District 14A Tourney

volfan007

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield beat Trenton 61-30 last night. The girls are playing a lot better. Shemella McMullen has really developed this year into a "go to" player...the girl is getting better with every game. Jordan Galey and Emily Randolph had great games last night, as well. Jordan was probably the leading scorer. I dont know the official stats.

We have UC next.

I've said it all year and I'm going to stick with it. Bradford is a dangerous team! I'm taking Bradford in an upset over Lake Co. Coach Eddings will have this team prepared in every way possible and I think Bradford pulls one out of their sleeves.

In my opinion the four best teams survived out of the district. Lake County wins easily but the Greenfield/UC game is a tossup. The Greenfield/UC matchup is critical to put you in the opposite bracket of Lake County in the region.

If TT will play smart and stay out of foul trouble then Lake County can go all the way and the region is theres unless TT gets in foul trouble.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

In my opinion the four best teams survived out of the district. Lake County wins easily but the Greenfield/UC game is a tossup. The Greenfield/UC matchup is critical to put you in the opposite bracket of Lake County in the region.

If TT will play smart and stay out of foul trouble then Lake County can go all the way and the region is theres unless TT gets in foul trouble.

Naturally I hope Lake Co wins but no matter what happens ,still in the tournament and region.Same for Bradford,Greenfield,and Union city.Nothing in the district tournament would surprise me.A lot of good teams .I personally be glad when we get out of the district win or lose with hopefully,officials from Memphis or other area.Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Fred Ivey from Gibson Co and the official from Halls,who seems to not Lake Co at all, doing our game.If so,then it is going to be a long night.

Edited by mrbigster

Naturally I hope Lake Co wins but no matter what happens ,still in the tournament and region.Same for Bradford,Greenfield,and Union city.Nothing in the district tournament would surprise me.A lot of good teams .I personally be glad when we get out of the district win or lose with hopefully,officials from Memphis or other area.Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Fred Ivey from Gibson Co and the official from Halls,who seems to not Lake Co at all, doing our game.If so,then it is going to be a long night.

I HOPE NOT TO SEE FRED. HE DOES NOT LIKE BRADFORD AT ALL. I THINK HE WAS BLACK BALLED AT BRADFORD 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO. HE HAS NOT CALLED A GAME IN BRADFORD FOR SOME TIME.

I HOPE NOT TO SEE FRED. HE DOES NOT LIKE BRADFORD AT ALL. I THINK HE WAS BLACK BALLED AT BRADFORD 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO. HE HAS NOT CALLED A GAME IN BRADFORD FOR SOME TIME.

I hope you're right.After seeing some of the calls the official from Halls has called on Lake Co in a couple games in which things looked obvious,asked if Lake Co could black ball him.I was told by a school official that you use to have been able to black ball one official but couldn't do it anymore.Just hope both teams keep their players on the floor and if Lake Co loses,then just regroup.People can say what they want about officiating but I think some officials can impact a game directly or indirectly.The Halls official is or was a baseball coach at Halls.He can call against a team to benifit Halls.Not a big deal now because Halls is down.A couople more are from Union city.One is a former player for Union City and the other coaches the middle school and all of the high school players are his former players.Plus,You would think he's around Cisco quite a bit.No way he doesn't have some biased calls toward those players..If they would rather Union City play Lake Co than Humboldt,may see some games or plays different.So.I'd rather take my chances with officials from out ot town officials.especially in the region when it's lose and you go home.No matter,Lake Co had better come to play or could be just like last year.That's the only thing and last thing I'd be telling the girls.Remember last year.Beat a team twice pretty bad both times and lost in the region.Have to come ready to play.

Edited by mrbigster

IF BRADFORD DID WIN IT WOULD BE A HUGH UPSET, I DON'T THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN. BUT I HOPE IT IS NOT ANOTHER BLOW OUT.

