Union City Golden Tornadoes 2011

Well Union City fans and haters, I slipped into the Union City / McKenzie scrimage tonight for a few looks. By what I saw, the Union City team is limited in numbers that just might have found itself tonight.. From what one local who had been at the game since the first snap, Union City's 1st team scored 3 times against McKenzie's 1 score. Then McKenzie's "B" team handed it to U C. U C Freshmen also handed it to the Rebels 4 to 1 in a separate game on the U C Practice field. From the looks of things and what some McKenzie folks were saying, Union City out conditioned the Rebels especially once they hit the field for the second round of 1st teams playing. The "B" teams played in the middle to give breaks for the starters. I was more impressed with Union City and "disapointed" in what McKenzie was showing. Farely clean game. Union City came out throwing the ball and did very well. A couple of newcomers have added to the offense of the Tornadoes and may have some freshmen to step up and add to the lo numbers. Just a report.

Edited by UCGRAD

Well Union City fans and haters, I slipped into the Union City / McKenzie scrimage tonight for a few looks. By what I saw, the Union City team is limited in numbers that just might have found itself tonight.. From what one local who had been at the game since the first snap, Union City's 1st team scored 3 times against McKenzie's 1 score. Then McKenzie's "B" team handed it to U C. U C Freshmen also handed it to the Rebels 4 to 1 in a separate game on the U C Practice field. From the looks of things and what some McKenzie folks were saying, Union City out conditioned the Rebels especially once they hit the field for the second round of 1st teams playing. The "B" teams played in the middle to give breaks for the starters. I was more impressed with Union City and "disapointed" in what McKenzie was showing. Farely clean game. Union City came out throwing the ball and did very well. A couple of newcomers have added to the offense of the Tornadoes and may have some freshmen to step up and add to the lo numbers. Just a report.

If what you say is true McKenzie might be in for a long half friday night. From what I heard of the PC/UC scrim UC wasn't even in the same league as PC.

If what you say is true McKenzie might be in for a long half friday night. From what I heard of the PC/UC scrim UC wasn't even in the same league as PC.

True..but P C has a D 1 Q B....makes a difference and they didn't loose hardly anyone. No Matter who wins in the west...NO ONE will get by P C...That's a fact. They best the falcons last year as bad as any team was beaten during the playoffs in all 6 Classifications. Should be interesting. McKenzie just didn't seem like the teams of the past.

True..but P C has a D 1 Q B....makes a difference and they didn't loose hardly anyone. No Matter who wins in the west...NO ONE will get by P C...That's a fact. They best the falcons last year as bad as any team was beaten during the playoffs in all 6 Classifications. Should be interesting. McKenzie just didn't seem like the teams of the past.

Good report...Maybe the beatings UC took last Thursday opened some eyes on the team...

I have come to believe some folks take these scrimmages to serious. Coaches are placing players and trying to position them. We'll see what as what when the bell ring!

Edited by zebra99

I have come to believe some folks take these scrimmages to serious. Coaches are placing players and trying to position them. We'll see what as what when the bell ring!

I don't know how you make a rational decision on how a team is going to be after they have been going through 4 days of three-a-day in this heat, 200 miles from home, stop on the way home and scrimmage a supposedly top-notch 1A program in the AM then scrimmage a supposedly top notch 5A team in the PM...That's why I don' put too much stock in what happened last Thursday...Union City is not that bad and Perry County isn't that good (as in 11 TD's to 2 over UC)...UC is still not very deep and that was a heckuva lot to throw on them...