A state champs

You are mistaken, did you really think that I or anyone else would make a statement like that if I hadn't seen them play? Do you really believe that refs that come from different parts of the state favor one team? That doesn't make any sense and it is an insult to the refs. They do the best they can, and yes for your information, I have seen many games that CA has played and probably many more than you. That is a fact and they take just as much heat from the refs as anyone else. I doubt having Mr. Basketball has anything to do with the refs either.

you must from CA as well where did they recruit you from. It sounds like to me you cant handle the truth. Everyone knows this is true but people from CA. Its ok if i was from there i would be blind to it as well.

Wh are you so against CA I have a son who played for NC and they are a Private school as well and also CSAS is a magnet school meaning students apply for admission. Why arent you bringing up these schools? Maybe because whoever you support has gotten beat and you just can't accept the ebb and flow of high school sports. There are always classes that cone through and will dominate. East Rob had it Nashville Christian had it and now CA does and likely mcewen or whitehouse will be the class of 10A for te next few years.

aqua777, you are right that no one has seen every team or knows how good each is but west tn does produce strong basketball as well as Chattanooga. I did a little research for everyone to give us some comparison. Since 2001(as far back as I went) West TN has had 4 Single A state champs Middleton(05), Union City(06), Union City(08) and Manassas(09). Chattanooga has 4 state champs as well CCS(01), Temple(02), Temple(03) and Temple(07). The other winners are Unaka(04)and CA last year. In the runner-up category the west has 3; Greenfield(03), Trenton-Peobody(05) and Manassas(08) while Chattanooga has 4 runner-ups; Grace(06), CSAS(07),Temple(09) and Grace last year. During this time period there have been 2 All-West TN finals with Middleton/Peabody(05) and Union City/Manassas(08) and 1 All Chattanooga Final with Temple/CSAS(07). Also Chattanooga championships are held by only 2 teams (Temple/CCS) during this time while west tn has had 3 different titlest Union City, Middleton and Manassas. Chattanooga has had 4 teams appear in the title game(Temple,Grace, CCS and CSAS) none of which are a public school, just saying :D , while the west has had 5 different teams, no private schools :thumb: , during that time.So looking at the last 10 years it has been almost even. Though if you go on the last 6 years you have west tn holding the advantage with 4 titles to 1 with a 2-0 head to head advantage in the finals for west tn over Chatt teams. Just some numbers to look over but right now almost a dead heat between Chattanooga area and West TN for Single A bragging rights.

Thanks for the numbers Wardawg. They are very helpful. It looks like both sides is pretty even. On a side note, CSAS is a public school. The others are private. CSAS does get confused many times with other private schools in the area.

You know its true but you would not admit it because you are from CA. By the way you guys are doing a nice job of recruiting up there since you are so good at stats what percent of those players are recruits.

That is easy; I don't need a calulator for that. The percentage is 0%. I'm going back to CA's regional game.

You know its true but you would not admit it because you are from CA. By the way you guys are doing a nice job of recruiting up there since you are so good at stats what percent of those players are recruits.

Thank you Ms. Hyde, you are correct, CA has no recruits. All students have been at the school for a significant period of time, especially the twins. They have been at the school since the 7th grade. Count it, that's since they were little kids. They have great parents and are great kids, along with the rest of the team. Get a grip 5510, ZERO are recruits!!! Don't really care what you think, take a look at your posts and the replies, everyone is laughing at you!!!

aqua you are right to a point on CSAS, they are a magnet school that students apply to get into. I remember when they opened and had Porter Roberts, Carlos Clark and George Hudgins playing for them. They are not your typical public school even though they are considered public. They are selective in who they accept. That really doesn't matter just thought I'd rib you guys in Chatt a bit about those privates. I used to live that way so I appreciate the great bball played in chatt at all levels. I remember the Malcolm Mackey, Jay Price Brainerd teams as well as Johnny Taylor, Larry Penn Howard teams. We could name great players from Lightfoot, High, CJ Black and so on all day. Being out west now I know how good bball is here as well.

It's alright man. It's almost sad how uneducated you are. your posts really do not even need a reply. making statements like these, especially when they are false, show your true character. It's almost like you just need attention or something to complain about. But I will let you keep showing your butt. Good luck if your team is still in contention.

It's alright man. It's almost sad how uneducated you are. your posts really do not even need a reply. making statements like these, especially when they are false, show your true character. It's almost like you just need attention or something to complain about. But I will let you keep showing your butt. Good luck if your team is still in contention.

i know its ok and the statements are not false. I would not admit my team was recruiting either. Trust me im not uneducated at all. Here is one example for you waverly jr high won the state this year two of the starters that are in the 8th grade and are very talented CA has been contacting them wanting them to come to school there. you think that is not recruiting. And you think i am uneducated seems to me your high end private school education does not make you as smart as you think you are.