Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

you do realize sissy mountain optioned up to 4a because they are a weak classification, right? :rolleyes::roflolk:

sissy mountain went to 4A because of one reason Alcoa was in 3A. Alcoa is the best team in the State of Tennessee but overall 4A is just as strong if not stronger than 3A.

Hey Wipes, we do talk a big game and our players have backed it up by winning a State Title in only our second varsity year. You have said we admitted being scared and afraid to play Alcoa can you please copy that quote from our coach I've looked for it and can't find it. What our coach did say was we thought it was best to play in 4A because of Alcoa. That isn't being scared or afraid that's being smart.

Skipping a classification because of ONE team is being scared lol. Yes it was a smart decision but still doesn't mean you were any less scared to play Alcoa. You can be both smart and scared.

So if their parents don't let them play sports they don't have to pay? That’s what you just stated....Parents can choose to pay for a better education not just athletics like you try to play it out to be. I attended Greeneville City Schools since Kindergarten and my parents had no clue if I was going to play sports at Greeneville. I know at Greeneville there is a large waiting list for kids to get into the school system and that is for the elementary schools. They also can reject kids from attending GHS and kick them out for bad behavior and this has happened too. Most notable was Greeneville's All-Time passing leader who had to move into the city limits to even attend GHS

Oh, a large waiting list. So who decides on which students get in and what is the selection criteria? You know it would be interesting to see how many of the tuition paying students are athletes vs non-athletes. I can't help but wonder if it would be a similar percentage as the non-tuition students.

Oh, a large waiting list. So who decides on which students get in and what is the selection criteria? You know it would be interesting to see how many of the tuition paying students are athletes vs non-athletes. I can't help but wonder if it would be a similar percentage as the non-tuition students.

It depends on how many kids graduate, move, etc. There has been less and less tuition students that attend GHS because all the county high schools offer AP courses and also have a band program now. When I was there we had no new tuition students come in that had not been in the athletic program since 6th grade or before. I bet there are more tuition paying students in the GHS Band or Chorus than there are on the Football team.

sissy mountain went to 4A because of one reason Alcoa was in 3A. Alcoa is the best team in the State of Tennessee but overall 4A is just as strong if not stronger than 3A.

4a is stronger than 3a,now that we are here.just wait,you greeneville people will see.you guys have one championship in school history and it will be the last as long as the eagles are in 4a.Deal with it!

4a is stronger than 3a,now that we are here.just wait,you greeneville people will see.you guys have one championship in school history and it will be the last as long as the eagles are in 4a.Deal with it!

I have said nothing but positive things about Signal Mountain in the past, but I feel this needs to be said. If Signal Mountain thinks they will have a cakewalk to a 4A championship, then they will be sadly mistaken. Can SM win the championship? Sure, but they are going to have to beat some really good teams to do it. I refuse to talk trash because it serves no purpose in my opinion, but I do have full faith in Greeneville’s ability to repeat as 4A champs. The Devils should be very good again this year, and should be considered the favorite to win it all again.

You Better tell your sissy mountain boys to strap it up tight then! :hungry:

Edited by Swipes

Troll, lets get back on the subject of football. I heard a rumor that JP looked good at the Vandy camp and that Reese looked good at the Duke camp. What have you been hearing.

Also do you have a listing of teams that will be here for our 7 on 7?

Don't know bout the 7 on 7 competition yet, but I'll try to find out. Should be some good competition though.

All the fellers been workin hard, and been getting good reports from the skills camps. I hear the D1 coaches have already taken notice of Reese. Met McClendon the other day. He's a hoss. I'd hate to have to tackle that boy. No doubt the offense will be explosive again this year.

These guys are so fired up, they're actually chompin at the bit to start two a days.:thumb:

reason 1; alcoa is in 3A,

reason 2: weaker/easier path to 4A championship (including the greenville green dollars devils) :mrgreen:

you can keep posting and saying "it is what it aint" but, the fact remains the same, it is what it is. :roflolk: