Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

That is a shame. Good luck to yall.

Thanks for the sentiment. It's a shame that an official can make a call on one play and a player is suspended for 2 games and there is virtually nothing that you can do about it, because it is a judgement call. He was making an outlet pass and turned with the ball under his chin to throw the ball and the USN player was there. I don't know if he made contact, but the player didn't leave the game. In the girls game, a USN player punched a MJCA player during a pause in play, broke her nose in 2 places, chipped a tooth, required 5 stitches and she got the same suspension. Oh and later she showed up in the same ER, because her hand was hurt.

Thanks for the sentiment. It's a shame that an official can make a call on one play and a player is suspended for 2 games and there is virtually nothing that you can do about it, because it is a judgement call. He was making an outlet pass and turned with the ball under his chin to throw the ball and the USN player was there. I don't know if he made contact, but the player didn't leave the game. In the girls game, a USN player punched a MJCA player during a pause in play, broke her nose in 2 places, chipped a tooth, required 5 stitches and she got the same suspension. Oh and later she showed up in the same ER, because her hand was hurt.

Wow that is a rough night!

I would say the reason people do not get on the teams you have listed is that they have had alot of success within their respective basketball programs. Lausanne and St. George (State title last year) both have recently had players who are now playing in the NBA, ECS is good year in and year out, USJ has been good recently and has a really talented player in the Glover kid. Ezell won a title in the late 90's but really haven't done a whole lot since. On the other hand, MJCA has historically had a bad athletics program. Playing Pleasant View Christian, Carroll Academy, Riverside, and Currey Ingram twice a year doesn't look good either. To get respect the coaching staff over their is gonna have to start scheduling a little better than that.

When I posted about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA and FRA being the top 4 and playing for seeding, I wasn't saying that MJCA was the best team. I also said USN could play back in, but they had to win a lot of games with over half of their region schedule remaining. I also think Ross will add to a tough USN team when he can play. He played well at DCA last year for sure.

As for MJCA's schedule, it has been weak up until now and I wish we had played some tougher teams. Our opponents have won 26.2% of their games according to CoachT. But you play the schedule you got.

But what about these:

Lausanne 35.4%

Ezell 39.7%

St. George's 39.9%

USJ 40.9%

ECS 42.4%

And the toughest are:

Riverside 75%

Rossville 59.2%

Harding 59%

King's 55.5%

Webb(Knoxville) 55.4%

I don't hear people saying that the only reason Lausanne, Ezell, St. George's or ECS are at the top of the standings is their weak schedules. Or that Riverside is a lot better than their record indicates. DCA has played one of the tougher schedules and has beaten FRA and Ezell and have earned bragging rights. But there are still some tough games to be played and each one is important.

Good Luck Saints tomorrow and Monday. I wish Ben could play.

I would say the reason people do not get on the teams you have listed is that they have had alot of success within their respective basketball programs. Lausanne and St. George (State title last year) both have recently had players who are now playing in the NBA, ECS is good year in and year out, USJ has been good recently and has a really talented player in the Glover kid. Ezell won a title in the late 90's but really haven't done a whole lot since. On the other hand, MJCA has historically had a bad athletics program. Playing Pleasant View Christian, Carroll Academy, Riverside, and Currey Ingram twice a year doesn't look good either. To get respect the coaching staff over their is gonna have to start scheduling a little better than that.

You know unfortunately if you are in this division...you are gonna play some really weak teams...you have to. But we played BA, MBA, Friendship, DCA (2) David Lipscomb USN and FRA...there is some pretty good teams in that mix. We had to dodge a 3 pt shot at the buzzer to win today. "A close win makes for a better victory!"

You know unfortunately if you are in this division...you are gonna play some really weak teams...you have to. But we played BA, MBA, Friendship, DCA (2) David Lipscomb USN and FRA...there is some pretty good teams in that mix. We had to dodge a 3 pt shot at the buzzer to win today. "A close win makes for a better victory!"

How long will Hayden Ray be out?

DCA 53 USN 21

Ezell squeaked by MJCA tonight in the Battle of the Un Big Men 56-50. It seemed no one over six feet was allowed to play in this contest. (just kidding) As it turned out the Saints won the odd quarters, Ezell won the even quarters but the Eagles were lucky to leave the gym with a 6 point victory.

Got to meet Gymrat and his tall son Ben, got to talk a little basketball and a little building up of each others sons. It is pretty nice to know so many kids in this Division...it is getting hard to root against any of them.

Got some friends on both teams that are gonna face tomorrow in the FRA vs MJCA game. I hope all the boys play their best...and may the best team win.

Ezell plays at Lipscomb tomorrow in a non - division contest.

When I posted about the top 4 teams being MJCA, Ezell, DCA and FRA being the top 4 and playing for seeding, I wasn't saying that MJCA was the best team. I also said USN could play back in, but they had to win a lot of games with over half of their region schedule remaining. I also think Ross will add to a tough USN team when he can play. He played well at DCA last year for sure.

As for MJCA's schedule, it has been weak up until now and I wish we had played some tougher teams. Our opponents have won 26.2% of their games according to CoachT. But you play the schedule you got.

But what about these:

Lausanne 35.4%

Ezell 39.7%

St. George's 39.9%

USJ 40.9%

ECS 42.4%

And the toughest are:

Riverside 75%

Rossville 59.2%

Harding 59%

King's 55.5%

Webb(Knoxville) 55.4%

I don't hear people saying that the only reason Lausanne, Ezell, St. George's or ECS are at the top of the standings is their weak schedules. Or that Riverside is a lot better than their record indicates. DCA has played one of the tougher schedules and has beaten FRA and Ezell and have earned bragging rights. But there are still some tough games to be played and each one is important.

Good Luck Saints tomorrow and Monday. I wish Ben could play.

Lausanne has played the toughest schedule in Division II-A in the state without question. They played Dyer County, Southwind, and Memphis Central (all ranked in the Top 10 in AAA in the state). If that's not enough they have played Oakville Senior High School in Missouri (2010 AAAAA state runners up), Lee High School in Huntsville, AL (2010 AAAAA State Champions), and Forsyth Country Day School (one of the best private schools in the state of North Carolina). Lastly they have played Bartlett (good AAA team), Southaven (5A school in Mississippi) and Germantown (AAA).

Their true strength of schedule ranking is not reflected on here because their full schedule isn't on here and because it doesn't take into account the out of state teams that they have played.

Ezell squeaked by MJCA tonight in the Battle of the Un Big Men 56-50. It seemed no one over six feet was allowed to play in this contest. (just kidding) As it turned out the Saints won the odd quarters, Ezell won the even quarters but the Eagles were lucky to leave the gym with a 6 point victory.

Got to meet Gymrat and his tall son Ben, got to talk a little basketball and a little building up of each others sons. It is pretty nice to know so many kids in this Division...it is getting hard to root against any of them.

Got some friends on both teams that are gonna face tomorrow in the FRA vs MJCA game. I hope all the boys play their best...and may the best team win.

Ezell plays at Lipscomb tomorrow in a non - division contest.

Did Corey Teague play? Is he playing tonight against Lipscomb?