Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

State Championship pedestal??? Signal won those championships in SINGLE A and DOUBLE AA,while they had AAA numbers. that's like a 200 pound kid beating up a 100 pound kid. WOW THAT'S SOMETHING

We only have the one Football Championship in Double A in only the third season of having a school and football program. How many does your team have? According to comments by Mike Keith, 193 Schools have never had one, regardless of size. We had around 50-55 kids on the team Last year. That's about the same we had the year before and the first year of JV. How many did your team have? My understanding last year was that East Hamilton, also a new school, had the largest enrollment of any Hamilton County School which should place them in 6A but played 4A. How come nobody seems to care or comment about that? Could it be because they have not won alot or do they just get a free pass. We are not the first team to play a season outside their enrollment qualification and I'm sure we won't be the last. But you know what Lancer, we are the 1st team in State history to win a Championship in our 2nd season of varsity play. For a start up program that aint to bad. You keep the focus of hating us and we will keep the focus on winning.

GO EAGLES!!

Let's also see if parents were involved and if either team has a history of such squirmishes.

I will agree the fact we had 1 moron parent involved was a difference and that parent has been dealt with. I don't know if they have a history of fighting or not but from this quote off the thread it sounds like they might "Didn't the same thing happen last year?"

I wasn't there so I have no idea how bad this was but having to separate the teams for 15 minutes is a good indication it was heated. At least with the SM/SD skirmish the teams went right back to playing and at the end lined up and shook hands.

Smokinote I agree these things happen at scrimmages all the time and they really are not that big of deal. Ours was different in the fact there was 1 parent involved and he has been dealt with.

The reason I even posted this was to point out that their are differences in how the media and TSSAA handle things depending of the schools involved. I really don't agree with the one game suspension for the SD coach, unless there were other reason I'm not privy too.

State Championship pedestal??? Signal won those championships in SINGLE A and DOUBLE AA,while they had AAA numbers. that's like a 200 pound kid beating up a 100 pound kid. WOW THAT'S SOMETHING

Funny our enrollment appears to have increased alot from last year to this year and we still are not even close to AAA numbers. If your going to post something at least try to get the facts correct.

We only have the one Football Championship in Double A in only the third season of having a school and football program. How many does your team have? According to comments by Mike Keith, 193 Schools have never had one, regardless of size. We had around 50-55 kids on the team Last year. That's about the same we had the year before and the first year of JV. How many did your team have? My understanding last year was that East Hamilton, also a new school, had the largest enrollment of any Hamilton County School which should place them in 6A but played 4A. How come nobody seems to care or comment about that? Could it be because they have not won alot or do they just get a free pass. We are not the first team to play a season outside their enrollment qualification and I'm sure we won't be the last. But you know what Lancer, we are the 1st team in State history to win a Championship in our 2nd season of varsity play. For a start up program that aint to bad. You keep the focus of hating us and we will keep the focus on winning.

GO EAGLES!!Im not a hater. I know alot of parents and kids that go to signal.And friends with alot of the coaches. just telling the facts.I will be at some of the games this year.Maybe even on the sidelines.

I will agree the fact we had 1 moron parent involved was a difference and that parent has been dealt with. I don't know if they have a history of fighting or not but from this quote off the thread it sounds like they might "Didn't the same thing happen last year?"

I wasn't there so I have no idea how bad this was but having to separate the teams for 15 minutes is a good indication it was heated. At least with the SM/SD skirmish the teams went right back to playing and at the end lined up and shook hands.

Smokinote I agree these things happen at scrimmages all the time and they really are not that big of deal. Ours was different in the fact there was 1 parent involved and he has been dealt with.

The reason I even posted this was to point out that their are differences in how the media and TSSAA handle things depending of the schools involved. I really don't agree with the one game suspension for the SD coach, unless there were other reason I'm not privy too.

I really don’t think the TSSAA is out to get SM. Maybe the reason the TSSAA got involved was other circumstances.

1. Fan/Parent involvement (the paper reported several fans were throwing punches, the SM principal said two fans were involved, and now it’s down to one??)

2. The SM coach was quoted as saying “it was just a good scuffleâ€.

I believe the fan involvement circumstance alone will get the TSSAA attention every time.

I agree that the SD coach shouldn’t be suspended for a game.

Lancer10 I think this was your post "Im not a hater. I know alot of parents and kids that go to signal.And friends with alot of the coaches. just telling the facts.I will be at some of the games this year.Maybe even on the sidelines."

If it is as I said before if your going to say something as fact then get your facts right. A little research goes a long way. We do not now nor have we ever had AAA enrollment. :roflolk:

if that was true you would be in 2aa again.

The TSSAA has three primary classifications for athletics which are A, AA & AAA. For football they split primary the classifications in two. So class A schools are either 1A or 2A in football, class AA is 3A & 4A and class AAA is 5A & 6A. We were in primary class A last year and 2A for football. This year we are in primary class AA and 4A for football. Our enrollment will never be enough to be AAA unless they build another new school.

These are the facts.

and before someone says anything our enrollment is really only big enough to be in 3A for football this year but we are playing up a classification. Please ask why so some people will have something to do. :roflol:

East Hamilton was under the AA limit when the classifications were realigned. That's why they are still in 4A. They will be moving up after this year or next year because they redo the classifications every 2 years. And I think Signal got a "free pass" by playing a JV schedule for 2 years!

Wrong on about everything.

The TSSAA does classifications every 4 years. However they do evaluate them at the midway point and will reclassify if a schools enrollment has increased or decreased by a certain percentage. East Hamilton's enrollment this year would be large enough to put you into 5A for football but the increase in enrollment wasn't a high enough percentage so you stayed in 4A and you will remain in 4A for two years. East Hamilton is the largest 4A school in the state and will be for the next two years. With Signal our enrollment only exceeded the 2A size for one year. So I guess if we use everyones logic that we only won a title because we were bigger than the other schools East Hamilton should win the State the next two seasons. :roflol:

Signal Mountain played 1 year of JV in football and that's because we opened in the middle of a two year football bidding cycle. We could of tried to piece together a schedule with teams the first year. But doing so would have meant every team in the district we were going to be assigned too would have had to drop a game to make room. The TSSAA recommended the path we took as it created the least amount of scheduling turmoil.

At least know something about what you're posting about. :thumb: