Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

For Class AA Kendra Williams should be considered as she is having a fantastic year. She has scored 2,040 pts as of 1/25/2011 and is on her way to breaking the all time scoring record at Bolivar. She also has 489 rebounds, 389 assists, and 304 steals in her four year career. This year she is averaging 21.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.3 spg, and 2.9 apg. She is not only a great young lady on and off the court, she is also getting it done in the classroom. I hope she is considered as one of the finalists as she is well deserving.

Class A

After watching all of these players throughout some point this year, there are five players who stand above the rest in terms of individual play, abilities, statistics, and college potential (any of the three would make great nominees):

1. Carly Daniel, 6-2 Senior F, Wayne County

2. Rachel Garland, 5-9 Junior W/F, Moore County

3. Alycia Simmons, 5-6 Senior CG, Perry County

4. T.T. Flowers, 5-5 Junior PG, Lake County

5. Layce Colter, 5-5 Senior PG, Red Boiling Springs

Others to Consider:

- Keta Robinette, 5-6 Senior SG, Marion County

- Jordan Galey, 5-10 Senior W/F, Greenfield

- Caroline Warden, 5-5 Senior PG, Jackson County

- Heather Vann, 5-10 Senior F, Moore County

- Alaina Jordan, 5-9 Senior CG, Coalfield

One person you may not be familiar with ptguard because she is a fresheman is Jaycee Coe from Jackson Co. She should be a candidate, may not win it this year but if she continues to improve she will.

Class A, Silverdale Academy's Mariah Massengill is averaging about 29 a game, listed with about 6 steals a game. Sophomore guard. The only negative, most of her games have been against lesser competition especially compared to midstate teams.

Edited by Indian
  • Upvote 1

Class AA

Favorites:

1. Jenna Adams, 6-1 Senior F, McMinn Central

2. Kayla Biles, 5-9 Senior W, Upperman

3. Mackenzie Sells, 5-10 Senior W, Livingston Academy

4. Emily Sissom, 5-7 Senior CG, Cannon County

5. Kendra Williams, 5-7 Senior PG, Bolivar Central

Others to Consider:

- Keiona Kirby, 5-6 Senior SG, Liberty Tech. Magnet

- Maelyn Cutshaw, 5-9 Sophomore CG, South Greene

- Haley Felker, 5-8 Senior W, Harpeth

- Cara Bowling, 5-8 Senior SG, Elizabethton

- Ann Jones, 6-2 Senior F, Liberty Tech. Magnet

There are a lot of tremendous players in AA this year. This is certainly not all of them, but if I had to give the ten that have impressed me the most thus far this season, these would be them.

Edited by BBallExtreme

Class AAA

This is the easiest of the classes in terms of picking a winner. However, it is the toughest class in determining who the other two nominees should be. The favorites for a nomination should be:

1. Shacobia Barbee, 5-11 Junior F, Riverdale*

2. Kyra Kerstetter, 6-0 Senior W, Brentwood

3. Caya Williams, 6-1 Junior C, Mt. Juliet

4. Basharra Graves, 6-2 Junior F, Clarksville

5. Isabelle Harrison, 6-3 Senior C, Hillsboro

Others to Consider:

- Hasina Muhammad, 6-1 Senior W, Memphis Ridgeway

- Shanice Cason, 5-5 Senior PG, Siegel

- Ashlee Mitchell, 5-5 Sophomore PG, Tennessee

- Danielle Ballard, 5-9 Junior SG, Memphis Central

- Hannah Goolsby, 5-10 Sophomore W/F, Cookeville

- Jessy Ward, 5-7 Senior CG, Clarksville

- Armeka Booker, 6-0 Senior F, Oak Ridge

Much respect PT, but I'm surprised! I think senior Hasina Muhammad ranks better than an "also ran". AAU All-American, McDonald's All-American nominee, Auburn signee, offers from Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M, and a long list of others. 2010 All District, All Region and All State. Averaging 19 points per game with a game high 31 points against a 5th ranked Potters House team. Hasina is a fantastic young lady and a perennial honor roll student as well, with a 4.0 gpa. ESPN Ranked top 100 player, 2nd in Tennessee in her class... come on!

Class A

After watching all of these players throughout some point this year, there are five players who stand above the rest in terms of individual play, abilities, statistics, and college potential (any of the three would make great nominees):

1. Carly Daniel, 6-2 Senior F, Wayne County

2. Rachel Garland, 5-9 Junior W/F, Moore County

3. Alycia Simmons, 5-6 Senior CG, Perry County

4. T.T. Flowers, 5-5 Junior PG, Lake County

5. Layce Colter, 5-5 Senior PG, Red Boiling Springs

Right on target for Class A. The only player i have not seen this year from that list is Flowers, but I saw her last year. She's really good--and fast! Colter is a good player but when you play the types of teams her team plays, it is easy to put up 20+ ppg. I think you have to consider the level of competition in respect to the player's numbers. The first 4 all play on teams that play tough competition night in and night out, including non-district games. I think any of the 3 from the first 4 would be great nominees. I have grown up watching Daniel play here in Wayne County. She is just so tough when she wants to be and I don't think she has even reached her potential. Our team has had more than its fair share of struggles with the Simmons girl from perry co. She is good at just about all facets of the game, and is well respected by coaches in this area. The Garland girl from moore county is an absolute beast. She plays multiple positions and does everything for Moore County that they need her to do. Flowers is super quick and can score in bunches. I think she is a good floor leader as well, if I remember correctly.

Edited by AB23

One person you may not be familiar with ptguard because she is a fresheman is Jaycee Coe from Jackson Co. She should be a candidate, may not win it this year but if she continues to improve she will.

The voters usually don't like to have freshmen as Mr or Ms Basketball...When Laken Leonard was a freshman at RBS she was a finalist, but noone give her much of a chance at winning it because she was just a freshman...

Right on target for Class A. The only player i have not seen this year from that list is Flowers, but I saw her last year. She's really good--and fast! Colter is a good player but when you play the types of teams her team plays, it is easy to put up 20+ ppg. I think you have to consider the level of competition in respect to the player's numbers. The first 4 all play on teams that play tough competition night in and night out, including non-district games. I think any of the 3 from the first 4 would be great nominees. I have grown up watching Daniel play here in Wayne County. She is just so tough when she wants to be and I don't think she has even reached her potential. Our team has had more than its fair share of struggles with the Simmons girl from perry co. She is good at just about all facets of the game, and is well respected by coaches in this area. The Garland girl from moore county is an absolute beast. She plays multiple positions and does everything for Moore County that they need her to do. Flowers is super quick and can score in bunches. I think she is a good floor leader as well, if I remember correctly.

I don't know how Miss Basketball is voted,whether it's the sports writers,coaches or both.Also see a lot of people talking about stats.That's not a true measure.I'm sure Simmons from Perry co plays about the whole game with her team not winning as much.The other players,Carla Daniel,Rachel Garland and T.T. Flowers are all on winning teams that have beaten a lot of teams very bad and probably haven't played the whole game.I know Flowers has been pulled early in a lot of games.One I saw was Lake Co was winning about 30 to 4 in the first quarter and never played the rest of the game.and Lake Co insn't the same team when she's not on the floor.She could score 20 to 30 points a game every game if the coach were to leave her in.Fastest girl I've seen in Single a.The only player I've seen close is the Street girl from Bradford.I'm sure any of the girls are worthy.

Class AAA

This is the easiest of the classes in terms of picking a winner. However, it is the toughest class in determining who the other two nominees should be. The favorites for a nomination should be:

1. Shacobia Barbee, 5-11 Junior F, Riverdale*

2. Kyra Kerstetter, 6-0 Senior W, Brentwood

3. Caya Williams, 6-1 Junior C, Mt. Juliet

4. Basharra Graves, 6-2 Junior F, Clarksville

5. Isabelle Harrison, 6-3 Senior C, Hillsboro

Others to Consider:

- Hasina Muhammad, 6-1 Senior W, Memphis Ridgeway

- Shanice Cason, 5-5 Senior PG, Siegel

- Ashlee Mitchell, 5-5 Sophomore PG, Tennessee

- Danielle Ballard, 5-9 Junior SG, Memphis Central

- Hannah Goolsby, 5-10 Sophomore W/F, Cookeville

- Jessy Ward, 5-7 Senior CG, Clarksville