alcoa

SweetScience

Hey I've got a 6 year old stud, well I think he's gonna be pretty good, I mean he can't play until fall of 2012 because of his birthday but when we get out in the yard he looks pretty good to me. My question is who do I need to contact about getting a car or job or something? Can Alcoas director of recruiting match starz garbage service? these are just some questions I need answered before he commits anywhere.

As most of you know I'm a Rebel fan at heart however I do pull for the F5 14 weeks a year, yes I hate getting beat by Alcoa but if there is one thing good that comes out of it its that this bovine feces gets directed towards you guys for a couple of years. LOLOLOLOLOL

No one denies we have students from out of the district. They pay tuition and qualify. All legit, as it always has been. Some of them even play football, many others simply attend school at Alcoa.

However, we do not have coaches calling 10 year old kids and try to get them to Alcoa.

Tuition????? No district restrictions????? Allegations of recruiting????? Sounds a whole lot more like a Division II school than either a public or a Division I private. Forget playing a 6A schedule, come on over and play a DII AA schedule!! When you play and beat BA, Baylor, BGA, Christian Brothers, Ensworth, Father Ryan, MBA, McCallie, MUS, etc. every year, you won't have to defend your schedule against anyone.

Edited by RedRobin

Tuition????? No district restrictions????? Allegations of recruiting????? Sounds a whole lot more like a Division II school than either a public or a Division I private. Forget playing a 6A schedule, come on over and play a DII AA schedule!! When you play and beat BA, Baylor, BGA, Christian Brothers, Ensworth, Father Ryan, MBA, McCallie, MUS, etc. every year, you won't have to defend your schedule against anyone.

Just what I've been waiting on .... Maryville & Alcoa begs you guys to play us , offers money .... no takers .... now you have the nerve to even mention Schedule ..... What a joke ... you just stay where you're at and keep winning your imaginary games , but don't even think about bringing up Maryville & Alcoa after hearing for years and years how bad the private schools would beat us ... only to run and hide when the offer is put on the table .

do you guys think if alcoa would have played a 6a schedule throughout the whole year that they still woulda won it this year? just fantasizing them being in 6a this year and wondering if they still coulda ran the table?

myself, i think they still could have, just me though... thoughts?

Alcoa is/was the best team in the state. Nuff said :thumb:

Just what I've been waiting on .... Maryville & Alcoa begs you guys to play us , offers money .... no takers .... now you have the nerve to even mention Schedule ..... What a joke ... you just stay where you're at and keep winning your imaginary games , but don't even think about bringing up Maryville & Alcoa after hearing for years and years how bad the private schools would beat us ... only to run and hide when the offer is put on the table .

Knock it off already - I am so sick of this and am calling you out on it. If you are close with Alcoa/Rankin and/or Maryville/Quarles, you know the facts surrounding the "Blount County Bowl invitations", so why do you keep misrepresenting the truth? Or perhaps you are not "in the know", so you just keep repeating the same old tired rumours in some shabby attempt to hype your team. Take my word for it - neither Alcoa nor Maryville needs dishonest hype -I do not understand how you cannot see that such behavior is in no one's best interest. For any who care to hear some objective facts regarding the "offer" from which a couple of D-IIs "ran and hid":

The Blount County schools did extend an invitation to MBA and Ensworth to play against Alcoa and Maryville in Blount County (both games at Alcoa one year and at Maryville in the other year) in both 2011 and 2012. The offer did not include the BC teams travelling to Nashville for return games. Somewhat intrigued, both Ensworth and MBA agreed (after, I am sure, swooning in fear) to travel to BC in 2011 if the BC teams would agree to travel to Nashville in 2012. Moreover, MBA and Ensworth proposed that some of the proceeds of the Nashville game would be donated to charity. The BC teams refused. Thus, no deal; the BC teams went on their way and worked out their schedule with others as did Ensworth and MBA. No big deal really - stuff happens when schedules are put together. Unfortunately, a couple fans of Alcoa and, to a lesser extent, Maryville, started attacking the D-IIs, saying in essence that they were offered the games and were "afraid" to take them. This has led to many posts such as yours, accusing these schools of "running and hiding". That is clearly not the reason the games were not scheduled. I have not heard anyone suggesting that the BC schools were "afraid" to come to Nashville in 2012 or that they had something against donating the proceeds to charity. That would be as ridiculous as what we are continually hearing from these select BC fans.

Just so ya know, Ensworth, with a student population of about 400 (half boys/half girls), played their two out-of-district games the last two years against Smyrna and Oakland. Just so ya know, Ensworth's record in those 4 games stands at 3-1. You sound just plain dumb if you accuse a program like that of fear in scheduling. Especially when you make up stuff in an attempt to discredit them. Tennessee is big enough for both of us - I have no problem with what appears to your infatuation with claiming superiority for one group of 15-18 year old boys over all others, but I do have a problem when you spread lies about other schools to feed your ego.

I have played no imaginary games - is it fun? Nor have I, or any other Ensworth fan of whom I am aware, ever suggested that we would beat anyone we have not played. Ensworth has only played varsity football for 4 years, so your reference to D-IIs that have been disrespecting your programs for "years and years" must not apply to Ensworth. Best wishes to your teams in the future - I hope it works out that we can play against each other some day, but unlike most of the BC fans that I have seen on these boards, I will wait until the game is played and over to determine who wins. Moreover, I will understand that the actual outcome of any such game is secondary to the process of preparing to play it.

Happy holidays to all.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Upvote 1

Oh my goodness Hamburger Man - can you only imagine how good Alcoa and Maryville would be if they DID recuit?

do you guys think if alcoa would have played a 6a schedule throughout the whole year that they still woulda won it this year? just fantasizing them being in 6a this year and wondering if they still coulda ran the table?

myself, i think they still could have, just me though... thoughts?

The only game they MIGHT HAVE lost would've been the rematch with Maryville in the state semi-finals. Besides that, yes, they would've won state in 6A......this year.