Cleveland Duals

JBoskenUSAW

That is good news indeed as Cilimberg seemed like a good kid from my limited interaction with him. It will only serve to help make the CBHS, Cleveland, Franklin pool a little more interesting.

I'll defend my new pal Knepper. He is indeed correct that Cilimberg should be back this weekend. He should be entered into NWCA by the end of the day.

Also, the statement is correct that he had surgery this summer. Quite an incredible story, that I am hoping to get in print sometime soon. Truly speaks to the heart of a champion about what this young man has just overcome, not to mention what he's dealt with for the last 7 years that he's wrestled.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semantics, some opinions are ridiculous, some ludicrous, some with no support or basis, others well founded, based on facts....however, you want to term it. But the likelihood of FR or McCallie beating Collins Hill is right up there with your meteor example.

I'll take the field plus 30 against Collins Hill. My opinion is that you will not give me this bet , but if you do then as they say " man I can't believe bcb iii :flower: got that fool to bet ' or something like that.

If not for opinions, then only Sir ghouse would be posting and God knows as smart as he is, he can't carry this board.

Why all the negative vibes thrown out at wrestling god?? All the boy is doing is expressing what he thinks will happen in a sport where anything can happen. Sure he gets fired up but heck so did babybearsmom at me and now we eat lunch together every 5th thurs of the month. So lighten up and be happy.

bcb iii :flower:

ps... weren't you the one who got mad at me for calling the jv div the jv div??? Now you are saying none of our teams are good enough to compete with the best team money can buy( sorry rmc)

Edited by bear cat brown

I'll take the field plus 30 against Collins Hill. My opinion is that you will not give me this bet , but if you do then as they say " man I can't believe bcb iii :flower: got that fool to bet ' or something like that.

If not for opinions, then only Sir ghouse would be posting and God knows as smart as he is, he can't carry this board.

Why all the negative vibes thrown out at wrestling god?? All the boy is doing is expressing what he thinks will happen in a sport where anything can happen. Sure he gets fired up but heck so did babybearsmom at me and now we eat lunch together every 5th thus of the month. So lighten up and be happy.

ps... weren't you the one who got mad at me for calling the jv div the jv div??? Now you are saying none of our teams are good enough to compete with the best team money can buy( sorry rmc)

I'll take your 30 points...that's about 20 point cushion off last years scores. There's always the risk that CH starts wrestling some JV, but they also usually have a lot of depth to go with the starters. No negatives vibes, but there is generally a big difference between teams ranked nationally and the rest of the field. I am all for opinions, but suggest taking a look at the CH lineup...Russell, Ferguson-Mitchell, Partridge, Rickman, Holbert, Bennett, Bradtmueller...its like an Atlanta all star team. :)

That's kind of funny on the JV division...I am not a "D1" or "D2" guy, but don't see the point in devaluing either division. Tell you what though, if they really are the JV division, then shouldn't Soddy Daisy or Cleveland be your vote to easily take out McCallie, FR and CBHS? Will you give me 30 points on those matches? Lol.

That's kind of funny on the JV division...I am not a "D1" or "D2" guy, but don't see the point in devaluing either division. Tell you what though, if they really are the JV division, then shouldn't Soddy Daisy or Cleveland be your vote to easily take out McCallie, FR and CBHS? Will you give me 30 points on those matches? Lol.

Yes I do think that SODDY BY GOD and CLEVELAND will prevail but you said that the money team would beat everyone by 30.

So do we have a bet?

So what you're telling me is neither a D1 or jv. So you go both ways??

Yes I do think that SODDY BY GOD and CLEVELAND will prevail but you said that the money team would beat everyone by 30.

So do we have a bet?

So what you're telling me is neither a D1 or jv. So you go both ways??

We definitely have a bet.

Do you not see the inconsistency in thinking? Your opinion appears to be that D1 is better than JV, but you are not willing to give 30 points on any of these D1 vs JV matches? I am willing to give up 30 points on CH versus the field and so what should the CH guys be calling TN wrestling? Does that sting a little? It should--which is why I suggest calling them just D1 and D2 and not belittling either.

Back to the original point--I hope I am wrong on the CH vs. the field, but don't think so. As they say in Missouri---show me.

We definitely have a bet.

Do you not see the inconsistency in thinking? Your opinion appears to be that D1 is better than JV, but you are not willing to give 30 points on any of these D1 vs JV matches? I am willing to give up 30 points on CH versus the field and so what should the CH guys be calling TN wrestling? Does that sting a little?

Better means by 1 or 30. I'm just a hellll of alot better gambler than you.

CH better call us whatever we want them to call us, they be staying in Bradley Co and things can happen to a team or ind. in Bradley, I know..

As for Collins Hill being in a rebuilding year, they have youth multi natl champ at 103 who barely lost 5-3 to the #5 kid in the country last weekend. At 112 they've got Ferguson, state & national champ. 112 is Partridge, 2x GA state champ. 130 state runner up. 135 state placer. 140 Brandtmueller-3rd Southeast Regionals, 3rd last weekend at Cougar Invitational(tougher than any TN, GA, or FL State). 152, 160, & HWT all placed at the cougar invitational last weekend. 189 state champ, powerade placer, toshiba midwest classic placer. 215 2x ga state placer, won the cougar last weekend.

Who's suppose to beat them? McCallie? Baylor? Opinions are 1 thing. Everyone is entitled to one, but realistic predictions are another. I hope 1 of the TN teams challenges Collins Hill, but I don't see it. If any of the dual margins are less than 20 points I will be pleasantly suprised.

I'm sure my 1st post on this board didn't win me any friends :)

Why all the negative vibes thrown out at wrestling god?? All the boy is doing is expressing what he thinks will happen in a sport where anything can happen. Sure he gets fired up but heck so did babybearsmom at me and now we eat lunch together every 5th thus of the month. So lighten up and be happy.

Now now BCB, I know I have told you that you can stop sucking up to me. After all, even I get to post an opinion every now and then (though I do try and limit it, experience has taught me that... not to mention these are kids and very touchy coaches we are discussing ;) ).

We only got beat by 40 last year against Collins Hill. If we get the opportunity for a re-match (which would likely only occur in the finals) then I am hoping we can put up a more respectable showing this year as the face of both teams has changed somewhat. However, I will state that I have crunched the math on some of the potential dual meet match-ups and I am not sure any of the TN teams can come within striking distance of Collins Hill (much like last year) but crazy things can happen... I mean look at the plain and simple fact that they let someone like you talk on here!

Edited by ghouse

Now now BCB, I know I have told you that you can stop sucking up to me. After all, even I get to post an opinion every now and then (though I do try and limit it, experience has taught me that... not to mention these are kids and very touchy coaches we are discussing ;) ).

We only got beat by 40 last year against Collins Hill. If we get the opportunity for a re-match (which would likely only occur in the finals) then I am hoping we can put up a more respectable showing this year as the face of both teams has changed somewhat. However, I will state that I have crunched the math on some of the potential dual meet match-ups and I am not sure any of the TN teams can come within striking distance of Collins Hill (much like last year) but crazy things can happen... I mean look at the plain and simple fact that they let someone like you talk on here!

G----What about an All Star Team of TN wrestlers from those attending the Cleveland Duals against Collins Hill? Which is by the way coached by a hometown friend of mind.