Whitwell - Looking for a Head Coach Again?

Sequatchie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to find out the real story behind this. As a coach, I would be timid to apply since there has been so much turnover in recent years.

Yeah, just seen story on the news this morning. Don't know what happened, but if it is just because the program is not winning - everyone just needs to stop and think. Do you think it may be the kids may not be that talented. Seems that small town politics may be playing into this one. Why in the world would anyone want to come to Whitwill and coach knowing that winning in two years is a must. NEVER THE KIDS FAULT!

I posted because I am sick and tired of hearing this same ol' story. Started in pros,then college, and now trickling down into high school. Next it will be grammer school and probably little league. What kind of people are we becoming?

Why all of the sudden are directors of schools getting involved in the hiring and firing of coaches, especially if there was nothing illegal and according to the director nothing to do with last season. Bobby Brown at Lebanon was asked to resign by someone above his building principal, and a Superintendant in Indiana just had a Def Coor. at a 5A fired. What is the deal? Please tell me there are bigger problems for directors of school corporations than firing coaches.

I was looking in my Murphy Fair book and it list a Brady man, Thacker man, and Spangler man as assistant coaches. Is that Griffith man going to hire one of these boys to coach? I read the article in my newspaper and that Griffth man seemed really mad. Whitwell has a bunch of mess on their hands. You think im joking but im not.

I really like John Allen. As an alumni he gets my support.

If Whitwell hires this Allen man, since you are alumni possum, can you make sure he sends in his survey for my Murphy Fair book so we will know about these Whitwell boys? Last year that Tierney man and Grider sent theirs in, but that Boeck man did not. Someone at Marion County needs to make sure Boeck sends in his survey this year. It only takes 20 minutes to fill it out.

If Whitwell hires this Allen man, since you are alumni possum, can you make sure he sends in his survey for my Murphy Fair book so we will know about these Whitwell boys? Last year that Tierney man and Grider sent theirs in, but that Boeck man did not. Someone at Marion County needs to make sure Boeck sends in his survey this year. It only takes 20 minutes to fill it out.

Roy - Save your money and read the local preview, way more accurate. It takes longer than 20 minutes. he asks things that are not necessary but it makes him sound like the "guru" he thinks he is. Especially by the time he gets done with his spin, and the season actually starts, with attrition and life in HS football it is never the same team info. The rosters and info on Coach T are a hundred times more accurate than the "guru's" book.

Yeah, just seen story on the news this morning. Don't know what happened, but if it is just because the program is not winning - everyone just needs to stop and think. Do you think it may be the kids may not be that talented. Seems that small town politics may be playing into this one. Why in the world would anyone want to come to Whitwill and coach knowing that winning in two years is a must. NEVER THE KIDS FAULT!

I posted because I am sick and tired of hearing this same ol' story. Started in pros,then college, and now trickling down into high school. Next it will be grammer school and probably little league. What kind of people are we becoming?

When I saw them play this year they were getting beaten something around 42-0 at the half and it ended up something around 49-7. What I remember more than the score is how several of the Whitwell players-not many, but even one would be too much-were laughing and cutting up on the way back to the locker room immediately after the game ended. They seemed to care less they were run over by a valley rival. A coach can be a motivator but with attitudes like this the ex-coach had a difficult job.