Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Dear biscuit: Thanks for you opinion!

You do know this is the 4th State Championsip in SMHS history right?

I guess we moved the girls golf team and volleyball team into the area too.

Can you tell me where G.Morgan played before SMHS?

We did have some transfers but I think our biggest sucess has been our coaching staff in football.

With four state titles, Signal Mountain is tied for 17th statewide for most championships in all sports since 2000 and the school is already tied for 32nd all-time in the TSSAA for the most state titles by one school.

I did know that SM had other state titles but football and girls golf and volleyball aren't really on the same level in my humble opinion.

I'm not sure where he played before Signal. I know he was there during the JV year though.

I agree that Signal has a solid coaching staff but coaches don't score touchdowns or make tackles.

I hate going on about it because it's the same old story over and over and no one is going to do anything about anything anyway. But it's helpful to get everything out on the table so people have all the angles to look at.

I'm glad SMMHS has had such success so early. That's great. What concerns me is the fanbase is turning off others who don't support SM because the fans are so prone to brag about the school'a achievements. Other successful schools don't spend anywhere near as much time on here bragging about how successful they are. I think the old advise "Act like you've been here before" is particularly appropriate.

Believe me, people have already taken notice of the wonderful accomplishments of the school--you don't need to boast about it.

Sorry, I am truely sorry. It was just that we (I) have waited so long for this. I will try to be better!

Sorry, I am truely sorry. It was just that we (I) have waited so long for this. I will try to be better!

Don't let them bust yer chops rmwr... Your team is 2a STATE CHAMPS!!! On Coacht you are allowed to boast, brag, talk trash and otherwise make a complete nuisance of yourself... Besides moving up to 4a might delay the next one for a bit.

Don't let them bust yer chops rmwr... Your team is 2a STATE CHAMPS!!! On Coacht you are allowed to boast, brag, talk trash and otherwise make a complete nuisance of yourself... Besides moving up to 4a might delay the next one for a bit.

Thanks, barb In that case, all y'all better watch out next year! WE ARE COMIN! HA HA:roflol:

Thanks, barb In that case, all y'all better watch out next year! WE ARE COMIN! HA HA:roflol:

Better ask them folks in Memphis what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...(seriously. I read that in a pre-game article in the Memphis paper) Lookin forward to some competition from Chattanooga...4a this year from over there was a bit down. And the ones y'all have aren't much fun to jaw with.

Better ask them folks in Memphis what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...(seriously. I read that in a pre-game article in the Memphis paper) Lookin forward to some competition from Chattanooga...4a this year from over there was a bit down. And the ones y'all have aren't much fun to jaw with.

Well I don't think we are "unstoppable" and I did see what happen to the Memphis bunch. I hope we can get to play y'all in the playoffs. Remember we are just a little ole 2A school that grew too much.

I guess we have found someone close to Price if not himself. If your games are boring schedule harder teams. If Coach Price is the end to all ends, why didn't he win championships at the other schools he coached? Yes Coach Price is a good coach but, Sm has some goods atheltes for him to coach.

"I will say that Price is a grow your own man": come on what are you trying to sell? Nothing against Whitwell but, let him coach there two or three years and see if he wins a Gold Ball.

TCA was not bigger than SM either.

The only thing BLOWIN IS YOU.

Price will win anywhere he goes, especially under the current competitive conditions. I watched the State Champions play prior to his coming here.....they were terrible, nobody could get in a good stance, they all stood straight up when the ball was hiked. Nobody made contact hard enough to break an egg shell......they looked allot like Red Bank does now...... You know less about football than you do fornicating.

• Upvote 1

I did know that SM had other state titles but football and girls golf and volleyball aren't really on the same level in my humble opinion.

I'm not sure where he played before Signal. I know he was there during the JV year though.

I agree that Signal has a solid coaching staff but coaches don't score touchdowns or make tackles.

I hate going on about it because it's the same old story over and over and no one is going to do anything about anything anyway. But it's helpful to get everything out on the table so people have all the angles to look at.

The JV year was his 1st year playing football.

I'm not doubting that kids transfer to schools and want to play football. But it's not everyday that you get kids transfer in that end up being Mr. Football nominees (Gervell Morgan) and State Championship game MVP's (Donnie Garner). I don't think it's "ridiculous" to wonder how a school went from non-existence to state championship caliber in 3 years, one of those years playing a JV schedule. I also KNOW that the majority of schools AROUND THE UNITED STATES have strength and conditioning programs. If this was the recipe for getting state championships then wouldn't every school have one???

I considered myself a hard worker in high school and college as well and if it was all about hard work then a lot of young men I know and played with would have state championship rings but in the end, it comes down to talent. And Signal Mountain has apparently come up with some 2A State Championship caliber talent in 3 years.

Whether they do it by illegal or legal (according to TSSAA) methods, I don't know for sure. BUT I do know, for a fact, that you have kids that played significant minutes on the team that do not live on Signal Mountain or the surrounding area. How they got there? I don't know. That's all I'm getting at. I would fully support Signal Mountain if I thought they were playing by the rules. I think it is great for Chattanooga to have good teams again and consistant playoff and state championship contenders but some things don't add up in my opinion. I won't even mention the whole "Cover Up" Scandal. But that is just my opinion.

I here what your saying.....Ijust don't think that is a relative argument anymore....especially when you consider scholarship recipients at private school's. Which incidentally is what got all this school jumping started, along with integration (ie majority to minority transfers). As for weight programs...your right everybody has one, but they don't all use them the same. I've see Signal workout....it brutal by anybodys standards. After 2 years of it I hardly recognize many of them, and I don't think any of them are juicing. They are not huge looking just hard and strong looking. We had weights at my High School. I can tell you that as a group we did not lift as hard as the competition. I played high school ball in the same region as Valdosta, in terms of conditioning they had men. Prices programs is very similar to theirs, they too showed up at 5 am lifted and ate breakfast at school. The only part of these controversies that ticks me off, are the implications that our team has not worked, and therefore are undeserving.... Anybody who suggests that is a fraud, and besmirches the names of innocent kids who have done nothing but live, eat and breath football. It ain't right