football recruiting

i'm with barb, gross misspelling a poor grammar is just the product of laziness. "texting shorthand" is the most prominent sign of the decline of western civilization. although i must say, in response to scots50, that e.e. cummings convinced me that capitalization is irrelevant. back to the topic at hand... while i am a fan of alcoa, i can't deny that open enrollment is recruiting's 3rd cousin. :roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

i'm with barb, gross misspelling a poor grammar is just the product of laziness. "texting shorthand" is the most prominent sign of the decline of western civilization. although i must say, in response to scots50, that e.e. cummings convinced me that capitalization is irrelevant. back to the topic at hand... while i am a fan of alcoa, i can't deny that open enrollment is recruiting's 3rd cousin. :roflolk:

c'mon snoball, there's not a school system in this state that doesn't have some sort of out of zone policy for "special circumstances". That's why TSSAA does not levy a multiplier on public schools with open enrollment. Kids who attend ooz for safety or special circumstances approved by local administrations would be disqualified from sports if an out of zone policy was enacted. Now thats not to say the policy isn't used to make sure an athlete with "special circumstances" gets in a school that suits his "special needs", but in order to protect the eligibility of students with legitimate needs, the TSSAA eligibility rules are reviewed on a case by case basis. As long as a kid meets the eligibility rules, i.e. sits out a season as required, TSSAA cannot arbitrarily dissmiss a school system administrators decision to allow ooz enrollment of a student and rule them ineligible. The rules have to apply equally or the resulting lawsuits filed on behalf of student-athletes would bankrupt them. Is it a loophole? Yes and just like those in the tax code, it allows the rich to get richer...but without it, a large number of kids who must transfer schools for safety reasons or other special needs would be prevented from participating in school sports.

Congrats on Big Ds signing 2morrow. It has been a pleasure watching him play the last 4 years, excited about the next 2. Oh yea 2 morrow big uglys with good genetics on the way! :thumb:

Thanks my friend! We are very excited! He told me he would pay for his college education when he was 12. He delivered. On to the next two O-Lineman.

See you in the spring. I am out recruiting 10 - 12 year olds. We gotta find some more donors on those Lexus cars. I am about out. :roflol:

Thanks my friend! We are very excited! He told me he would pay for his college education when he was 12. He delivered. On to the next two O-Lineman.

See you in the spring. I am out recruiting 10 - 12 year olds. We gotta find some more donors on those Lexus cars. I am about out. :roflol:

Dang Scots, give me a call when you get more cars. I have a 12 year old and you can count me in, his mom would love a new Lexus. I would like a new job by the way, any help you could give me there would sure help in my decision making. You are a little ahead of Stars at this point, he could not do the car thing, but offered a very nice job opportunity in training me to help on the garbage route. The job offer was not very attractive at first, but when he told me that I got to sit by Mommastars while we were on the route, I realized that the job definitely had its perks.

Dang Scots, give me a call when you get more cars. I have a 12 year old and you can count me in, his mom would love a new Lexus. I would like a new job by the way, any help you could give me there would sure help in my decision making. You are a little ahead of Stars at this point, he could not do the car thing, but offered a very nice job opportunity in training me to help on the garbage route. The job offer was not very attractive at first, but when he told me that I got to sit by Mommastars while we were on the route, I realized that the job definitely had its perks.

You want the North or South Plant? We also have some night shift positions at Denso for those "special families"! :roflol:

Seen today where the Dow closed above 12,000, which is the June 19, 2008 level prior to the "recession". However, Alcoa stock is still down 56% from it's June 19, 2008 value. :mellow:

Wonder what kind of effect this might have on Alcoa's recruiting enrollment. :(

Those new "tall boy" cans for soft drinks are proving to be a great shot in the arm for the aluminum business. Also, soft drinks in aluminum bottles with those fancy screw on caps are also hitting it big. Fire up the pots and rolling mills boys! Might have to build a new school!

Edited by scots50