Union City Golden Tornadoes 2011

What a difference a year made...One season after reaching the summit of 1A football with a last second win over South Pittsburg the Tornadoes, decimated by the loss of 14 seniors, came back to the pack in 2010..The 2010 edition of Tornadoes were bounced from the playoffs by Bruceton at home in the first round of the playoffs..Most UC fans realized that this team was probably two years away from realistically having a legitimate shot at reaching the title game again...2011 will be a very important season for the Tornado program...The young kids that took their lumps this season will have another full year of the Bowling off season workout program, another Spring practice and Summer workout program...These Tornadoes will be bigger, stronger and faster...They will also have a chip on their shoulder...This team only loses 5 seniors...QB Chase Bowling, Kelly Scales, Trey Maddox, Devin Fitts and foreign exchange student Victor Panetta are all donning caps and gowns this spring...The Tornadoes will have 8 seniors on the 2011 team to draw experience and leadership from but more than likely the stars of this team will come from their junior class...That group will have 9 players including leading rusher Keylon Hyde...Hyde will be a Mr. Football candidate next season barring any unforeseen injuries...Most people figure that Travis Rutland will enter Spring practice as the heir apparent to two year starter Chase Bowling as the new trigger for the veer/mid-line option offense...The Tornadoes will also be bolstered by an incoming freshman group that was 9-2 and only lost to Paris Inman and Brighton...

Many things could alter plans when trying to foresee the future, especially at the high school level...I don't even know if the schedule has been completed...Rumor has it Union City will open the season in a Week 0 showdown with county rival Obion Co Central at Troy and then will play Wayne County at home in Week 1 or 2 match-up...Of course the Tornadoes will play Lake County, South Fulton, Humboldt, Trenton Peabody, Greenfield as district games..

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Agreed P&G we will go far next year but it will be 2012 befroe we are back in C-Ville. After next season we should be regulars in the late season playoff picture. That is if we keep that Bowling era Toughness and continue to develope young players. Bowling is very tough on these kids and alot of them cant hold up under his strength and conditioning programs. he says "Footbal is a violent sport that is played by men and I want men to play for me". Id say that chip on your shoulder mentallity will be a huge factor next year. Is it really true that WC will be coming to our house. If so .... Lets make certain to put on the UC class act and make those folks feel welcome.

Edited by BigSwo

Agreed P&G we will go far next year but it will be 2012 befroe we are back in C-Ville. After next season we should be regulars in the late season playoff picture. That is if we keep that Bowling era Toughness and continue to develope young players. Bowling is very tough on these kids and alot of them cant hold up under his strength and conditioning programs. he says "Footbal is a violent sport that is played by men and I want men to play for me". Id say that chip on your shoulder mentallity will be a huge factor next year. Is it really true that WC will be coming to our house. If so .... Lets make certain to put on the UC class act and make those folks feel welcome.

Lake co will go ahead and go next year then and keep the spot warm for yall..lol

Lake co will go ahead and go next year then and keep the spot warm for yall..lol

Well yall gonna have to get past the revenge beat down first. You know dem tornados gonna be out for some Falcon blood. Both teams not losing alot and both full of pride and a lil resentment for each other. Im takin UC.

Well yall gonna have to get past the revenge beat down first. You know dem tornados gonna be out for some Falcon blood. Both teams not losing alot and both full of pride and a lil resentment for each other. Im takin UC.

Swo..I'm telling you guys now..Lake Co will be faster next year with Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones and Rafhael Tyler returning.And we have a stud coming up from the middle school that is going to remind people of Hyde,maybe better and a freshman..But come to the basketball game and watch Zay Coleman.Watch him against Cox and company.He was a running back in middle school but for some reason didn't play this year.Maybe because he knew Sam Hays was coming back and would be hard to replace a 3 year starter.But just come,watch the speed and quickness he has and put him with the other players.Wow.

