and getting acclimated to the heat. The poppin will start on Monday so we will be able to tell alot more after next week. Rebels will have a get together next Friday at home with McNairy County around 5 I believe. Also have Union City and Lexington on tap before the home opener vs. Westview. Still, as with all programs, to early to get a good read. As always, had 3 or 4 who weren't willing to do what it takes for the honor of playing under the lights. I guess though you get that every year.

The Rebels again play a tough schedule with Westview, Humboldt and TCA back. We also picked up Adamsville which last year made a play off run if I remember correctly. Camden (for whatever reason) dropped us or maybe we dropped them. I am sure it had to do with scheduling conflicts. McKenzie will travel to Adamsville, TCA, Humboldt, Hungingdon and Dresden. (I believe those are all correct) Tough road games. Our schedule prepares us very well if we are fortunate enough to make it to the playoffs. Of course, who knows if you make the playoffs with the system in place.

Anyway, good to be back. Go Rebels!!

Like V&T1 said, time for the pads to pop. OK Rebels, NEW SEASON, NEW TEAM!! All of McKenzie support you. Time for the rest of the REBEL fans to talk it up.

TAILGATING SEASON HAS ARRIVED! TIME TO MAKE SOME NOISE! GET OFF YOUR BUTT! YELL FOR THE BOYS!!!

GO REBELS!

THE REBEL ROWDY CROWD

I garuntee you that you are full of mess. I have read in my Murphy Fair book and the best team is those Trousdale boys. They are real good and that Creasy man is a real good coach.

We've Met The Trouserdale Hosers....And They Are A Formidable Bunch...Hope We Meet This Year As Well.