Never know in a tournament.I saw that last year.I think had Lake Co played Humboldt 10 times last year,Lake Co would have won 9 times.Had better come to play.Better not come into this game thinking it's going to be like the last game.Could be a big mistake.The only good thing is if Bradford does win,Lake Co is still in.That's a huge difference.

Figured I'd get a couple replies about my post and the officials.Figured some would say it's not that way.Think I'm going to take the test myself to become an official.I don't have anyone playing football or basketball at Lake Co,Been out of school a long time.I'm not a coach there like the Union city official.No way I'd be biased toward Lake Co.

Edited by mrbigster

Ha! Bigster, I love reading your post and I love that you get everyone stirred up. You bring up an interesting point. The biased of an official is completely unfair to any teams of high school girls/boys. I don't care who you are/aren't cheering for, the officiating should be 100% fair. I am aware that everyone misses a call every now and again, but when you put 3 "experienced" officials on the floor, calls should not be missed too often. They are paid for a reason. I would imagine that if I continued to do my job poorly, I would no longer have a job. It seems that there is no way to win. You can file a formal complaint... BUT... that doesn't help after the game has ended and someone has won/lost. Rarely can you blame a game on the officials, but when you can, no one really wins. :twisted: I am looking forward to the tournament games and hoping that everyone (including the officials) will come game ready and put on a great show! Good luck to everyone over the upcoming weeks. Everyone in 14A knows this will be a tough one and there is no one who is undeserving!

i see nobody like fred ivey im from gc and we hate to see fred call our game. and i dont think a red can lose a game for a team.because when you go back and look at the the game their is always something the team didnt do so well didn't rebound hit free throws etc.players have to adjust to the way the ref is calling the game because every ref have a different way of calling a game. and its hard for a ref to call his home town team game because you know the fans the coaches the players and they know you to. and when they are not calling a game you will see them at a game watching their home town team play. and we are all human we all want our team to win and a ref is the same way because they probably seen them players play ball for a long time and they want to be fair but still he or she would still like his team win but i think they should have refs from memphis just like they do for the substate game to make it where nobody can see the ref cheated and all of that

Ha! Bigster, I love reading your post and I love that you get everyone stirred up. You bring up an interesting point. The biased of an official is completely unfair to any teams of high school girls/boys. I don't care who you are/aren't cheering for, the officiating should be 100% fair. I am aware that everyone misses a call every now and again, but when you put 3 "experienced" officials on the floor, calls should not be missed too often. They are paid for a reason. I would imagine that if I continued to do my job poorly, I would no longer have a job. It seems that there is no way to win. You can file a formal complaint... BUT... that doesn't help after the game has ended and someone has won/lost. Rarely can you blame a game on the officials, but when you can, no one really wins. :twisted: I am looking forward to the tournament games and hoping that everyone (including the officials) will come game ready and put on a great show! Good luck to everyone over the upcoming weeks. Everyone in 14A knows this will be a tough one and there is no one who is undeserving!

I like stirring things up a little.I'm sure if Lake Co was playing Gibson Co in a tournament,and I know we're not in the same classification,I would promise you Pioneer would be a little squirmish if I were an official and calling a game with the loser going home..So,can't tell me that a official that has been coaching for 13 years at Union City isn't pulling for them deep down.I hope the officials put on a great show as well.If you have witnessed the officials I'm talking about and especially the one from Halls,you'd know nobody from Lake Co wants him doing the game.Wasn't saying they are cheating but let's just say South fulton is playing Union City tonight and yall have Chip King,and Ward officiating with the loser going home.Deep down,who you think they want to advance?Same for Boykin.He may do a Lake Co-Halls game and with his brother the coach at Humboldt,maybe would rather see Halls win.It makes an easier path on the road to the Boro.I'm just throwing this out there.Why have officials that can keep a team from advancing in a game with ties to that school?May not be anything to it,but if they are doing the South Fulton-Union City game and yall lose due to a couple ghost calls,well nothing more to say.

Edited by mrbigster