I garuntee you that Union County will be real good again next year. That Hyde boy will be a junior and he a already a real big and fast runner. He is 5'8 190lbs right now. If this boy lifts alot of weights this offseason and runs with his ankle weights on, he will be real good next year. Let me ask you Union County people a question. How fast is this Hyde boy in the 50 yard dash? If that coach can get some big ole boys to knock a hole for him, he will be a real good runner. You think im joking but im not.

Swo..I'm telling you guys now..Lake Co will be faster next year with Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones and Rafhael Tyler returning.And we have a stud coming up from the middle school that is going to remind people of Hyde,maybe better and a freshman..But come to the basketball game and watch Zay Coleman.Watch him against Cox and company.He was a running back in middle school but for some reason didn't play this year.Maybe because he knew Sam Hays was coming back and would be hard to replace a 3 year starter.But just come,watch the speed and quickness he has and put him with the other players.Wow.

From what I remember, our 8th graders beat your 8th graders pretty good this year. So whatever special freshmen ya'll got coming in, our's were better.

:thumb: Union City will be improved and a tough team to handle. LC must travel to UC which is a tough place to win. With that said LC returns alot of quality player on offense #11-Tyler, #10-Boyd, #3-Jones, #81-Bledsoe, #50-Lewis return. The key for the Falcons will be finding a trigger man to spread the ball to those guys, no one will replace Sam Hays but wiith a solid QB the offense will still be dangerous. The key for the Falcons will be an improved D. The D was young an inexperienced last year and lacked an understanding of technique and fundamentals last year at times. Plenty of talent over their but was VERY YOUNG!! Started 4 Sophs and 3 Jrs. at end of year. One of those #78-Crawford missed all but 2 games as a Soph. due to knee injury. These guys will get better returning are #11-Tyler, #10-Boyd,#4-Leland,#81-Bledsoe in the secondary. Only loss #7-Mills but have #3-Jones returning who played alot as well. Both LBs return in #50-Lews and #32-Bargery.You can add #87-Hopper who played alot and Coach B is anxious to see the Caldwell kid up at LB as well. Up front you got 2 big DTs in #78-Crawford and #52-Kimble. DEs is a concern with loss of Keefe and BJ Gauldin but #5-Pearson will help alog with Ross, J. Crawford, N. Price and others. UC will not be the only ones getting bigger as the Falcons will get a baptism by fire in Coach B's conditioning program this winter. The concern for UC along with LC is defense and how will they match up with LC's athletes. For Lc it is slowing down that DANG veer under the guru Bowling. The Best veer guy in TN in my humble opinion. Great rivalry and UC will be looking for revenge but LC will look to continue the streak and play catch up, UC still holds edge since both have been single A can't wait till fb season!! Edited by wardawg2038

From what I remember, our 8th graders beat your 8th graders pretty good this year. So whatever special freshmen ya'll got coming in, our's were better.

I never said 8th graders as a team.I said 1 player and he was about the best running back I saw on any team,bar none.And since Lake Co has both running backs ,Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones back next year along with receiver Ralphael Tyler...then the next year Devon Jones will be back again..so..the best two backs could be Hyde and Devon Jones.Add Devon Jones to the stud at middle school this year along with the running back from last year,Zay Coleman who didn't play this year..Lake Co will be loaded at the running back spot for several years.

I never said 8th graders as a team.I said 1 player and he was about the best running back I saw on any team,bar none.And since Lake Co has both running backs ,Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones back next year along with receiver Ralphael Tyler...then the next year Devon Jones will be back again..so..the best two backs could be Hyde and Devon Jones.Add Devon Jones to the stud at middle school this year along with the running back from last year,Zay Coleman who didn't play this year..Lake Co will be loaded at the running back spot for several years.

8th graders? Your joking. 8th graders are not allowed to play on the varsity team. If the TSSAA finds out about Union County doing this, then they might get in trouble for this mess. You think im joking but im not.