Union City Golden Tornadoes 2011

The Falcons got it to do...We'll see...

I've been wondering where you've been..lol..Just messing with Swo and trying to get some of the Union City faithful on here.Should be some good games and teams in the district this year.I'm anxious to see Lake Co's young stud from the 8th grade also.I read the article about the Union City player being named the MVP of the all star game.Lake Co has a kid named Paul Caldwell that is a stud,at least for that age.Hard to believe anybody is any better than him.Looking forward to see both of them this year and in years to come.

I've been wondering where you've been..lol..Just messing with Swo and trying to get some of the Union City faithful on here.Should be some good games and teams in the district this year.I'm anxious to see Lake Co's young stud from the 8th grade also.I read the article about the Union City player being named the MVP of the all star game.Lake Co has a kid named Paul Caldwell that is a stud,at least for that age.Hard to believe anybody is any better than him.Looking forward to see both of them this year and in years to come.

Oh The Fun We'll Have At Their Expense!

Union City will win the 1A championship this year...because South Pittsburg has never won two in a row!

I heard Dyer County was looking at the Caldwell kid.....

I keed..I keeed... :roflol:

I heard Dyer County was looking at the Caldwell kid.....

I keed..I keeed... :roflol:

i'M SURE THEY WERE..But at least some of them decided to stay at home.It's pretty expensive to drive from Ridgely or Tiptonville every day to Newbern with gas prices as high as they are..A 40 to 50 mile round trip each day.And for 4 years without making a move.The Flowers kid probably would have played a lot at Lake Co last year.Not sure if he is playing much at Dyer Co.I know they have Medford back at running back plus the Choctaws had a few more backs ahead of Flowers.so doubt he'll play much at running back.Maybe Dyer co would still be down in classification if they weren't letting all the players from out of county go to school there.

Edited by mrbigster

Union City will win the 1A championship this year...because South Pittsburg has never won two in a row!

Your statistics are flawed. SP has only been in back to back title games twice. '85 and '86 Class A games and frankly, the Semi-finals back then were more like current state title games and '09 and '10 1A title game. This would be 3 appearances in a row and would be uncharted territory for the Pirates. Plus, there is no guarantee that SP won't end up in the West bracket. They nearly did last year due to the Voodoo system currently in place for 1a and 2a.

yall have my support

That might very well happen. But the District 14A coaches aren't giving the Tornadoes very much respect! They have UC picked to finish 5th in the District. This is the coaches now hard to believe they are picking them that far down! Time will soon tell! I know Union City have some under class men but i believe the Tornadoes have 16 starters returning correct me if i am wrong it won't be the first time. With that many starters coming back i was just kind of thinking i don't understand UC being pick 5th!

Edited by zebra99