Franklin Invitational

WrestlingGod

Everyone doesn't need to know what happened. If you don't know then you don't need to know. It's between Brennen Cox and the Indy team and coaching staff.

Now thats a bunch of crap. There are lots of readers across the state that like to know the results of events and when you see a forf. in the finals of a tourny!!!!!! Everyone wants some insight as to what happened.

Now thats a bunch of crap. There are lots of readers across the state that like to know the results of events and when you see a forf. in the finals of a tourny!!!!!! Everyone wants some insight as to what happened.

Because it's not my place to gossip about it. If you have any questions contact Coach Grindstaff at jaredg@wcs.edu, if he wants to tell you want happened fine, but it's not my place.

Clarksville dec Overton in the semis. siegel caught Clarksville in a headlock in the finals.

Here are the details of the 112# weight class

Overton(Ind.) beat Tovar(Ant.)

Morrissette(Clark) beat Sizemore(Page)

Singleton(Siegel) beat McCullough(BGA)- (Pinned)

Colorago(Hunt.,AL) beat Bekhtyar(Frkn)

Singleton beat Colorado (Pinned)

Morrissette beat Overton (Dec)

Singleton beat Morrissette (Pinned) for Championship

Colorado beat Overton for 3rd

Bekhtyar finished 5th

Sizemore finished 6th

Great tourney ran perfectly een got done really early always a plus when ur an out of town team like us and I'm glad I finally got to see the Caldwell kid wrestle so I can see what every one was talking bout he's a strong kid but just like the finals match proved technique over strength any day

Not sure if it is true or not, however, I was told that Caldwell was up by 1 with 5 seconds left and his opponent went to throw him out of bounds and Mr. Caldwell hit his head flat on the mat and received a concussion, and then got taken down in the remaining 5 seconds to lose the match. Lots of heart shown by a great wrestler to go out there and finish it with a concussion, keep it up! :thumb:

PRT iii :flower:

Clarksville dec Overton in the semis. siegel caught Clarksville in a headlock in the finals.

I'm extremely proud of Jason, he has been 2nd string for most of the year took advantage of his opportunity and wrestled a great tournament. I could be wrong but I believe Jason did not give up an offensive point in either his simi or finals match. In the finals he started with a takedown, gave up 4 points for 3 consecutive locked hands, cut the kid to bring the match to 4-5 got another takedown, cut to bring it to 6-6 then hit the headthrow to win. Like I said I could be a little off and if so I don't mind if someone can correct it. Again I am really proud of Jason, he represented Siegel well this weekend. Now if he can just handle his nerves a little better and fix the locked hands : )

Im pretty sure he didn't have a concussion and he was down by 1 Pt with 8 seconds left and jeff shot and got a take down and jeff dominated him and did all the wrestling while caldwell didn't shoot or do anything at all he didnt shoot one time the entire tournament the better wrestler won because of technique not strength. If he would have had a concussion or anything wrong with him the injury time would have been called but nothin was wrong

Im pretty sure he didn't have a concussion and he was down by 1 Pt with 8 seconds left and jeff shot and got a take down and jeff dominated him and did all the wrestling while caldwell didn't shoot or do anything at all he didnt shoot one time the entire tournament the better wrestler won because of technique not strength. If he would have had a concussion or anything wrong with him the injury time would have been called but nothin was wrong

I have seen the tape..

1. Caldwell was winning by 1 with those 8 seconds left.

2. When they went out of bounds Caldwell clearly landed flat on his face, and laid there for a good minute, the trainers were for sure called out there.

3. Concussion or not, the last thing as a coach we want you to do is to tell the trainers that you have a concussion, Caldwell got up and wrestled the remaining seconds of the match and got taken down to lose.

4. Not trying to take anything away from Jeff, because he is a phenominal wrestler, who is going to be competing for the title this year, however in my opinion of watching the match, it looked obvious that Mr. Caldwell was stumbling a little while walking back to the middle, and could barely keep his balance.

PRT iii :flower:

Standing approximately 15 feet away from Caldwell when he landed straight on his head, I would agree with Prtiii. In fact, I told WrestlingGod that I believe he probably has a concussion and that the trainers might stop this match.

Good finish by Lamer with 1 second on the clock. I've seen him wrestle twice this year and like his chances at state.

I was proud of Denzel for finishing and am very glad that he didn't get hurt in those last 8 seconds.

Making light of a possible injury like that is irresponsible at best MemphisSoccer.