Union City Golden Tornadoes 2011

8th graders? Your joking. 8th graders are not allowed to play on the varsity team. If the TSSAA finds out about Union County doing this, then they might get in trouble for this mess. You think im joking but im not.

It could depend whether the middle shool is part of the high school campus.A lot of schools start 8th graders in basketball.But we're talking about some players that are going to be freshmen.You sure are keeping close tabs on Union Co. for some reason,Roy.

It could depend whether the middle shool is part of the high school campus.A lot of schools start 8th graders in basketball.But we're talking about some players that are going to be freshmen.You sure are keeping close tabs on Union Co. for some reason,Roy.

I garuntee you that I dont want Union County to get in trouble with the TSSAA. If that Childress man finds out about this, he might get Union County in trouble. You think im joking but im not.

8th graders? Your joking. 8th graders are not allowed to play on the varsity team. If the TSSAA finds out about Union County doing this, then they might get in trouble for this mess. You think im joking but im not.

Union City doesn't play 8th graders...The middle school is across the street from the high school...

:thumb: Union City will be improved and a tough team to handle. LC must travel to UC which is a tough place to win. With that said LC returns alot of quality player on offense #11-Tyler, #10-Boyd, #3-Jones, #81-Bledsoe, #50-Lewis return. The key for the Falcons will be finding a trigger man to spread the ball to those guys, no one will replace Sam Hays but wiith a solid QB the offense will still be dangerous. The key for the Falcons will be an improved D. The D was young an inexperienced last year and lacked an understanding of technique and fundamentals last year at times. Plenty of talent over their but was VERY YOUNG!! Started 4 Sophs and 3 Jrs. at end of year. One of those #78-Crawford missed all but 2 games as a Soph. due to knee injury. These guys will get better returning are #11-Tyler, #10-Boyd,#4-Leland,#81-Bledsoe in the secondary. Only loss #7-Mills but have #3-Jones returning who played alot as well. Both LBs return in #50-Lews and #32-Bargery.You can add #87-Hopper who played alot and Coach B is anxious to see the Caldwell kid up at LB as well. Up front you got 2 big DTs in #78-Crawford and #52-Kimble. DEs is a concern with loss of Keefe and BJ Gauldin but #5-Pearson will help alog with Ross, J. Crawford, N. Price and others. UC will not be the only ones getting bigger as the Falcons will get a baptism by fire in Coach B's conditioning program this winter. The concern for UC along with LC is defense and how will they match up with LC's athletes. For Lc it is slowing down that DANG veer under the guru Bowling. The Best veer guy in TN in my humble opinion. Great rivalry and UC will be looking for revenge but LC will look to continue the streak and play catch up, UC still holds edge since both have been single A can't wait till fb season!!

That was a big problem for UC as well...Coach Bowling not only had to break in young and inexperienced players but also two of his defensive coaches were 1st year guys...Not 1st year to the program, brand new 1st year coaches...Principal and former Def coordinator Wes Kennedy had to step in and assist on that side of the ball as the season went along...

It will be good for the district for UC, LC and SF to be improved...Playing better competition in the regular season helps out when you get in the playoffs...

People will have to watch out for SF...They ended the year with something like 9 starters injured...They beat LC @ Tiptonville and probably would have beaten UC in the last game of the year had they been healthy...

Who have you guys scheduled for your non-district games next season ??

LC still not finished with the schedule yet. This crazy playoff set up makes difficult to get non-district games. Everybody out there looking for wins because of the importance of overall record now. I know the two Fultons are still a go and possible Murray high but looking at some other options as well. I heard UC having the same problem in scheduling games and may have Wayne Co. in week 1. Long distance for a regular season game but when guys in the other district won't play ya then it becomes difficult to schedule unless you want to play up! Give an example Millington called LC asking about playing!!LOL

LC still not finished with the schedule yet. This crazy playoff set up makes difficult to get non-district games. Everybody out there looking for wins because of the importance of overall record now. I know the two Fultons are still a go and possible Murray high but looking at some other options as well. I heard UC having the same problem in scheduling games and may have Wayne Co. in week 1. Long distance for a regular season game but when guys in the other district won't play ya then it becomes difficult to schedule unless you want to play up! Give an example Millington called LC asking about playing!!LOL

I had heard rumours that Lake Co wasnt playing Hayti or Gibson Co.Wonder what happened there?I had heard we were playing both Fultons and had been hearing about Reidland.Also heard about a team called Mass.

Edited by mrbigster

I have one team in mind if they're not too scared to play.And if they'd come here to play.That other L.C.H.S. school...Sure would like to spank that tail...lol

Sure hope we can fincd a team close by.Hope we don't have to drive 2 and 3 hours for a regular season game.

Edited by mrbigster

wELL WHEN PEOPLE DONT WANT TO PLAY YOU that means your program must be pretty good. One thing I want from this distric. Some one go to the State game and show up and play. Holy Cow it was embarassing the way JB played against SP.It was like they laid down for em. Guys they were our best. Speaking of the west that is. Now come on. Surley we can play better football over here than that. Its gonna take a physically hardened team that is not in awe of those east Tn boys. I hope when UC geys back to the championship game that we take the same blood and guts approach as laST TIME. I also hope its against SP.

Okay Roy Im on to you now. Im not gonna be baited by your pretend ignorance of calling us Union County. We both know that you know who we are. Its very funny this character you plaY and all the stuff about save-a-lot and fudge rounds. I know now that this is your way of entertaining your self and other SP posters. I appreciate your concern for us (ha) but I promise that no 8th graders play for our varsity. Something you already knew ofcourse. So man call us what you want we are no longer bothered by it cuz we know your angle now and we laugh with you.

Murray would be a tough opponent...They haven't lost a regular season game in a couple of years and were ranked #1 in 2A this season....

I know the Fulton's are close and all but ya'll get nothing out of those two...Glorified scrimmages...

What about Mayfield ??

I've heard the same about Wayne County...That would be a good early season test....

Murray would be a tough opponent...They haven't lost a regular season game in a couple of years and were ranked #1 in 2A this season....

I know the Fulton's are close and all but ya'll get nothing out of those two...Glorified scrimmages...

What about Mayfield ??

I've heard the same about Wayne County...That would be a good early season test....

Dresden plays UC next year but I'm not sure who is home