Region 7AA Tournament

GCPioneer

Congrats to the remaining teams. I just wanted to take a moment and congratulate the Lady Chargers of Westview on a good season. No one expected much out of this team this year after losing the 3 college signees (Rechis, Swaim and Olds) from last year. However, you girls came together and played well. There were ups and downs as there is in any season but to finish 3rd in the district for the season and 3rd in the tournament is nothing to be ashamed of. Hats off to this year's seniors Jacey Sims (All-District) and Breanna Pitcher (All District, All District Tournamemt and All District Academic). You both gave it your all against Liberty but came up a little short. This was one of the better games that the Lady Chargers played all year. They lead most of the game and controlled the tempo. Not until the fourth quarter did Liberty take the lead. Westview just missed a few key shots down the stretch. Breanna Pitcher carried the load through out the game scoring a game high 21 pts. Jacey Sims added 10 pts, Taylor Swaim 4 pts and Kaley Leyhue 4pts. I've enjoyed watching Pitcher and Sims play over the past 4 years and was hoping to see a 3rd trip to the state tournament for these girls. It just wasn't meant to be. I heard they are both considering offers to play at the next level. No matter what they decide to do, I wish them the best.

aWHSfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is WOWWWWWWW WHAT A GAME! Gibson Co. came out on the losing end, which is no fun, but it was a great battle in the second half. Gibson Co. was down 14 heading into the 4th quarter. We scored 8 points in around 30 seconds to get back into the game. We eventually tied it up and had a chance at the game winning shot in regulation, but rolled off the front of the rim. McNairy hits a HUGE 3 in OT to go ahead by 5. I hate GC lost, but McNairy is an outstanding team with great shooters. All 5 starters shoot the 3 ball well and then catch you off guard with a back door cut. McNairy may lack some size, but their shooting makes up for it. Big win for McNairy and good luck in sub-state and hopefully the state tournaments!

Final

McNairy - 73

Gibson - 67

Edited by GCPioneer

I agree. That was a super game. I am so glad I have followed these girls around the last three years. It helps me through every day life watching a resiliant program that never says its over till it's over. The atmosphere reminded me of the McMinn Central comeback. Congrats on a super year when most didn't give us a lot of hope. Good luck to McNairy and Liberty moving forward. Congrats to Obion as well. You guys have a lot to look forward to next year. Had some things that didn't go their way and they didn't finish Liberty off when they had them down. But keep your heads up. You guys had a good year as well as Westview.

On a side note, congrats to the GC Seniors on an awesome career at Gibson Co. Alyssa has only been at GC for 2 years, but won a state championship last year. Also to the twins, Courtney and Kelly Tyree, you guys haven't been 100% as you've both been battling the flu over the past week or 2, but you 2 are great players. Congrats to all 3 on very successful careers at Gibson Co.!

On a side note, congrats to the GC Seniors on an awesome career at Gibson Co. Alyssa has only been at GC for 2 years, but won a state championship last year. Also to the twins, Courtney and Kelly Tyree, you guys haven't been 100% as you've both been battling the flu over the past week or 2, but you 2 are great players. Congrats to all 3 on very successful careers at Gibson Co.!

Although she did have a relatively good year this year, she had nothing to do with the state championship last year. 3 College Freshmen playing for UTM had everything to do with the state championship last year.

I felt really bad all day today playing the what if's game. You can't help but wonder what would have happend if GC was completely healthy with Tyree out, who had 20 plus points in two of the district wins. Our girls were running on major adrenaline in the 4th, major depth issues. I think we had McNairy on the ropes at one point. I was setting above their bench and they looked in complete schock during the run. It was a great comeback regardless of the loss. I feel for OC fans. They were a very talented and have to learn to put teams away. If GC would have won last night, I would have liked our chances in the Boro with our experience up there. I hear AA has a lot of parity across the board, but congrats to GC for the run. I can't help but feel next year with our experience coming back we will make another run. I would feel real good if we had a low post presence like OC.

Although she did have a relatively good year this year, she had nothing to do with the state championship last year. 3 College Freshmen playing for UTM had everything to do with the state championship last year.

I guess the three that went on to UTM Butler, Reedy and Griffin just practiced by themselves not against anyone else on Gibson Co.??? Last time I checked it takes a the whole team to win....get a clue young man. Butler and Reedy also won the OVC championship tonight and will be going to the big dance. (NCAA)

They were missed no doubt, but GC did better then anyone expected them. Congratulations to the seniors @ GC.

I guess the three that went on to UTM Butler, Reedy and Griffin just practiced by themselves not against anyone else on Gibson Co.??? Last time I checked it takes a the whole team to win....get a clue young man. Butler and Reedy also won the OVC championship tonight and will be going to the big dance. (NCAA)

They were missed no doubt, but GC did better then anyone expected them. Congratulations to the seniors @ GC.

Couldnt agree more! Great job Coach Hart did with this group of young ladies that had very little experience playing and in playing key roles during games. This group of girls showed what hard work and determination can do! I expect next season to be better as this team only loses 3players and returns a great nucleus and some outstanding young players as well. I expect this team to make a run at the "Boro". But again congratulations to Coach Hart and The Lady Pioneers on a great season and showing the GC Lady Pooneer tradition!