McMinn Central vs Cannon County, (part II)

blitzinbuc

The refs called 50 fouls in this game. That's one foul every 38 seconds. That's crazy.

Could MCentral have won by more? Maybe...if they hadn't fouled so much. Could MCentral have lost? Maybe...if Cannon had shot better than 25% from the field and hit their free throws. Could it have been a better, more entertaining game? Maybe...if the lady ref had Lasik surgery or had missed her ride to the gym. It's academic at this point and was what it was. My team got beat. No excuses. I'm not blaming the refs because they sucked for both teams. I'm proud of my team and what they accomplished and I hope they are too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Gibson County fan and am a neutral party. I thought the game was officiated terribly on both sides. But, if your Cannon County you had numerous chances to take that game over and didn't. You missed way too many free throws and why would you not in the fourth quarter take it to the goal more with their big girls in foul trouble. The couple of times they did they made uncontested lay ups. I was not impressed with the coaching of Cannon. Mcminn, on the other hand, got the ball to their big two religiously when they were in the game. I think Mcminn took away Cannon's threes and Cannon had no answer. But, I will give Cannon County credit. They, by far brought more fans than I have ever seen. Very loyal fans and it was an electric gym. Mcminn is a very experienced team in the Boro. You guys will be back. Keep your heads up.

Pretty fair assessment regarding Cannon's play.

That's not entirely accurate. MCentral scored 5 points in the 3rd quarter and the lead was cut to 3.

But they never gave up the lead. They did their job just right, which was riding the storm that was the 3rd quarter and keeping the lead til the 4th til the starters could get back in. They were mainly freshman or players who didn't get many minutes the whole year and they held that lead. They were 4 nonstarters who slowed down and kept the lead against the 2nd best team in the tournament.

If anyone was wondering why Cannon's coach got a technical foul it was because he pointed out to the lady ref (Suzanne Byrd) that MCentral had 6 players on the floor, which of course she didn't see.

She was the only one letting them play at all, and how do you know why she gave him the tech, you're not her. Not saying she was great but of the three she was closer to letting the players settle it. bottom line Cannon had plenty of chances to win and they didn't, maybe next time, always next year, don't hang your head, winners never quit ..etc.etc. etc.

First of all congrats to Cannon for having a great season but have a question for the Cannon fans. Does it back yall feel better to boo the Central girls when they were walking in a halftime? I can understand high school kids doing it but the parents and fans did it too. Why? Maybe you have begun to up level of play from the kids and coaching to compete in your tough district but Livingston and Upperman can still show you how to act with class in the stands.

Another question. While both teams were on the floor in pregame warm ups. The two sisters mom pulled out one of those neon green Event Staff tee shirts, puts it on and goes out on the floor during warms. Is this allowed by the coaching staff? Or does she do what ever she wants? Once she got back to her seat she took it off. Since our guards did not allow either to hit a three I believe she should have stayed in the stands and let Coach Dodgen do the actual coaching.

She was the only one letting them play at all, and how do you know why she gave him the tech, you're not her. Not saying she was great but of the three she was closer to letting the players settle it. bottom line Cannon had plenty of chances to win and they didn't, maybe next time, always next year, don't hang your head, winners never quit ..etc.etc. etc.

I know why the technical was called because the coach was asked about it by the media and that is what he said. I can provide a link to the story if you want.

Also, I had a clear view of the play and the intentional foul called near the end of the game by the lady ref was totally bogus. For the record the entire officiating crew was Greg Mathis, Suzanne Byrd, and Pete Norville. Since the refs are voted on those who voted for them should know how their selections performed.

First of all congrats to Cannon for having a great season but have a question for the Cannon fans. Does it back yall feel better to boo the Central girls when they were walking in a halftime? I can understand high school kids doing it but the parents and fans did it too. Why? Maybe you have begun to up level of play from the kids and coaching to compete in your tough district but Livingston and Upperman can still show you how to act with class in the stands.

Another question. While both teams were on the floor in pregame warm ups. The two sisters mom pulled out one of those neon green Event Staff tee shirts, puts it on and goes out on the floor during warms. Is this allowed by the coaching staff? Or does she do what ever she wants? Once she got back to her seat she took it off. Since our guards did not allow either to hit a three I believe she should have stayed in the stands and let Coach Dodgen do the actual coaching.

The booing was inappropriate but thankfully was an isolated occurrence in my experience and in reality only a few did in the student section. No one in my section did.

I don't know anything about the 2 sisters' mom supposedly going out on the floor before the game. EDIT ***What really happened is explained below***

Edited by woodvegas