Region 7AA Tournament

GCPioneer

The top 2 seeds from each district will be hosting Friday night and then the region semi's and finals will move to Dyersburg HS.

The bracket looks like this for Friday night:

#1 from 13AA Obion Co. hosting #4 from 14AA Bolivar

#2 from 13AA Gibson Co. hosting #3 from 14AA Lexington

#1 from 14AA McNairy Central hosting #4 from 13AA Dyersburg

#2 from 14AA Liberty Tech hosting #3 from 13AA Martin Westview

Semifinal brackets will look like this:

Obion Co./Bolivar winner v. Libery Tech/Westview winner

Gibson Co./Lexington winner v. McNairy Central/Dyersburg winner

If I got this wrong, someone please correct it. I'm pretty sure this is the correct bracket for Region 7AA.

Edited by GCPioneer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has the makings of a very competitive tournament. Gibson Co. dominated this event last year down in Lexington. All of the 13AA teams finished as they did to close out the regular season with Obion Central #1, Gibson co.#2, Westview #3 and D'burg #4.

14AA was a little unpredictable with McNairy knocking off Liberty and Lexington upsetting Bolivar. the upper half of that bracket could be interesting with Bolivar coming to Troy for the 2nd time this year(they played and lost to Dyersburg in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic on Feb.5th) to take on an OC girls team that won by 20 in the District 13AA Title game over Gibson Co. as they played their most complete game of the season and the other game in that upper bracket is Liberty hosting Westview in what could be a battle of two teams who like to play ball control and work clock with patient half court sets. Should be an interesting night of 7AA Hoops on Friday.

Getcha POPCORN READY!! :popcorneater:

I agree this tournament is going to be very interesting. All of the opening round games should be competitive. I think the bracket sets up well for Gibson County, especially with Obion County, Liberty, and Westview all on the same side (that side of the bracket is tougher). It's definitely one of the region tournaments to keep a close eye on. Good luck to everyone.

I agree this tournament is going to be very interesting. All of the opening round games should be competitive. I think the bracket sets up well for Gibson County, especially with Obion County, Liberty, and Westview all on the same side (that side of the bracket is tougher). It's definitely one of the region tournaments to keep a close eye on. Good luck to everyone.

No knock against the teams in our bracket, but I feel the same as you. If we're to make a run towards Murfreesboro, we are better off in this part of the bracket as I'm sure McNairy, Lexington and Dyersburg are saying the same as us. Liberty, Westview, Bolivar and Obion Co. in one side of an 8 team bracket is BRUTAL! McNaairy Central seems to be a hot team right now and Dyersburg is extremely athletic. Lexington is a solid team, but if Gibson Co. comes to play Friday night, we should win. In all honesty, I hope we play McNairy Central in the second round. I'd really hate to play Dyersburg in a loser go home game at Dyersburg in the region semi's. It's also hard to beat a team 3 times and we've beaten Dyersburg twice already. This should be a good and wild 7AA tournament!

Congrats to the 4 teams remaining.

As for the Gibson Co./Lexington game, the difference maker tonight was Alyssa White. She had around 15 points and 15 rebounds. She also was at the front of our press and caused tons of turnovers (Lexington had 25 turnovers). Once Lexington calmed down, they did ok against the press. We shot decent from 3 point land, but our offensive force tonight was down in the post. We will have to step it up another notch on Monday night as we go to Dyersburg to play McNairy. McNairy is playing very well as of late. No one expected us to make it this far, so keep fighting!

Congrats to the 4 teams remaining.

As for the Gibson Co./Lexington game, the difference maker tonight was Alyssa White. She had around 15 points and 15 rebounds. She also was at the front of our press and caused tons of turnovers (Lexington had 25 turnovers). Once Lexington calmed down, they did ok against the press. We shot decent from 3 point land, but our offensive force tonight was down in the post. We will have to step it up another notch on Monday night as we go to Dyersburg to play McNairy. McNairy is playing very well as of late. No one expected us to make it this far, so keep fighting!

Your right GC Pioneer. It was only a GC one point lead at half. GC's press was relentless in the third quarter. Reminded me of the last two years. Lexington only got set set up a handful of times in the 3rd. If they make it out of this tough region and the sectionals, I feel like we will be battle tested going into the Boro. I feel like by then maybe we could be healthy. If they keep the same 3rd quarter intensity, I like our chances. I also liked having Megan Porter in the game, an extra point guard, when they pressed us. Keep fighting. A lot of heart is hard to beat.

Good luck lady pioneers!!! Keep it up and get that birth in a substate game with a win tomorrow night in dyersburg!! Should be a great game with mcnairy, hopefully the ladies will be back at full strrength as they have been playing without key players for over a week now! if they come out and defend mcnairy i feel confident well take the game. Good luck ladies!

Hopefully our press will take it's toll on McNairy tomorrow like it did Lexington. We forced 25 TO's against Lexington. Also, Alyssa White will have to dominate the post and boards like she did in the last game. From what I hear, McNairy doesn't have much heigth, must like us. If we shoot the ball well tomorrow and frustrate McNairy with the press, I feel confident. It's going to be a good game!!!