Catholic Def. Coord?

devilsden

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the same thing, but only through the grapevine. That would not be a bad hire.

Makes sense, Wilhite was DC at William Blount for 'suitcase Scott'. They must have kissed and made up because during the famous leave of absence that 'mobile Meadows' took at WB, Wilhite was the head coach and there ended up being a lot of hard feelings between the two. After Meadows announced he was coming back to WB the following year, Wilhite announced he was leaving for LC. If this is true, Wilhite just made a very stupid move, IMO. After next year he and 'move around Meadows' will be looking for a job. I am really surprised Catholic didn't get ride Meadows after this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last i heard Richie is the DC, Very good coach(not a good bball referee..lol..jk), only question is how long will he and Meadows last together? KCHS football must start winning again at a higher rate or they will run them off over there.

He will definitely jump higher on the sidelines than any DC in Knoxville.LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Last i heard Richie is the DC, Very good coach(not a good bball referee..lol..jk), only question is how long will he and Meadows last together? KCHS football must start winning again at a higher rate or they will run them off over there.

Hey williebgovs04

I also heard the same and also wondered about their longevity. Richie is a very good defensive coach and will get the best from his players. I think if he had stayed the course with defense and had let someone else deal with the offense during his interim head coaching year at WB he might still be the Govs head coach.

I wish both he and Scott well. It will be tough to satisfy some of the Irish faithfull. I think that in the big scheme Catholic is at a big disadvantage. Though they have the means to get some great players its tough to beat 40 to 45 players with 15 to 20 for an entire season. Hope you are doing well. Get a thread going when the Govs start spring practice so I can keep up a little.............

tpoole12

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

that was kevin smith. he went to Georgia with Pemberton for a year and is now at Ensworth where he won another state title

Smith is now DC @ CPA in Nashville. Ingle Martin left as Ensworth OC to become HC & CPA. Nice staff. They'll crank it up with kids like Vic Wharton.