Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

I do recall excatly what ws said. My statement was that DCA is playing better this year without Welch.Speaking to parents and coachesthey agree. We are playing team ball. Last year it was indivdual play not team play. Yes Welch put up some numbers , I watched the games as well.I am not ripping Welch I have said he is a good player. I am only stating our team this year is working much better together.Selfish is what I was told that described the team last year and he was on the team.I know the game very well Mr.Welch.

This sword fight is awesome. Bball fan your points are valid, however extremely confusing.

1. Post #63 - Welch is selfish, better off without him. - He lead your team in scoring and was 2nd in assists.....apparently made the substate with all of this other stuff going on that someone let us in on.

2. Also compared Ross Welch to John Jenkins and the state tournament - While Welch is a nice player, John Jenkins was a blue chip prospect who signed with Vandy.

3. Post #69 - said you weren't a parent.......and then said....."we as parents are entitled to our opinion"

4. Post #72 - better off without him.......and then said.....we will never know because "he quit DCA"

5. Post #75 - he's a very good player......ummm I was only referring to Jenkins and Welch about state......ummm........yeah region titles come first.........So Welch is a good player, who won't help USN get to the top, but was selfish, and you are not a parent..... So basically a kid that averaged 20/game, was 2nd in assists will not help a 14-3 team at USN, nor would help DCA's team because "we will never know" ........

I'm so confused.

This sword fight is awesome. Bball fan your points are valid, however extremely confusing.

1. Post #63 - Welch is selfish, better off without him. - He lead your team in scoring and was 2nd in assists.....apparently made the substate with all of this other stuff going on that someone let us in on.

2. Also compared Ross Welch to John Jenkins and the state tournament - While Welch is a nice player, John Jenkins was a blue chip prospect who signed with Vandy.

3. Post #69 - said you weren't a parent.......and then said....."we as parents are entitled to our opinion"

4. Post #72 - better off without him.......and then said.....we will never know because "he quit DCA"

5. Post #75 - he's a very good player......ummm I was only referring to Jenkins and Welch about state......ummm........yeah region titles come first.........So Welch is a good player, who won't help USN get to the top, but was selfish, and you are not a parent..... So basically a kid that averaged 20/game, was 2nd in assists will not help a 14-3 team at USN, nor would help DCA's team because "we will never know" ........

I'm so confused.

1. We are playing better as a team without him.

2.meaning it takes more than 1 player, it takes the team, not comparing them two as players 1 to 1.saying Jenkins was a great player but to make it to the end it takes the entire team not just 1 awesome player.

3.I am a parent but I do not have children at DCA only nieces and nephews.

4.I do feel our team plays better , yes answered a question saying we would be better with him, we will not know that for sure because he quit DCA. My opinion we are a better team.

5.is a comination of different answers to statements that were made.

So I hope that helps you SmokeStackI.....

Edited by bballfan9009

You are also mistaken bballfan9009. I am a DCA supporter and even have younger grandkids in the school. I liked Welch as a basketball player. I think that this should only be about predictions and scouting rather than attacking some kid online. It is very childish of people to get on here and talk NEGATIVELY about a TEENager when most are grown men. I love seeing DCA playing well but it's not all on the fact that Welch is gone.

I agree... I did not bring Welch into this. I just stated that we are a better UNITED team this year! I have stated several times he is a good player,never said he wasn't.How am I mistaken?

I agree... I did not bring Welch into this. I just stated that we are a better UNITED team this year! I have stated several times he is a good player,never said he wasn't.How am I mistaken?

Good grief...why is it necessary to tear down 15-18 year old kids. We are talking about high school basketball players that have been given a chance or hope to get a chance to play a game. There have already been too many names of kids and parents thrown out here...My intention in beginning this board was and always has been to lift up players and parents...I would hope others would do the same.

If you don't have anything good to say...then don't. It has taken about three weeks to get three pages on this board but in one day...because of all the negativity...three pages in 1/2 day. For you parents who have boys playing...enjoy the moment! Lighten up guys please.

gman

• Upvote 1

I brought Welch into this at post #57. Gymrat62 made a post about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA, and FRA.....and everyone was playing for seeding.....My point was that USN's best player hadn't played yet, and still wouldn't beat USN (which was case) - Post #63 you posted that Welch was selfish, etc. he would take points from other players, etc...- and then on post #72 you posted that he "quit DCA". .........this is how you are mistaken. You used terms, selfish, take points away, and quit on his school all in reference to a particular player.

Now, DCA is playing better as a team. Would they be better with Welch? Most people would say yes, including your boy Geeman. You think no. So are you entitled to your opinion.....sure. But it is extremely confusing. Either you think Welch is a selfish, destructive player to DCA's team.......or you think he will help USN either this season (if they make it that far) or next as you post in the next breath that he is a good player.....Which is it?

Edited by SmokeStackI

I brought Welch into this at post #57. Gymrat62 made a post about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA, and FRA.....and everyone was playing for seeding.....My point was that USN's best player hadn't played yet, and still wouldn't beat USN (which was case) - Post #63 you posted that Welch was selfish, etc. he would take points from other players, etc...- and then on post #72 you posted that he "quit DCA". .........this is how you are mistaken. You used terms, selfish, take points away, and quit on his school all in reference to a particular player.

Now, DCA is playing better as a team. Would they be better with Welch? Most people would say yes, including your boy Geeman. You think no. So are you entitled to your opinion.....sure. But it is extremely confusing. Either you think Welch is a selfish, destructive player to DCA's team.......or you think he will help USN either this season (if they make it that far) or next as you post in the next breath that he is a good player.....Which is it?

I think I would say at this point that Ross Welch will help USN. Whether he would help DCA there has been enough discussion on that already. DCA is obviously solid enough to be at the top of the Division so enough is said there. Enough is enough...let it go and let's try to be more constructive here.

Has anyone heard if the MJCS boy has to sit out?That will really hurt their team if he does. Also does the Ezell coach have to sit out also ? Just curious.

As of right now, Ben Wankel is suspended for the DCA(Friday) and Ezell(Monday) games. I was looking forward to seeing where we stood with them, but I guess that will have to wait.

I brought Welch into this at post #57. Gymrat62 made a post about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA, and FRA.....and everyone was playing for seeding.....My point was that USN's best player hadn't played yet, and still wouldn't beat USN (which was case).

When I posted about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA and FRA being the top 4 and playing for seeding, I wasn't saying that MJCA was the best team. I also said USN could play back in, but they had to win a lot of games with over half of their region schedule remaining. I also think Ross will add to a tough USN team when he can play. He played well at DCA last year for sure.

As for MJCA's schedule, it has been weak up until now and I wish we had played some tougher teams. Our opponents have won 26.2% of their games according to CoachT. But you play the schedule you got.

But what about these:

Lausanne 35.4%

Ezell 39.7%

St. George's 39.9%

USJ 40.9%

ECS 42.4%

And the toughest are:

Riverside 75%

Rossville 59.2%

Harding 59%

King's 55.5%

Webb(Knoxville) 55.4%

I don't hear people saying that the only reason Lausanne, Ezell, St. George's or ECS are at the top of the standings is their weak schedules. Or that Riverside is a lot better than their record indicates. DCA has played one of the tougher schedules and has beaten FRA and Ezell and have earned bragging rights. But there are still some tough games to be played and each one is important.

Good Luck Saints tomorrow and Monday. I wish Ben could play.