Union City Golden Tornadoes 2011

If only they could actually get a legitimate threat through the air...Not much of one, maybe 10-12 passes a game just to keep a defense from putting 11 in the box...

Their big question mark on offense will be at QB...It's a huge loss when you have your QB living under your roof...They will be blessed with skilled players otherwise...

They will also have to show marked improvement on defense..

I agree P&G we need to keep the defense guessing more about the pass. You are spot on with the defense too. we cant allow any more 60 pt games and far fewer 40 pt games . We wont be able to outscore people with the style of offense we run . Keep them off the field and out of the endzone should be a great focus this spring and through out the summer programs.

For anyone of the Tornado Nation who is Interested I have a lil information about My son Raphe who was a starting senior on the championship team. He is in his 4th week of Air Force BMT (basic military training). He told us in a letter that he is trying to be a part of an elite award group called the WarHawks. Basically you have to run a mile and a half in under 10 mins which he already has accomplished. Also do 60 push ups in 60 seconds and 60 sit ups in 60 seconds. he says he is very close to the last 2 items on the list. He attributes his ability to do this to the outstanding training program he recieved at the home of the Golden tornados under Coach Bowling. He also says that he dosent think his instructor even knows his (Raphe's) name so he must be doing something right. We will get to see him graduate at the end of January. I can tell ya that I was bursting with pride to see him on that feild in Cookeville helping bring home the Gold Ball. However I dont think anything will compare to seeing him march across that parade ground at LackLand AFB in SanAntonio TX this coming Jan.

Roy the QB next year will most likely be a kid named Mike Ruttland. He is tall about 6'2" and can throw it a mile. He will probably weigh about 180 and is fast. I dont know the specifics but he outran several db's this season from his widereciever spot and got long td runs. he has been playing the qb position for the last 2 years on the JV squad. I think he will do fine out there as the feild general and will give us another threat on the corners when he keeps the ball.

I don't see how almost anybody with a half way accurate arm wouldn't be better than their QB last year, when I watched him play the only passes he threw were straight to the DBs of Bruceton. :roflolk:

I don't see how almost anybody with a half way accurate arm wouldn't be better than their QB last year, when I watched him play the only passes he threw were straight to the DBs of Bruceton. :roflolk:

well glazed I suppose any ohther team would have made as good of an effort against SP in the championship As JB did. That qb you are refering to BEAT SP in 09. But you are right he aint much on throwing it. How old are you anyway? You sound like a young kid to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy the QB next year will most likely be a kid named Mike Ruttland. He is tall about 6'2" and can throw it a mile. He will probably weigh about 180 and is fast. I dont know the specifics but he outran several db's this season from his widereciever spot and got long td runs. he has been playing the qb position for the last 2 years on the JV squad. I think he will do fine out there as the feild general and will give us another threat on the corners when he keeps the ball.

The QB next year is actually going to be Travis Rutland, Mike is his little brother. Last year he played WR and had 5 catches for 193 yards and 4 TDs. Last spring he ran his 40 yd dash in a 4.9. He can throw the ball a good 40 to 45 yards and he throws it hard like Brett Favre in the 90s. He is about 6'2" and weighs around 175. He is tough and usually takes more than one kid to bring him down. He played the entire second half against Bruceton with a broken arm. He has been waiting for two years to become QB and can make good decisions.

to tell the truth we might throw the ball but unlikely cause we got to many good backs i also like how the jackson sun gave us the back seat in all west tenn k hyde had better stats than the sophmore of the year and more rushing yards than anyone in west tenn and i beleve he is the next patrick willis i still remeber him hitting this kid in pee wee and the kid had a asthma attack and brett gore is the same way so idk why does the jackson sun hate uc i guess thier jelous of uc that we r more succeful than jackson schools in all sports except girls basketball but they are getting a little better

Big Swo Jr. I gotta agree on the Jackson Sun comment. Lake Co got the shaft on All-West TN as well with no Rafael Tyler with over 1,100 yards receiving or Sam Hays with 1,780 yards passing and 800 yards rushing even mentioned. Both All-State but not west TN?? Well you know how it is NW TN gets little to no coverage from the sun. How is the off-season going for the tornadoes?? Looking forward to another great year of football in district 14-A.

well glazed I suppose any ohther team would have made as good of an effort against SP in the championship As JB did. That qb you are refering to BEAT SP in 09. But you are right he aint much on throwing it. How old are you anyway? You sound like a young kid to me.

Im very soon to be 24. Union County what a joke.

Mr. Pot....Meet Mr. Kettle...

1999...6-5

2000...4-7

2001...2-8

2002...2-9

2003...4-6

2004...5-6

2005...2-8

2006...4-6

2007...0-10

2008...3-7

2009...7-5

2010...11-2

And you call UC a joke ??

Oh my you pulled up our entire football history, and as everyone can see its not very long. How many years has UC had a football program? And when I called UC a joke I was referring to your past season and possibly the one coming up, not your entire history.

Edited by akaGlazed