East Tn top 10 teams 2011-2012

westrebel2012

baby rebs were very good, peewees didn't make super bowl, and midget super bowl score was no indication of how game went imo.

Nation,

I understand the best player on that baby reb team will actually be an Alcoa High School athlete - unless the garbage service gets to work! He was dominant in that age group...but time will tell.

Greeneville didn't play West during the last two years and Gibbs and Fulton aren't very good teams. Nothing to hang your hat on.

Not talking about WEST HIGH, west of Knoxville the other part of the state! All I heard last year and the year before was how Greeneville would get killed playing teams from KNOX, CHATT, NASH and MEMP. It gets old.

another good thing is the team that won the super bowl (formerly known as Fairview not sure what they are now) had more kids that live in the city than in the county.

If that's the case, we better hope those kids didn't get too far behind in football smarts by playing for a county team - especially when they may have to later compete against other city kids who have 5-6 years in the system.

I have been out of the loop for a few years, but has anyone heard the rumor of an all-star youth team being put together from maryville to play "competitive" football in Knoxville and other cities? From what I saw of the parks/rec league (when my kid was there), it would surely be better for the better football players. At that time, the parks/rec league was simply ridiculously unbalanced - JMO. Has parks/rec ever tried to even out the teams for the benefit of the kids?

Nation,

I understand the best player on that baby reb team will actually be an Alcoa High School athlete - unless the garbage service gets to work! He was dominant in that age group...but time will tell.

strongx.....nevur underesteemait tha pair ov good garbige servuss and a Mairvul Hi Skool ofishull vizit weekend..... :thumb:

The good thing is we have more than one pee wee and midget team in Maryville.

I wouldn't hang my hat on the other Maryville pee wee and midget football team, they haven't done very much winning the last few years. Although they are the champions in one thing, and that is having the ugliest football uniform ever created.

If that's the case, we better hope those kids didn't get too far behind in football smarts by playing for a county team - especially when they may have to later compete against other city kids who have 5-6 years in the system.

I have been out of the loop for a few years, but has anyone heard the rumor of an all-star youth team being put together from maryville to play "competitive" football in Knoxville and other cities? From what I saw of the parks/rec league (when my kid was there), it would surely be better for the better football players. At that time, the parks/rec league was simply ridiculously unbalanced - JMO. Has parks/rec ever tried to even out the teams for the benefit of the kids?

Yeah Strong, I know of a guy that is trying to recruit a team from Blount Co. to play in Knox. I think he plans on recruiting the best kids off of mainly the Raider, Southerner, and Alcoa teams and any others that may be in the county. The kids have to try out to make the team and he will only take about 18 players, 20 at the most. Let me know if you know of any of the more serious kids that want to try out, I will put you in touch with him.