Trezevant's behavior at State...Deplorable!

visionaire

What has the TSSAA done about this situation :popcorneater:

The big question is what have school administrators done? Rest assured, T$$AA will take the "necessary measures" to ensure the gate for next years 4A game is better. I'll bet some creative seeding will be in order. Look for that side of the bracket to go through middle Tennesse next year.

The big question is what have school administrators done? Rest assured, T$$AA will take the "necessary measures" to ensure the gate for next years 4A game is better. I'll bet some creative seeding will be in order. Look for that side of the bracket to go through middle Tennesse next year.

Yep Barb. Maplewood should have been the #1 seed in pod #3. They set Lexington up but Thug High spoiled the plans. I know the t$$aa just loved those 27 fans that showed up :roflolk:

What has the TSSAA done about this situation :popcorneater:

This was in today's Greeneville Sun:

The TSSAA has apparently contacted Memphis Trezevant to tell them they were not happy with the way the Bears conducted themselves at Cookeville last week in the championship game against Greeneville.

The TSSAA reportedly expects Trezevant to take some sort of action against their football team in light of the unsportsmanlike antics. The Bears were penalized 16 times in the ball game, six times for personal fouls. Their fouls included obviously intentional roughing of the place-kicker and holder, and players were even going into Greeneville's huddle.

One Trezevant player was ejected from the game, but there appeared to be a total lack of control of the athletes on the sidelines.

Trezevant Coach Teli White is also the school's athletic director, so any action the school decides to take would probably have to be decided by higher people in the administration or the school system, but the TSSAA has told the school they do expect some action, and if the school doesn't respond, the TSSAA will.

The TSSAA has apparently contacted Memphis Trezevant to tell them they were not happy with the way the Bears conducted themselves at Cookeville last week in the championship game against Greeneville.

The TSSAA reportedly expects Trezevant to take some sort of action against their football team in light of the unsportsmanlike antics. The Bears were penalized 16 times in the ball game, six times for personal fouls. Their fouls included obviously intentional roughing of the place-kicker and holder, and players were even going into Greeneville's huddle.

One Trezevant player was ejected from the game, but there appeared to be a total lack of control of the athletes on the sidelines.

Trezevant Coach Teli White is also the school's athletic director, so any action the school decides to take would probably have to be decided by higher people in the administration or the school system, but the TSSAA has told the school they do expect some action, and if the school doesn't respond, the TSSAA will.

Good ... Trezevant should be given a post season ban at the very least . If they don't qualify next year , then it should carry over till they do . I think the Coach/athletic director should be given the boot too , it was obvious his actions and demeanor was provoking his kids to act in such a cowardly way.

Good ... Trezevant should be given a post season ban at the very least . If they don't qualify next year , then it should carry over till they do . I think the Coach/athletic director should be given the boot too , it was obvious his actions and demeanor was provoking his kids to act in such a cowardly way.

It is highly unlikely that White will get anything but congratulations for his silver ball from anyone from Memphis City Schools. And I bet TSSAA doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to persue sanctions. They are more like to screw Trezevant in more subtle ways....

Great ..thanks for the info..here in Middle Tennessee(home of the T$$AA nothing is being reported) Been in coaching a long time and have never seen such behavior at a State Champioship Event..the Coach/AD at Trezevant is a joke!!! Just following this story to see what our leaders at the T$$AA are doing about this situation that all saw on PBS.

Great ..thanks for the info..here in Middle Tennessee(home of the T$$AA nothing is being reported) Been in coaching a long time and have never seen such behavior at a State Champioship Event..the Coach/AD at Trezevant is a joke!!! Just following this story to see what our leaders at the T$$AA are doing about this situation that all saw on PBS.

Since the TSSAA has not acted expeditiously with the affairs of the state championship game, we the Clinton administration have decided to pull rank and handle this at our level. It will be a simple punishment and it will be as follows:

1. Because Trezevant represents Memphis we have decided to move Graceland to Greenville. We will transport the King's remains and spell his middle name correctly when we get him there.

2. The Trezevant Head Coach will be fired or will travel to Greeneville where he will apologize to all of Greeneville .

3. Taylor Swift will go on PBS and say,"Bernard Childress hates white people" It won't matter that it isn't true This is the punishment in America for not acting as quickly as we want them to.

Vote Hillary in 2012

Edited by HillaryandBill

Since the TSSAA has not acted expeditiously with the affairs of the state championship game, we the Clinton administration have decided to pull rank and handle this at our level. It will be a simple punishment and it will be as follows:

1. Because Trezevant represents Memphis we have decided to move Graceland to Greenville. We will transport the King's remains and spell his middle name correctly when we get him there.

2. The Trezevant Head Coach will be fired or will travel to Greeneville where he will apologize to all of Greeneville .

3. Taylor Swift will go on PBS and say,"Bernard Childress hates white people" It won't matter that it isn't true This is the punishment in America for not acting as quickly as we want them to.

Vote Hillary in 2012

LOL Now thats funny. However I dont think Hillary will get my vote. Becareful what you say. From what Ive seen on this thread. They Can't Handle the Truth. Its not going to Memphis and losing Its going there and winning that causes the uproars. State Championship Is a prime example. Each Time Ive been the team I was with won. HAvent been in a long time but it still looks like nothing has changed. Shame on you Coach White.

Edited by BigSwo

Where to start. I was actually there for the 6A game. I was very impressed with the Greenville team. I was very disappointed with the Trezevant teams action and the lack of action from the coaching staff.

Now here's where I get into trouble. I was also very disappointed with the taunting by the Greenville team. You have to rise above another teams actions and not lower yourselves to the other teams level. No excuse for it. Great win. A little tainted by your actions. Just somethingto think about.

Congratulations Greenville on your championship.

Where to start. I was actually there for the 6A game. I was very impressed with the Greenville team. I was very disappointed with the Trezevant teams action and the lack of action from the coaching staff.

Now here's where I get into trouble. I was also very disappointed with the taunting by the Greenville team. You have to rise above another teams actions and not lower yourselves to the other teams level. No excuse for it. Great win. A little tainted by your actions. Just somethingto think about.

Congratulations Greenville on your championship.

Interesting to read the post, but just had to respond to this one.

I was not only at the game with my son, but taped it as well. Since the game was pretty much decided in the first quarter, where was the taunting by GreenEville. I want to see who that player was and trust me, Coach Ballard will take care of it. I still have the video and will be more than happy to call it to his attention. There may have been some fatigue on the part of the Greeneville players since most games ended the way this one did, and for the most part, the Greeneville starters were on the sidelines midway through the 2nd quarter or definitely by halftime.

This was Greeneville's second trip to the state finals. Last year unfortunately came up short and I didn't see any action like Trezevant from the Greeneville players or coaches last year. Whether anything is done to the Memphis school or not, they were a good team, unfortunately they were just outplayed, out coached and outmanned. The Gold Ball is resting where it belongs this year.

Interesting to read the post, but just had to respond to this one.

I was not only at the game with my son, but taped it as well. Since the game was pretty much decided in the first quarter, where was the taunting by GreenEville. I want to see who that player was and trust me, Coach Ballard will take care of it. I still have the video and will be more than happy to call it to his attention. There may have been some fatigue on the part of the Greeneville players since most games ended the way this one did, and for the most part, the Greeneville starters were on the sidelines midway through the 2nd quarter or definitely by halftime.

This was Greeneville's second trip to the state finals. Last year unfortunately came up short and I didn't see any action like Trezevant from the Greeneville players or coaches last year. Whether anything is done to the Memphis school or not, they were a good team, unfortunately they were just outplayed, out coached and outmanned. The Gold Ball is resting where it belongs this year.

The only think that remotely resembles taunting was early 4th quarter, when Trezevant was totally coming unglued, some Greeneville players were pointing at the scoreboard and their ring fingers. The coaching staff quickly got it under control...but heck, they desereved to gloat a bit.